1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I/L or F/P?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Zefex, Jul 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Zefex

Zefex Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    7:07 PM
    Beginner
    Hello!
    I just started playing at this server and I dont remember much from old maple. Which one is better for mobs or for bosses or is more fun? How do this things changes in different levels? I know fun is different for each people but still asking your suggestions.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:07 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I/L has a harder time leveling in third job than fire poison. That being said, most people I know end up regretting making a F/P and wish they made an I/L instead. This is because I/L can grind in shoalin 5-6 (the most optimal exp map) with little attention due to the fact that they freeze monsters. A F/P on the other hand has to constantly move to reposition since they will get knocked around by monsters attacking.

F/P is better at bossing in general, but I/L is stronger at Neo tokyo (and can actually compete with normal attackers in terms of DPS on a boss like Nibergen because it is weak to thunder).

F/P is also slightly stronger, so if u want to just sell leech, it's probably the better choice since you require less TMA to 1hit popular leech monsters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Zefex

Zefex Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for the great insight and taking your time to answer this. Few questions about your comment. That shoalin spot you mentioned, is it for what levels? And that generally f/p is stronger in mobbing and bossing except few spots that i/l has the advantage over? Does very low funding affect anything, since I have basically 0 mesos?

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Shoalin is for levels 125+, though you probably want to start at 130+.

Second question is yes.

Funding doesn't change anything other than what level you can 1 or 2 hit a monster. An ice lightning can 1hit everything a fire poison can 1hit, it would just be a few levels later.

5. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    12:07 AM
    Beginner
    I came out with some general questions to help you to decide to be a (ice) or (fire) mage:

1) Would you prefer skills with crowd control (ice) or no crowd control but just damage (fire)

2) Would you like to to zap monster (ice) or poison monster (fire)

3) Do you like the animation of the blizzard skill (ice) or a meteor skill (fire)

4) In general, do you prefer the element ice (ice) or fire (fire), OR would you want like to try something new? [Maybe you can reference/compare from other games you played]

5) If you got a pet, would you prefer it to be a fire type (ice) or ice type (fire)

6) Since its your first account, do you prefer safety over grinding (ice, cause u can freeze them) or you dun really care and just want the extra damage (fire)

Some other general and fun questions that may or may not be useful to helping you to make your decision (There are more but I cant think of any right now):
    1) Do you like hot food (fire) or dessert (ice) better
    2) Do you prefer summoning huge chunks of ice onto monster (ice) or summoning huge flaming rocks at monster (fire)
    4) Are you a hot temper, easy to anger person (Fire) or a cool guy (ice)
    5) Do you like winter (ice) or summer (fire)
    6) If you dress your character up, Do you prefer cooler colors like blue (ice) over hotter color (fire) like red and orange

In the end I think just pick a path and try it out. Reach 2nd job, see if you are having fun with the mechanics, if you are you can continue with the current path you have chosen otherwise consider switching.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    6:07 PM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    f/p can fart

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Difference

Difference Red Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Male
    Difference
    Beginner
    Let's emphasize this part a little bit. You can get from ~80 to 120 in a day on an FP if you wanted to.

upload_2020-7-30_13-33-26.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Zefex

Zefex Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Okay thanks for very insightful information. F/P sounds good.

9. OP
    OP
    Zefex

Zefex Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thats a very good point, thanks. :D

10. OP
    OP
    Zefex

Zefex Red Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for the long answer and taking your time to answer this. I tried to answer on those questions for myself and came in to conclusion to try F/P mage. Even tho my anwers were more like 50/50 for both choices. :D

11. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    11:07 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I/L got Implemented electricity and drank too much CFC
    F/P just ate too much spicy food and sweet potato, also they carry a lighter