1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Christmas 2020 Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mirrors, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    3:36 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hello! Here is this year's Christmas 2020 Event Feedback thread. Please share how you liked/disliked the event and what can be improved. [​IMG]

Here are some talking points for a recap of the event:
    • Events
      • Santa's Beginner Gifts (< Level 70)
      • Santa's Special Pendant (Weekly Levelup Quest)
      • Wrapper Exchange (Raffle)
      • Roodolph's Gifts Shop (Wrapping Boxes)
      • Exp Bonus + Bonus Exp for Active Attacking
    • Exchange Awards
      • Christmas Points
        • NX Sets, Single Cosmetics, Pets, Hair / Face Coupons
    • Event Drops
      • Christmas Points and its drop rate / strategies as well as the newly introduced Party Christmas Points system
    • Questions If You're Stuck
      • How did you feel about the level limits of the event this year?
      • Did you miss the Snowman from previous years Christmas Events? Would you like to see Snowman make a return? (Snowman works very similarly to Puff Daddy and the Maple Tree for those who are unfamiliar).
      • If you participated in the beginner event (Santa's Beginner Awards), how did you feel about it and its exchange rates for items?
      • What were your thoughts on the Christmas Points system and the party points system?
      • What items did you exchange your points for, and why? Did you feel the price was fair?
      • What are some things you'd like to be improved for next year?
    As a reminder, please keep the discussion civil. We hope you enjoyed the event, and thank you for your input!

Happy Mapling~
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    4:36 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    I'll rate this event on a personal Report Card. (Why not be creative with feedback?)

--Snowman was definitely a change not being in this year's event. It felt like rather than enjoying a fun snowball fight, you had to grind to get decent, or if at any, rewards. Let's just say the grind for Wrappers and X-Mas presents became numb after the second week, especially if one's RNG sucked throughout the event. GRADE: B+ for good RNG, D- for bad RNG
    --The beginner Gifts were generous for newcomers. Maybe add some agency on what each player wants to pick rather than giving them an item that will ultimately be replaced by better items. GRADE: B
    --The Santa's Pendant was a nice little bonus, though most people had complained about the longevity of the item (only being available for another month after the event concluded). GRADE: B+
    --I didn't even know about Rudolph's Gift Shop (Wrapping Boxes). Maybe I just missed that... PEPEGA. GRADE: N/A
    --As Usual, The Bonus EXP, regardless of shape or form, kept people engaged and that is ALWAYS welcomed. GRADE: A

OVERALL EVENT GRADE: B-

As usual, this is one Mapler's experience, but it was definitely a nice event.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    6:36 AM
    I/L Mage
    I wish that the rates for the WS/CS could be a bit higher. Sometimes I could go hours without seeing someone pull a WS/CS from the raffle. Many people come back to the game during the events, which increased the demand for WS/CS. The prices of WS rose 10m+ in a few weeks, which makes me think that the supply of WS pulled from the raffle simply did not meet the demand.

The exchange rates for resets was a big improvement compared to the Halloween event. I especially liked the sharing presents system, which encouraged people to party up together.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    If I may respectfully provide a critique, I feel like the way players can farm presents should be improved. Presents should drop from mobs that are around your level. This would encourage and incentivize training esp among party members (since other party members who pick up presents also register points for their peers -- this specifically I liked a lot because it encourages community building!). Implementing this would also prevent competition for popular maps like HHG, BL5, PP2, etc. Also, it frees up those popular places for players who are trying to use them to train as well (alluding to a post in the Suggestions forum).

I personally exchanged points for pets, hair, and clothing. This freed up my NX so that I could buy Owls, VIP Teleport Rocks, and AP Resets. I would definitely ask this continued to be implemented in future Christmas events! The clothing and hair was very aesthetically pleasing and a job well done as well!

Maybe we could do a community competition next year? For example, each guild will decorate a Christmas Tree / Menorah and compete against other guilds. Someone in the guild would take a screenshot and post it in the forums. The GMs/Moderators would judge and award the entire guild with the best decorated tree / menorah a prize (e.g., more frequent GM buffs for a month, something worth mesos, gach tickets, etc.). This would also promote more community imo.

Really good job from the team and appreciate all your efforts! :)

Edit: For those who disagree, I'm just curious as to which of my points you disagree about and why? I'm just curious as to your insights :) Thanks!

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    What I liked
    • Sub-level 70 content wasn't a meme, something which I felt was true for the last few events especially.
    • Raffle was great as usual the 100 farm thing into being able to do a daily is nice because it takes what I feel like is a fair amount of time and the rewards do feel somewhat fair. I personally did like 30 raffles total I would say and got 1 WS and quite a few chairs.
    • Resets are always nice and they were very easy to farm this event; this was made even more true by the party point system which was a great mechanic. Seeing people abuse this by creating 6 chars on 1 acc may have made it a bit too easy, but I feel like the good outweighs the bad in this situation.
    • The no snowman was great. I hate the events where you need to collect X amount and dump it somewhere and then everyone has to stop everything that they're doing to come to a map to engage in some event activity where you afk on the map or hold down a button for 5-15 minutes for some event currency.
    • The pendant was a nice addition and a thoughtful add, especially the part about it being an NX-style add on to your item.
    • Slightly unrelated, but pet loot for sweepers finally fixed which was huge for me being able to farm resets on attacker account with a sweeper mule.
    • EXP bonus for this event wasn't over-tuned like for the past few events. I don't think there's a meaningful difference for afk vs. non-afk at 5% to 7.5% of base 2x rates (2.5% differential).

What I disliked
    • Green socks 7 month expiration and giving 6 int. Too broken. Made white socks almost worthless this event; 2 ints in the past we've seen for 15-20 mil, but this event they were at 5-7.5m which is sad. Int is a stat that is normally very hard to get in the shoe slot so seeing the green sock with such a long expiration was a bit disappointing. I think the trade off of OP event equips should always come with the 3 month expiration tag.
    • Pink capes have become a meme item along with purple capes. I'd really like to see a rotation system come in for events. Maybe 1 event do the capes and the next event do some uncommon items that are only available in gach atm? Items like skis, topwear str 70%, bottomwear dex 70%, earring int 30%, bwgs, yellow markers, glove att 30's all come to mind as potential additions; I'm pretty sure all of these are gach only items so the raffle rate could be played with to make sure there's no huge economical impacts.
    • There wasn't really much to really do this event itself that felt new and engaging. Raffles were a repeat from last event. The Santa's quest was nice, but you didn't really have to do much to get the upgrade.
    • Still no fix to the hoards of people farming AP resets at low level maps spamming single target abilities. I think Kimmy mentioned this was a problem so I'm excited to see what kind of fix you guys end up coming up with.
    • Last one has to do with what's happening to WS and chaos prices. These have shot up astronomically. I know a lot of people comment saying they would like to see these items remain hard to acquire. They are already hard to acquire and it's only getting worse. Leech prices are consistently on a downward trend and bossing books are at historical lows for the server. Even the most effective meso making methods require you to put in about 5 hours for 1 WS when the price is at 150m. I would really not like to see it go above that 5 hour mark as it has been trending. WS atm right after an event (which is when availability is usually at highs) is @ 160m, which is up 15m from the start of the event when prices were at 145m.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:36 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I've only participated the level 70+ events, didnt try out the ones below level 70

Can't comment about santa's beginner gifts, I didn't play low level character at that time.
    Santa's special pendant is nice, and pretty pogg when washing and HP is considered. But thats about it.
    Wrapper Exchange rate was ok-ish i guess. I wanted socks (even if statless) but i got almost all the chairs instead.
    EXP Bonus was nice but, im sure its fine without it too.

However, the wrapper exchange made it feels like a daily dedication, and I hated that feeling.
    Other then wrappers, I didn't feel the need to participate any other parts of the event, and other den grinding on monsters, it felt there isnt anything else to do.
    Hence in my opinion, event wise, this is pretty horrible. Its like a halloween copycat, but without the other 2 rings to choose from.

The christmas point is excellent, cause it does not take up my etc space. I wish the present paper can stop hoggin my etc space too (or maybe just throw them in set-ups instead?)

Not too sure about the rates of AP resets (maybe its too easy for some with the party system?) but I'm happy that I was able to get my new hair, face, and sets, and still have leftover to choose something else.

Also, the emerald and ruby sets are really awesome.

About the face tho, not too sure whats the name of it, but F1 looks exactly like F2, and doesnt look like a smile to me. (Looks like the F4 from my previous face, which is from 2019 xmas)

If I were to give gradings:
    - Event: D => Due to lack of community gatherings (no snowman & npc?!?!), only raffle to do something on
    - NX Sets & Points: A+ => Good xmas points, great looking selection of NX sets, faces & hairs.

*But, doesn't snowman forces people to login 24/7 all the time for AP resets and raffles?*
    Yeah it does, but at least when I'm inside, its alot more fun den hunting present papers. And if I'm outside and I missed out the snowman, it cant be helped and I don't feel pressured to be online for it.
    But if CS/WS and other goodies are the concern, create a seperate raffle for it, and glitter it with some useful, but not highly wanted stuffs like snowboards, statless socks, maplemas weapons, etc (something similar to summer event's raffle, but without the conversion rate)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    - Santa's Beginner Gifts (< Level 70)
    N/A, didn't level a low level character during the event.
    - Santa's Special Pendant (Weekly Levelup Quest)
    It was pretty nice. Didn't take much effort to complete the task weekly for a pendant that (sadly) expires and has pretty good stats.
    - Wrapper Exchange (Raffle)
    The drop rate for the wrappers was pretty good at dreamy ghost. However, it seemed like the rate for white/chaos scrolls was decreased this time around, or maybe because the prize pool was so big. During the Halloween event, I got 3 chaos scrolls, but this time around all I got were socks, chairs, and way too many potions. I like the equips that were in the raffle since they're nice for memorys sake. I wish that the red and green socks still stuck around even after the date (by just removing the stats but keeping the sock perma). The level 30 pendant being made tradable is nice for a bit of stat for lower level characters.
    - Roodolph's Gifts Shop (Wrapping Boxes)
    The exchange shop was nice! The little snow fox pets are cute. Pretty good selection of hair/eyes. Wish that there were a name tag/chat ring in the shop though.
    - Exp Bonus + Bonus Exp for Active Attacking
    Training isn't a priority of mine but the more the merrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't have any previous Christmas event to compare this to but I enjoyed this event.

At first, I was pretty disappointed that the Snowman wasn't around because I'm a player that likes to collect a bunch of points and buy out the exchange shop/change hair/eyes multiple times. So I thought that without the snowman, I wouldn't be able to "leech" enough event currency for everything I wanted since I find grinding quite boring.

However, what made the even great for me was the 50 shared Christmas boxes per day. This encouraged partying and sharing maps and made the farming more social. It also allowed casual players to still farm points for items that they wanted from the exchange shop and allowed for hardcore players to grind points for AP resets.

In hindsight, I like that there was no Snowman because if there were, if would require players to be online at that specific time. I personally, do not like when events require someone to be online at a certain time. I really hope that this exchange currency drop mechanism is implemented in future events. Everybody benefits (casual and hardcore players) from the shared Christmas boxes! It was especially refreshing to have this shared drop mechanism after the Halloween event which was solo grinding only for points.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    no ones gonna mention secret santa presents? 100/10 addition

Overall, I enjoyed all aspects of the event. I'm a fan of keeping things simple and not overwhelming, and I felt that this event fit the bill. I did daily wrappers by playing my character and it didn't feel like a burden at all (7F, memory lane 5, cornian HT etc farming) because I had other reasons to farm at those maps anyways. Seemed like the legendary tier item rate was lower compared to halloween, but I thought that it was pretty reasonable considering that the raffle was open to everyone 70+, and you didn't have to put too much effort into getting an entry in. Many of the non legendary items still felt rewarding (green mittens, socks, chairs) and still had some value.

Without any active farming, I was able to gain about ~1000 of those Christmas box points. I felt like there wasn't much to choose from in the gift shop because I wasn't too interested in cosmetics or AP resets. It would've been nice to have some NX consumables in there as well (tele rocks, charms, owls, etc), and I hope that's something that could be considered for the next event. Prices looked pretty fair imo considering that you could farm points in a party, which was a nice touch.

I didn't miss snowman at all. In past events, I always felt burdened to go to snowman-esque events, and it usually ended up becoming dead content to me. Happy to see that it didn't make an appearance this year.

Most of the event was spent grinding for me. Reached my goal level with the power of 15% bonus exp, so no complaints there :)

Overall, I found this event to be solid, but probably not as great as the halloween event. I really liked the format of a "choose your own adventure" kind of event that halloween offered.

also while I have staff attention, what if we made horntail drop white scrolls haha o__________O

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Events
    Santa's Beginner Gifts (< Level 70)
    I think the levels were spread a bit too far apart, 10 levels from 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, then to 70 were too much for an islander, if its offland leech could be bought for gains.

Santa's Special Pendant (Weekly Levelup Quest)

This was fine, didn't really use it much myself but its great for the ones that got to benefit from it.

Wrapper Exchange (Raffle)

Wrappers.. I'm not really sure what to really say about this.. it was like pumpkins thats for sure.. and pumpkins weren't that great for me XD although I've seen people get pretty poggers rewards was nice to see. (Elixirs, Maplemas Ham, etc.)

Roodolph's Gifts Shop (Wrapping Boxes)

This, this was great for guild events, nice touch on using these for White Elephant Christmas Guild Event Christy :D

Exp Bonus + Bonus Exp for Active Attacking

The extra EXP was nice for buying leech, but for solo training it was sort of.. hard to find a map.

Exchange Rewards
    NX Sets, Single Cosmetics, Pets, Hair / Face Coupons
    I mainly focused on AP Resets however I did get some hair/eye coupons, 1 pet for each account (except my Islander.)

Event Drops
    Christmas Points and its drop rate / strategies as well as the newly introduced Party Christmas Points system
    The point system was kinda harsh on lower levels to be honest.. (Onlanders)

Questions If You're Stuck (I'm still going to answer these)
    How did you feel about the level limits of the event this year?
    It could be a bit more rewarding for newer players for Wrappers, pretty sure that they would also want to get into the fun for some RNG rewards. (Elixirs, Maplemas Ham, etc.)

Did you miss the Snowman from previous years Christmas Events? Would you like to see Snowman make a return? (Snowman works very similarly to Puff Daddy and the Maple Tree for those who are unfamiliar).
    I was looking forward to getting mittens from the event, but there wasn't a Snowman Boss to fight.. (I wasn't here in this server to see how things were.)

If you participated in the beginner event (Santa's Beginner Awards), how did you feel about it and its exchange rates for items?

There needs to be better rewards that Islanders can obtain.

What were your thoughts on the Christmas Points system and the party points system?

It adds in party play, but for around the same level.. kind of a turn off for newer players that want to get in on the fun. (Some people went to HHG2 because 'Punch or Thwak')

What items did you exchange your points for, and why? Did you feel the price was fair?

AP Resets, Event Hair and Eyes, Pets. Prices were the same as the other events except for the pets. 35 > 75.

What are some things you'd like to be improved for next year?

Obtainable Fork/Mittens, to suit Islanders.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bitty6501

Bitty6501 Red Snail

Dec 3, 2020
    Male
    5:36 AM
    Bitty6501
    im still very new overall and only have 1 character and well below 70, and maybe im just playing it way to casually but it felt like every 10 levels was stretched pretty far. maybe every 5 levels would be a better incentive, even if the 5th level is a moderate prize where as the 10th level is the antler scrolls or something along those lines

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:36 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed, there's too much content below lvl 70 to expect to rush through that in the span of one event. I'd rather have it tied to collecting the presents e.g. instead of reaching lvl 70 you get the final reward when you collected 1000 presents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I will take the viewpoint of an Islander trying to do the event;
    (if more interested about islanders interests from 2021 onwards https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/comprehensive-qol-suggestions-for-islanders.36673/, referenced as [1] in the post)

• Events
      • Santa's Beginner Gifts (< Level 70)
        It was an interesting idea to add advancing hats for each lvl 10, of course as an islander the idea of doing 10 LVLs is hard... especially when talking about lvl 50 to 70, but that's still ok and a fair reward for beginners ;)
        Couldn't do LVL 70+ so its restricting on low lvl islanders (especially getting to lvl 70+ requires a good amount of time)
        Couldn't do LVL 70+ so its restricting on low lvl islanders (especially getting to lvl 70+ requires a good amount of time)
        Unsure about what this was.
        Nice exp bonus for killing those pigs [​IMG]
    • Exchange Awards
      • Christmas Points
          Cosmetics, Pets and NX Sets were pretty nice, but, as said on my post [1] Islanders would like in the future to be able to get Hair and Faces from the Event (either added to the Mai Quest or the Parlor and Surgeon are added in the specific Event Maps)
    • Event Drops
      • Christmas Points and its drop rate / strategies as well as the newly introduced Party Christmas Points system
        The newly introduced Party Points System is legit god-sent... finally islanders can gather up together and farm mobs for events without having to get de-attached in various CCs, the drop rate was fine, for an islander the amount of points you can rack up by smashing pigs for 50 hours is retarded... but yet again those points were only for Cosmetics / AP resets, which is fine for what it is.

Please always de-attach points for Raffles and Cosmetics if possible (different point systems make it possible to nerf rates and not cosmetics or AP Reset grinding)
        It was fair for offlanders (any lvl range) but for islanders it would have been a little more de-motivating (when you're lvl 50+) because it would take insane amounts of hours to do 10x LVLs from 50+.
        For example, with an efficient 70k EPH at Pigs at lvl 50 it would take 350hours (14 days nonstop) of bashing pigs to get to lvl 70.
      • Did you miss the Snowman from previous years Christmas Events? Would you like to see Snowman make a return? (Snowman works very similarly to Puff Daddy and the Maple Tree for those who are unfamiliar).
        No thanks, Snowman, Puff Daddy and Maple Tree are obnoxious event-style which makes you drop everything you've been doing to wait around / bash into some bosses
      • If you participated in the beginner event (Santa's Beginner Awards), how did you feel about it and its exchange rates for items?
        Sadly I wasn't able of reaching LVL 40 before the end of the event, but the reindeer hat was appreciated especially the 20wdef) which enables me to almost not even wear equips anymore, just NX covers.
        I would guessed that, maybe at lvl 40 or lvl 50 there would have been scrolls to upgrade the hat with more stats (main stats or maybe HP/MP) which is nice and dandy.
      • What were your thoughts on the Christmas Points system and the party points system?
        As written above
      • What items did you exchange your points for, and why? Did you feel the price was fair?
        I mainly got some NX Sets and Cosmetics, their prices were fair in regards to the drop rate of the Points.
        I hope that, by next year some of the suggestions and roadmaps we islanders would love to see during 2021 will be implemented and/or discussed, such that we can be part of the future events even more, as seen in post [1].
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I liked this event a lot, but I felt like I didn't really get to do the gift wrap exchange. I didn't really train at any 100+ mobs during the event since I was level 110-124 or so. Therefore I only got to complete it twice. It was especially frustrating being in a party with somebody who got the presents dropped from the mobs (Gallopera) but I couldn't get them.

I liked the NX pendant thing. That was really cool and felt like a nice reward. I also really liked how green and red socks were handled this year.

Xmas gift drop rate seemed kinda bad on mage. I ended up just farming these on my permabeginner since they dropped much more often on that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:36 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Events
    Santa's Special Pendant (Weekly Levelup Quest)
    Interesting, nothing much to comment on really. Nice pendant with a nice nice hp and stats bonus. Though it only last 1 more month after event, 1 more further month would be nice, but its fine.
    Nice to see NX item with being used this time, means we are open to future event rings as NX instead of actual ring, which means more rings slots. (whisper it, quest ring is coming)

Wrapper Exchange (Raffle)
    Same as helloween. Nice.

Roodolph's Gifts Shop (Wrapping Boxes)
    Really interesting item and really really fun. Facilitated some cute trash gift exchange between guildies.

Exp Bonus + Bonus Exp for Active Attacking
    Any exp bonus is nice really, isn't really that concerned with active/inactive part. Leech still got to leech.

Exchange Awards

Christmas Points
    Pretty nice rate for everything, though I feel the face/hair seems a tad more ex compare to the NX clothes, but it still okay over all.
    The party farming for the christmas point is really nice that it is almost 50 "free" points a day. 6 days for a "free" 5x AP resets. Nice Nice.

I think it is fine for people to hoard together in a few maps and spam single target ability for whatever reasons. This concentrates the locations to help us form party quickly and complete the party points each day in a reasonable amount of time. Can't imagine if spreading the locations according to levels out will help anyone in anyway.

Raffle Rewards
    Yes raffle rewards, which is uiltmately the only thing most people care about.
    The nature of the ecomony has again turned this into a WS/CS or bust type of raffling, and sadly I got neither of them this time.
    Maybe BWG, yellow markers, gfa30, gfma30, should be introduced especially with the soaring demand of those items in the market. Purple capes are really just meme item now. Thankfully they are removed from the item smega this time, maybe should consider removing them from gacha item smega in general, or just fix the item somewhere (make new purple capes 8 slots?).

Also. Receiving elixir/PE/cake/ham 7 days in a row is really not fun at all, it is just frustrating. Maybe things like Guava/Tree Ornmant that actually works/Heartstopper, should be more of a staple. It is those items that you can go "meh, but still usable", instead of just utter trashhh.

Did you miss the Snowman from previous years Christmas Events?
    I dont mind to see a daily/twice a day type of snow man, which will replace the once a day 100 paper raffle system.
    As long as it is not like every 1-2 hr like last time, and you need to take part in them for raffles. I think it is good to make a comeback in some shape or form.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    10:36 AM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    My only point is the present point rewards, great if your washing but if you not? I have every outfit and pet as I have nothing else to spend it on. Washing is optional remember? Even if I got meso for it I would be happier!

Apart from that everything else was really good!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    I only got elixirs so idk f3

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    • Events
        Loved this, it was fun acting as Santa and going around to deliver presents to NPCs. Anything to reduce HP washing dependency is welcome.
        This was probably my least favourite aspect of the event. This is all anecdotal but the rewards felt very lacking this time around. The pool of rewards was very large, and my friends and I were getting multiple copies of useless things. There are so many consumables like the Ham, Cupcake, and elixirs, all giving various amount of healing. Doing the raffle became a meme of getting your daily elixirs, because people were actually only getting elixirs and ham. I think it'd be much better if the healing consumable reward were just one type with a bigger stack size (ie. 150 Maplemas Hams). The Tree Ornaments were literally unusable too because Coke Pills are better. The false description should have been fixed immediately, as some people were unaware of the mistake and were unknowingly using inferior attack pots.

If it were an option, I'd prefer to do the raffle once per week for a smaller and better pool of rewards than every day. Having something to do every day is nice too but please make the rewards less useless.
        I liked this aspect because it appeals to both sweaty and casual gameplay. Sweaty AP reset farmers had a way to drastically reduce the time they needed to vote for, and casual players could still get all the cosmetics they wanted quite easily. The 50 bonus boxes system is a great way to encourage party play.
        Active Attacking checks are great. Anything to reduce leeching dependency is welcome.

Unrelated to the event but it'd be nice if the Active Attacking check could be applied to modulate the drop rate of summons, like Phoenix or Bahamut, to avoid punishing players that aren't AFK farming. Sometimes I feel like there's no point in using Phoenix as I'm actively farming for an item since I know the drop rate is nerfed.
    • Exchange Awards
      • Christmas Points
          They were great! Thank you for the hard work!!
    • Event Drops
        Drop rate seemed fair. 6 person parties obviously felt very powerful. 50/50 would only take ~15 minutes. However, parties of 2 or 3 felt very slow. If there was a way to improve the experience of parties of 2 or 3 a little bit without affecting 6 person parties, that'd be great.
        Felt perfect! Cornians were a crowd favourite and made doing the HT pre-quest more rewarding.
        I did miss Snowman a little bit. I think a less frequent Snowman would be better so that the last days of the event aren't spammed with Snowmen every 10 minutes. Adjust the required snow pieces to make 1 Snowman summon every 2-3 days and improve the rewards a little. That might make it feel more meaningful and special, like a GM event, but community spawned. If GM buffs and events happened every day, they'd probably lose their charm too, just like the Snowman.

Skipping some questions because I've answered them already.
        A better raffle system. The Halloween event felt a bit too powerful, and this Christmas event felt too lackluster. Somewhere in-between would be good.

Less but more meaningful rewards, less trash like Tree Ornaments, 0 stat socks, 10 Cupcakes, Muffler/Cactus/Trees (lower the rates of these, increase the rate of 150 Maplemas Hams)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    All in all, it's a good event, but it felt like Halloween Part 2 to me. The event style is a grinder's delight without much else to do during the event that we dont already do. Coming off of Halloween's version, it felt like more of the same, now with lower raffle rates due to lower barrier of entry (no need to sacrifice exp/dmg for it).

Snowman and friends have their issues; namely the FOMO of having to be online and participating at all times of day to maximize reward due to a high opportunity cost. However, these in-game community style events are what makes Legends feel alive to me. I can grind anytime during the year, but the events serve as a chance to do something different for a bit. While Halloween represented a break from the "usual" event style, this event felt quite a bit lonelier and quieter for such a "big" event time.

Most of the complaints with these type of features are from well-established players who would rather be spending their time grinding 7f, or selling multi-mage leech or fighting Horntail for the millionth time. To established players, the event is a time to optimize farm currency, make money, and get exp. It does this job well. But if this were my first event or even my first Christmas event, it would not showcase the best part of Legends; its community. Are snowman and friends the answer? Maybe not, but they at least brought the community together.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. cypepsi

cypepsi Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    DIamondback
    Wrappers were just annoying.
    I was digging Meso in that time (Farming Gacha/Gold Tooth) - leveling slow and saving NX to wash.
    Wrapper farming not only ruined my Plan (+50% per Day up to a Level)
    it also just feeld like a Reg Gacha Coupon.
    Way to time consuming, to much reliant on Randomness for it.
    So it was for me after ~10 Raffles just not worth the effort anymore.
    The other Parts were way better. (Present Quest - Pendant)
    ~~ Keep up the good work but dont make me the Slave of a daily :3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AlexSF

AlexSF Red Snail

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    GoodOld2004
    Magician
    Negative: Raffle rewards was a HUGE disappointment. Never missed a day and barely got anything worth the time. Those elixers (and other pots) is a slap on the face when u get it over and over and over. this was all my friends and guildies felt the same.

Positive: The party present point hunt was fun. Great at teaming and meeting new people. I hope we get something similar for next event.

• Agree Agree x 8