1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

best class for exploring?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tamanegi, Mar 20, 2020.

1. tamanegi

tamanegi Red Snail

Mar 19, 2020
    11:13 AM
    hey all! i'm new here and i was just wondering, which class would be best for a (mostly) solo + unfunded + doing quests, fighting mini bosses & exploring different places experience?

i've played f/p mage, priest, brawler & perma-beginner a few years back on another server, and i never made it past level 100 before getting bored lol. i kinda expect the same to happen here, what with real life obligations and all.

anyway, i'm especially interested in trying out new stuff, so i'm thinking either page or crossbowman at the moment. i like the idea of not needing to hp wash for the page just in case i somehow manage to get to 4th job and beyond and develop an interest in bossing (tbh i don't really understand hp washing lol). on the other hand, their 2nd-3rd job skills don't sound as interesting as a crossbowman's from what i've read so far... and the chances of me getting to 4th job is rather slim too...

what do you guys think? i'm open to other suggestions as well! just looking to make my time here as fun as possible joymush

2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:13 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'd look into:
    Bandit (it's fun while solo + unfunded)
    2nd job is okay and you can just explore if you don't want to mindlessly grind the efficient maps (good skill 40+)
    At 3rd job you'd farm with Band of Thieves which is really nice for mobbing.

Of course you're not as fast and as efficient as assassin, but that's fine.
    Either way, given you have the same HP, even doing an Assassin / Hermit would be interesting (even without washing), of course getting to boss, if you ever want to do that, will be harder to do.
    But at least playing for fun it's nice

Bandit HP = Assassin HP
    only thing that differs is Bandit can have low HP because of Meso Guard, assassin can't.

3. OP
    OP
    tamanegi

tamanegi Red Snail

Mar 19, 2020
    interesting... i always thought those two would be more suited for someone who's funded. but thanks! bandit sounds fun, i'll look into that as well.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:13 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would do hermit. The speed boost of having flash jump is insane for exploring.

They are orders of magnitude faster than any other class

5. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I think the best class for you is shadower. They're a great all around class and it was also my class when I first started on legends. Flashy skills + extremely independent. Party buffs don't help too much since we don't benefit from SI and very little from SE. Endgame bossing potential is pretty decent too considering there was a recent buff, and HP washing is not needed due to meso guard and extremely high avoidability if/when you reach late levels.

You could also fly through levels in third job with meso bomb, but it doesn't seem like that aligns with what you want out of legends.

6. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Yeah they do require a bit of funding, but not unless you're planning on reaching 4th job and hp washing. End game in general is pretty expensive though so I don't think it should affect your choice too much unless you plan on getting to 4th job seriously.

I agree on shadowers being great for solo-play. Minimal to no washing necessary, extremely fast grinding through 3rd and 4th job (second only to mages), decent mobbing skills, sub-optimal but still okay single-target dps, one of the best mobility (haste + assaulter).

I will say that 3rd job is pretty rough if you don't use meso explosion all the way through (also expensive). Band of Thieves does hit six mobs when maxed and hits quickly, but its range is abysmal and only activates when you directly hit a mob (range is basically as large as a normal attack). Its still a decent skill, but doesn't compare to mobbing skills for mages, bowmans, and dragon knights in 3rd job.

7. OP
    OP
    tamanegi

tamanegi Red Snail

Mar 19, 2020
    thanks for all the input guys! i was actually kinda keen on trying out a crossbowman but y'all brought up some interesting points, especially about mobility. argh... now i'm torn between a crossbowman and a bandit... maybe i'll just make 2 charas lol.