1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandit dagger progression

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by kickserve, Jan 8, 2021.

1. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    4:51 PM
    What is the normal dagger progression nowadays?

back when I last played ms didn’t have maple anniversary daggers and plastic bottles, etc. so the progression is a scrolled kfan until 60 and scroll deadly fin until 80 for scrolled dragon tail.

is that still normal or should there be other daggers to use along the way?

Also should I just owl for the clean daggers or do people not bother to sell them as they are not worth much?

2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    7:51 PM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Anniversary daggers i guess? People still use korean fans i believe as well

3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I used Kfan > Bottle > Gold Double Knife > Dragon Kanzir

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:51 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It depends on how long you are staying dexless if at all.

For dexless after Kfan you can get a plastic bottle - maple wagner - liu bei dagger - 64 maple dagger - fan.

After the fan I usually start pumping dex and possibly str so you switch to regular daggers (skip the kanzir and go for either the lvl 80 or 90 dagger).

You can skip more daggers if you're only grinding with ME but you probably wanna at least get the lvl 90 one.

5. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Notable dexless/strless (relatively) daggers would be kfan (35), wagner (43), plastic bottle (45), diamond dagger (50), liu bei dagger (53), dark mate (64), asura (64), kebob (75).

That said, you really don't need to get every dagger. A well-scrolled kfan could last you into late 2nd job. I would suggest getting kfan, either diamond dagger or liu bei dagger, then dark mate or asura. Whether you upgrade your dagger into 3rd job is dependent on how you plan on lvling. If you're using ME, there's no reason to waste money on a dagger you don't need. If you wanna go the BoT build, a dragon tail at lvl 80 with the khanjar will suffice until lvl 100 when you get gold double knife.

Just trying owling any dagger you can get. Since 60% dagger scrolls are pretty cheap, you could always just scroll a clean one yourself, but finding a decent scrolled dagger is always best since you're not trying to get a perfect lvl 64 dagger or anything.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Are maple asura and dark mate still dropped or event only?

7. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    All maple weapons are only available during the anniversary event.

8. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    7:51 PM
    Kfan 35 > Lui Bei Dagger 53 > Dark Mate/Asura 64

This would be the best way to go, also note you do not need to invest a lot of meso into the lvl 64 dagger if you planning on bombing in 3rd job since your equips dont effect m.e damage. However if your going to be grinding at cds you should try to get a decent one. If you can make the 35 str requirement for the lvl 65 fan, that would likely be the cheaper route. The kebob (lvl 75) is fast (5), which is 1 speed slower than all the other daggers mentioned so most people skip it but its not a bad option and I actually used it from lvl 75 - 125 in gms lol.

9. Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    I used kfan --> --> Diamond dagger --> Lui Bei Dagger --> Fan --> Kebob --> GDK

10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:51 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    KFan -> Diamond Dagger or Liu Bei Dagger -> Fan -> Kebob -> GDK or Kanzir

If you can't get Maple weapons ^