1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Constant DCs and clients freezing

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by amyl, May 25, 2020.

1. amyl

amyl Blue Snail

Mar 27, 2020
    2:08 AM
    Hi there!

I'm a MAC user and I've been having a lot of issues with DCing and clients freezing. After the client freezes, I have to force quit then am unable to start the app again even after refreshing wrapper. I have to restart my mac to get it running again.

Before the update in early May, I would sometimes have issues with the client not opening so I followed the "[IF You're on Mac OS 10.7 or Older]" in the MAC installation guide and that worked perfectly for me. I never DC'ed or froze up after changing the engine. I tried this on the new updated client, with both 2.22 and 1.4.1, and got a bunch of error messages attached below, then I can't open the client again after that, even if I refresh wrapper and restart my mac. I had to remove the app and redownload the whole client again.

I tried using Xquartz as well and the client just does not open when I do that.

It's really hard for me to sell leech or participate in events because I keep DCing so I'm wondering if there's anything else I can try to stop the freezing D: please let me know what these error messages mean, and if I would be able to change to the older engine again (which worked in the past).

Thank you so much for all your hard work <3

upload_2020-5-25_11-56-54.png

2. Dumpling

Dumpling Slime

Jun 6, 2017
    2:08 PM
    Dumpling
    Beginner
    Bump!
    Having the same issue with the summer patch

3. ItsJassy

ItsJassy Mano

Sep 5, 2019
    Female
    9:08 AM
    F/P Mage
    -
    Bump! Having the same issue, plz help!

4. The_Papes

The_Papes Snail

Aug 7, 2020
    Male
    2:08 AM
    Papes
    Assassin
    Hi there, I am a Mac user too. I was experiencing the exact same issues as you after this update, down to the exact same errors you posted in the exact same order. My 2.2.2 would not transfer. However, I kept following the directions in the MAC help thread you referenced (despite these errors), and once I copy/pasted my MapleLegends and deleted all my older copies of MapleLegends like Nise suggests, I was able to repeat those steps on the copied client and my 2.2.2 did transfer.

I have since been able to play MapleLegends with absolutely no issues with freezes or disconnects EXCEPT WHEN I try to do EPQ, the instant the boss is summoned my client freezes without fail. I have since reinstalled and repeated the same steps as before, and was able to get MapleLegends working a second time, but the problem with EPQ persists. However if you're just looking to play in general I hope my take helps.

5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:08 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    EPQ fix is here.

Regarding the other Mac issues in this thread, I'm actually not sure how to fix them since I don't run into the issue. I'll try to replicate it on my end.