1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Halloween 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:38 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    All the flavours and a bucc and pally is still salty.

If nothing was changed, you'd be complaining here either way. If more buffs were given, you'd still be complaining here either way.

Damn...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    wdym, all i see is one complaining pally, the rest seem pretty happy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Coincidences

Coincidences Mano

Jun 2, 2018
    Male
    Memento
    Buccaneer
    Vengeance
    Well realistically, I doubt that buccs will ever be "good" at damage given the reluctance to give us more damage. That's just not our role for in the first place apparently as a support (even though I DO want better damage for us).

And if that is the case I don't see why having consistency is a bad thing in itself, though I do agree other areas need more attention. It's more a question of how do we begin to reward better skill.
    Will having better "skill" make a really significant change in dpm? If not, why not make the job easier for us to do consistent damage? Even if the bubble does makes us have "permanent" stance, I don't see why not honestly when the warriors do have stance of their own. The attack bonus really isn't much if you use a cider... which you should be using. I think overall, maybe having charge needs to be more rewarding in itself other than stance say maybe a stackable 5wa or something when proc'd.

Some part of me feels like SI is more a burden than anything and should be made a self buff. It's just not a universally appreciated buff like SE. It doesn't help that NT 1H now creates less of a reliance on SI. Other than that, only Drks, Marksmen and Corsairs would appreciate it with mages out of the picture and well... two of the classes are comparatively rarer when looking at the general population of players as a whole (though I know people who main those classes will come at us with pitchforks). To say we're a support class outside of TL is weird as well, because we'd much prefer an archer who does "support" better or rather supplementing damage.

Nevertheless I do appreciate the 5% mastery, that was an interesting change. I just don't see how having more uptime on the bubble is worse either. When it comes to cleaving at CWK, we still gotta somersault kick albeit for short period of time so I guess 50% on bosses is nice if it works on them? Will have to wait to see on the full effect of these bubble changes though to know how much it affects the uptime.

Just my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    10:38 AM
    Woulda preferred 90 seconds of smoke every 10 mins instead of 45 secs every 5, that'd make it easier to go pee mid-HT body.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    For those thinking that a mastery improvement doesn't really translate to a DPM increase, the way minimum damage works is that it factors in mastery, so there should be an overall DPM increase.

[​IMG]

I won't be including this in the main post, because there's just so many different skill combos, which changes how the chart looks. Credits to jootajoota for the chart btw~

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:38 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I love the Bucc buffs, and I appreciate what we got a lot. I wanted to suggest one small thing, a small adjustment to the charge rate on bosses. What if instead of x1.5 we got x2? I made a table with how it would be:
    tabla.PNG
    The table shows how many of each combo or skill you need to use in order to get fully charged, and the number at the end shows how many targets you are hitting.
    Now for more context, I'll tell you the speed of your attacks in casts per minute:
    Barrage+Dragon combo: 20 combos + 1 barrage
    Snatch spam: 75 times
    Demolition spam: 30 times

And now I will show the number of mobs that you will be hitting in bosses:
    4 Targets:
    HT only when the wings are up (all barrages go to the wings and the arm tends to go lower and avoiding your dragon strikes at times)
    Zakum arms on the bottom on a specific spot (You hit more often 3 arms rather than 3)
    Snatch is only viable if you at times hit 4 parts in HT in other bosses seems useless.
    3 Targets:
    CWKPQ when all the bosses are up
    Zakum arms on the top left and on the spot I said before
    2 Targets:
    HT when the wings are down you just try to hit the left head and the middle head with Dragon Strike, but if the left head goes down you miss it, and when the middle head is canceled you are just at 1vs1 (if both scenarios are true half of ur combo is useless)

And the last thing:
    Seems that x2 is a lot if you are hitting a lot of targets but when you are trying to proc charge is mostly in HT where whenever you get hit you fall all the way down and you need to climb back up without falling in the process so this small change could help us on that scenario a lot more. And well most of the time hitting multiple targets is hard even if you have the tools to do so. And one small thing you do not have I.Frames while spaming Snatch or when you use Dragon Strike (A skill with a long animation) so is pretty easy to get knocked down, This getting knock down even harm us on the left head on top of how the heads move making em a bit hard to hit at times (Specially on cancels).

Thanks for listening and keep in mind this a suggestion that I wanted to make when I saw the changes, this does not mean that I'm not happy with the changes or that I don't appreciate the work that went into them (The mastery change for more DPM was brilliant), keep up the good work.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    7:38 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The best Halloween balance change isn't even listed on here. 5-6 fixed aka MAGES BUFFED.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    upload_2020-10-31_16-38-38.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I'm getting the feeling that this energy charge buff is just going to encourage wingslaying behaviors even more MapleF3_Origin

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Is the only way that Buccaneer has to hit multiple targets and do a bit more damage in HT. If anything we can just still focus the left head and with the better charge rate perhaps do better at that, thats why Im always saying to buff Bucc single target more than anything to perhaps be closer to BM dpm.

11. MegaPita

MegaPita Red Snail

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    5:38 PM
    MegaPita
    Assassin
    Funk
    Great changes! keep it going ^_^

12. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I think it'd be interesting if one could incorporate stun mastery on bosses somehow. Skill-locking bosses is too OP so I would treat stunning a boss as just a marker that still allows the boss to freely attack but is now susceptible to crit damage. I think it would add more depth to bucc play during both non-ST and ST states and make the playing experience richer. However, it sounds like a lot of custom rework for devs on a class that not many ppl care about lol. But if a flat dpm increase is desired, I think this is a more interesting option. Afterall stunning, which is core bucc tech when mobbing, becomes totally irrelevant during bossing.

Also regular stun mastery fix 60% --> 160% damage when?

13. MIGHTYshoni

MIGHTYshoni Slime

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    Shonii
    Marksman
    Pacifists
    Can any GMs clarify this?

It determines whether blind 10 or blind 30 is needed for bossing. Blind 10 already reduces enemies accuracy by 10%, so if blind were to be enabled for bosses, theres no incentive to go beyond blind 10 as blind 30 will be limited to only 10% anyways instead of the full 30% on regular monsters.

14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    7:38 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It should be something like 1% every 3 levels, though I'm not quite sure on that. I know it goes up in stages.

15. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    There was some confusion as to what the 10% rate for blind meant, so the main post has been updated to be more clear about what it is. It is a 10% reduction on boss accuracy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I'm gonna note here that Blind isn't a numerical reduction of the target's accuracy stat, it flat out gives them a 30% (10%) chance to fumble attacks (like a reverse shifter). Warriors and Mages on my HT run have noted that they have started dodging attacks, when they don't have the avoid stat to do so even with a -10% accuracy reduction.