1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dexless HERO question

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by YusePriest, May 1, 2021.

1. YusePriest

YusePriest Blue Snail

Apr 19, 2021
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Hi,
    so i decided to make a hero. thinking about dexless. why is everyone say ST is the best weapon for hero? can 1h sword and shield also work? more speed with the same attack stat seems great to me. also the shield allow for extra scrolls. guess my question is , why everyone says that ST is the best?
    Dragon Carabella looks like the same stats only i can equip a shield aswell.
    please help me see what im missing.
    thank you.

P.S can anyone recommend good equip for dexless warrior?

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:53 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Because of weapon multiplier constant.
    Nise's Formula Compilation | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory

There's no single option like 'best for every situation, beats all others in every situations'.
    In some condition, 2h wins. in another, 1h wins. same logic on ST/NT1h/Claymore/Carabella.

For your understanding - ST is a bit odd weapon that has 2h multiplier with 1h speed, but also have required DEX penalty and weaker WATK compared with higher lvl 2h sword. I can't say ST is the best on every comparison. It's also just nothing but one of an option that has pros and cons.

3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:53 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    No, ST is not the best weapon for any situation. its a good weapon to adapt to most situations - for those who don't wanna carry more than a sword.

Without SI, without apple - NT 1h sword + shield is the best weapon.

Without SI, with apple - Stonetooth is the best weapon

With SI, with or without apple - claymore/NT 2h/reverse 2h/timeless 2h is the best weapon

this is due to how attack speed and damage multiplier works.

For dexless warrior - consider a red katana/sparta or dragon carabella with at least 14wa shield of any kind (stolen fence/maple warrior shield/random warrior shield are all ok) for non SI situation, and a cheap 122 or above claymore for SI situation (likely 35m or above)

during lvl 70, red katana of anykind without shield will be good for grinding. u may consider getting one at this point.

the claymore will most likely be cheaper than the 1h + shield combo, so aim for that first, esp if u have a bucc friend

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:53 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I suggest going for dragon claymore because it is super cheap and requires no dex. Then, you can slowly build your funds to transition to a stone tooth or 1h NT sword over time (as these weapons are not only more expensive than claymore, but also require expensive dex equips)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Knighthatzi

Knighthatzi Slime

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Melbourne, Australia
    11:53 PM
    HatziS
    Bishop
    As a dexless hero i can try and help, i run a claymore. Simple reason is I made it myself so i saved, but on top of that another downfall of 1h is that good shields are few and far between in FM so chances are you will not only have to scroll a weapon but will also need to scroll a shield, as for the ST, the attack speed is it major factor win, makes you not need Speed infusion and it looks really cool but its all about preference.

There are enough equips to make up the dex needed to equip it but i dont even have 100 dex with all my equips so as someone said, get what you can afford and if you wanna upgrade do it when you can

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    YusePriest

YusePriest Blue Snail

Apr 19, 2021
    Male
    Thank you all for the helpful information. it been a great help! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. jinzheng32

jinzheng32 Red Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    Male
    Pepegahero
    Warrior, Hero, Cleric
    Beaters
    I started at 40 dex and as I progressed I lowered my dex to 4 while wearing ST. 100% doeable. (this is using a chaosed mon and I don't have Halloween rings) Use the green lucida equips to help yourself max min.

upload_2021-5-2_15-34-31.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:53 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Need more Night Raven's Wing users

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1402049

5 less attack but 25 less dex is needed, so overall it's like a 2 attack difference from Stonetooth if stat sacrifices must be made. It's possible to slowly transition to from neat darkness sword to Stonetooth as you get more dex gear.