1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix Taiwan.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thewayman, Jul 21, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:30 PM
    DMsRebirth
    CDs are also worse than pre-nerf mannies.

2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:30 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Are there numbers to explain why CDs are broken? Just saying they're broken isn't a very convincing argument.

Balancing is done with numbers and how they fit into a bigger picture of the game, and when it isn't then it's just a big guessing game as to what will happen. Then people will probably clown us for for deciding to just play whack-a-mole with buffs and nerfs that weren't well thought out. :poop::poop::poop:

If they are broken I'd like to see numbers to explain it.

3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:30 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    :poop:so:poop: kinda :poop:like:poop: when :poop:the:poop: NL:poop: crits:poop: were:poop: nerfed:poop: then:poop: reverted?:poop:

agreed. LETS SEE THE NUMBERS! SOMEONE DO THE MATH!

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There needs to be a balance of qualitative and quantitative analysis. Generally, numbers are the backbone and provide a solid rationale behind any proposed changes - as quality can easily correlate to numbers in a numbers-based game. However, there are unforeseen qualitative nuances that impact the rest of the game, like the aforementioned changes to NL crit. That’s what makes balance so hard. It’s not as simple as adjusting mob count, exp, or drop rates, as tweaking one thing could spring a leak elsewhere.

5. OP
    OP
    thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    5:30 PM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    I still think people miss the point completely still, never once did I say CD's was bad because it encourage party play infact that is great.
    Secondly, no one should get to 100 from 70 in 1 day. If you like that then yikes, why don't you go play GMS and get 200 in a day or some crap.
    Third, having 4 mannie maps let's players actually get a map, quite different situation. CD's is more broken than mannies AGAIN re-read what I said before posting.
    Fourth, if you guys like afk farming cd's that much and complain mannies was just as braindead you realize you are saying the SAME thing about mannies as you are about CD's because you are doing THE SAME thing as you are doing at mannies if not worse haha... I just don't see where the disconnect is, is it the fact you just like change and will always go to a new spot because you already farmed mannies for 50 levels and got 1b meso???? I am not sure but until you read what I write it would help to think about what I am saying. I actually agreed with what many people have said here...

The issue still remains : FIX TAIWAN. THXs

Someone already did the math, please read before posting :).

6. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:30 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I think people have impressions that CDs are OP because they can shadow clone jutsu and make 3 of themselves after they sudokued.

7. OP
    OP
    thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    Also my suggestion FOR REAL this time, I was watching this guy play TMS, they have a new server and they are farming CD's, but the exp is only like 400 (maybe?) or so. This makes me wonder why the exp is so flipping high on ML??? The original exp of these mobs was NOT close to what they are here in ML. I suggest nerfing the exp flat out on ALL taiwan mobs to 450 base. Making the mobs give 900. WHICH IS REALLY GOOD STILL compared to other spots. As for meso, do what you think is right. Nerf the overall exp of all other mobs as well. RESTORING AUTO AGGRO.

Because this guy that is streaming the TMS server is getting mad exp, and this is with out HS, and with extreme nerfed exp rates. He gets 100-200 per kill but gets amazing exp at 75.

Let us establish something:

Taiwan should be a place for meso and exp levels 7x-8x (maybe 9x if you really want but other places exist).
    This should't be the best place to 120. Because at this point it really is. I mean with DK roar and HS you can get epm close to himes TBH.
    Why... that is all I ask is why are we supporting such a easy camp to 100? and you can even go to 120 here if you want.
    FIX TAIWAN!!!!

EDIT:(I suggest 350 personally but I know kids would just rage or 400 per kill considering they morph into 20 different CD's).

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If your suggestion is to effectively nerf the exp at CDs by 50%, you're saying CDs should be at most 3.5-4m eph. Why would anybody continue to party grind at CDs instead of the solo-grind alternatives like Vikerolas, Galloperas, or DGP? The changes you propose will only move the meta outside of a party-grind map into smaller solo-grind maps for the higher eph.

20 hours to level from 70-100 is not excessive. If you have some weird disdain for efficient grinding, perhaps kill your character a few times every level for the added fun/challenge/nostalgia, or just don't grind at CDs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    That's still just all conjecture and opinion. Why is 7-8mil exp/hr broken when you can leech close to that much at level 75? Why is Taiwan specifically broken when a CB can get 20mil exp/hr at like level 80? Why is Taiwan specifically broken when a F/P can get 50mil+ exp/hr also at level 80?

A spot can finally perform about as well as leech and it's considered broken? Where are those forum anti-mage crusaders to defend decent spots? Personally I'd rather have training spots perform about as well as leech because I think that leeching is a bad game mechanic as long as it's the optimal way to play. I don't want to butt my way in and tell some of the only people who are playing the game the way it was intended to be played that they're getting too much and therefore needs a nerf. It would be genuinely hypocritical of me, knowing exactly what is broken and badly designed to go ahead and kill relatively balanced content while ignoring the slew of busted content elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:30 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    A link or perhaps more context as to what year the streamer played, which version, which server would help a lot. From what I know, our data was properly extracted from the original TMS version. It's possible exp was changed down the line, but nothing was touched (intentionally at least) regarding the EXP of Taiwan mobs.

11. Difference

Difference Red Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Male
    Difference
    Beginner
    Lots of chatter here about 70-100 for cds, but my group came here early 60s and didn't leave till late 120s. Cds is pretty much the best map until you can duo with a mage at skeles or shaolin

12. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Was there a reason you didn't try other maps? (asking out of curiosity)

13. Difference

Difference Red Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Male
    Difference
    Beginner
    We tried vikes, gallos, himes, prob other places I'm forgetting. You just can't beat the exp at CDs if you have a dk in your party. Also the mesos you get is insane, I think we tested 8m per hour after npcing equips without meso up and not counting the huge gacha rate. Farming cds to 4th job is basically a requirement to fund your gear

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IIRC the meso drop was changed/fixed with the latest map buffs. Originally, only one of the main mobs dropped mesos instead of all of the subsequent spawns.
    Not saying it should be nerfed, but 8m/hr without Meso Up for a lvl 60+ is insane. If anything, alternative party grind spots like gobies should be buffed again to incentivize a diversity of viable maps.

15. OP
    OP
    thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight

Enough said. I think we all realize how broken CD's is now, I am done talking on this post, feel free to do what you guys want it's your server in the end.

16. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm still looking for a link to the stream you mentioned T-T

17. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    Not everyone can hit CDs at lv60 & the EXP/Hr depends on your gear . Not everyone at lv60 can do 8m EXP/Hr
    However there are Accuracy consumable such as Amorian Basket & Candy ETC (Still need some Dmg for crazy good EXP)
    Also you can't hold map until Lv66 , can't gain Party EXP till minimum 67

Personally I think the EXP is fine ? Only class that have advantage over other is DK
    The Meso might need some tweaking though , instead of a training place for 3rd Job , it's becoming a Meso farming Spot

18. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:30 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    The fun thing that in the 3-4 years that mannequins was there with its mechanics, no one said anything about it. i ve always saw a lot of 100-140 people farming there for mesos and there werent any problem with that. and well some ppl went big brain and realized they can summon-afk farm there and then ppl started to talk about how the map was actually broken.

Realizing the fact that some ppl suggested a better solution instead of taking the autoaggro of manequins like nerfing the drop rate of the summons, that option wasnt took in account in that time and they did this nerf that actually is on this map. We have this statement now. Heartstopper afk farming with summon was found indeed broken and they finally nerfed the summons cause of this. (Same solution what was being talk in the balance feedback post regarding the mannequins).

When I point to this. if the afk summon farming its now nerfed. why not make the mannequins come back? will it be really "Broken" still?. Honestly if you re worried that the ppl from 65-90 would level too fast. you still hold the fact that ppl will still take long to end the game cause of the wash, that is still time-consuming for a players, makes the levels means actually nothing (and the fact that mostly range classes cause on this has a child-toy damage because of this fact.). actually the server has a increase on players and i feel like you guys were balancing the server acordling on that. even if this increase its temporal (Also we all know its temporal), i really think that making those map viable again would give this new players some other options to play the game instead of visiting the actual viable maps and find all of them full. its kinda dumb to me honestly to find half on the server sniping CDs (Even the GS1 map) cause the insane quantity of ppl arround. Honestly i ve never saw until now actually CDs being a leech spot and ppl sell there.

Scroll market and Book market its dropping everyday. now the leech seems the most viable way to make meso now. think about the ppl that doesnt like to leech. we actually need another way to balance this. so think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    *Looks at Nependeaths* You hear that! You're abusive, you damn plants! NOW GIVE ME MY HONEY!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Poke.

Poke. Red Snail

Oct 17, 2018
    Could we also perhaps look to buffing other regions of Taiwan like the Night Market?

• Like Like x 1