1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved (Windows) Game is laggy

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by tinytot13, Oct 13, 2022.

1. tinytot13

tinytot13 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2022
    Female
    5:02 AM
    Hi, I am sorry to bother you.
    I was just wondering what could cause the game to become so laggy?
    I started having this issue today.
    I tried vpn but the issue persists.
    Other games and the internet runs smoothly.

2. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    8:02 AM
    In what way is it lagging? Are you getting a bad frame rate/game entirely frozen or are monsters/other players standing still when they should be moving?

If you can, take a video of what's happening on screen and post that here. It might make it a bit more obvious what's going wrong.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    9:02 AM
    Beginner
    I had some bad lag last night, it went away though.

4. OP
    OP
    tinytot13

tinytot13 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2022
    Female
    It is a constant bad frame rate. It used to run very smoothly.
    I hope this video helps. xD
    I know it is not finished processing so may haveto download to view.

5. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Oof, that is an awful framerate. Shouldn't be network related.

Do you have anything else running? If you open task manager are any resources maxing out? If yes, can you sort by that resource to find out what's using it all up?
    Does this happen from the instant you log in or does it happen after a while of playing?
    What are the specs of your computer?

Have you tried anything already to resolve this? Restarting your computer, for example, might be all it needs.

6. OP
    OP
    tinytot13

tinytot13 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2022
    Female
    No, maplelegends is the process taking up the most room at 25%. :c I do not think it could be problem with computer specs since it had worked perfectly just yesterday? :c It happens the moment I log on, even during the log in screen.
    I restarted computer and reinstalled the game.
    I tried Maple Royals for comparison and it runs as smoothly as Legends did before, but I love this server so much more. XD <3

7. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Yeah, probably not the specs, then. Weird it's happening for legends and not another server. They'd be a similar load.

Do you have the game running in any compatibility mode? Sometimes they can cause weird problems like this (but can also solve other issues)

Have you updated anything else since it was last working? Graphics drivers or anything like that?

I think if the answer to both of these is no, I'm probably giving up and leaving this for staff/client developers as I am out of ideas.

8. OP
    OP
    tinytot13

tinytot13 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2022
    Female
    The only thing different is Windows 10 updated yesterday. :c

9. Muuhuh

Muuhuh Snail

Sep 13, 2022
    Muuh
    I am having exactly the same problem where it starts to lag so bad from before the log in page and when I log in.
    Tried closing apps down, restarting my computer and reinstalling the game with no help :(
    I also updated to Windows 10 a few days ago but the problem occurred today.

10. GramStain

GramStain King Slime

Apr 27, 2018
    4:02 AM
    Gonorrhea
    Warrior
    Experiencing something similar with the new patch. Everything is choppy.

11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    1:02 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm running on Windows 11 and it seems to be okay. Hmm... are you guys are all on Windows 10?

12. chaostofu

chaostofu Blue Snail

Oct 2, 2021
    3:02 AM
    Mikomin
    Cleric
    Windows 10 as well. Game was still smooth last night but that same choppiness today, I tried a full re-installation as well and it persists, funnily enough I cleaned out the MapleLegends installation folder completely and updated Windows before installing it again :p

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Still blaming it on hardware/Windows 10 issues right now because i have tried troubleshooting with few people to revert to pre-patch files and even than it still happened. I don't know what Windows 10 messed with this time unfortunately.

14. GOOLB

GOOLB Snail

Oct 15, 2022
    kingthic
    Beginner
    Yeah the game is still pretty unplayable. hoping this is fixed at some point

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
  16. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:47 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    My game has been like this since March-May last year. I’m also on Windows 10. Frame rate is fine with other Private servers.

However, the frame rate has actually improved somewhat since the Oct 9 patch....

Edit: Nevermind, tried playing yesterday and it's worse than ever before.

17. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Just adding in my two cents that this is happening to me too, also on Windows 10. My last update is dated 10/4 and seems to be this update.
    I didn't even bother getting past the login screen because the frame rate was so low...
    ML was the only thing running (as if my PC could handle more than one instance of ML at a time sob MapleF18).

Edit: Thinking about it now, I definitely logged on after the maintenance on 10/9, so now I'm a little lost at what could be causing it? SlimeCry

18. corruptcreme

corruptcreme Snail

Jul 21, 2022
    Female
    wildwildwest
    Dark Knight
    Eternals
    Yesterday the FPS for my game dropped to 5 out of nowhere. I haven't had any updates to Windows 10 since September 22. I still have the same issue today and it's bumming me out D: I log on practically everyday and I made sure I had the latest udate for ML. Hope this gets figured out!

19. mikuu

mikuu Blue Snail

Dec 6, 2021
    Female
    4:02 PM
    mlku
    Thief
    I also hv same issue, ytd still running smooth n i didnt do any update or any upgrade wif my laptop, the game laggy cnt even normal play.....

20. mikuu

mikuu Blue Snail

Dec 6, 2021
    Female
    4:02 PM
    mlku
    Thief