1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help and some insight on a Hp wash matter

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Gustavosama, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Gustavosama

Gustavosama King Slime

May 12, 2020
    Male
    4:57 PM
    Hunter, Bowmaster
    Well, let's see i started playing Maple with the idea that it was optional to wash and that it was a un-fun thing to do, so i didn't wash... But right now i'm feeling the struggle of almost dying one shotted by any high lvl mob and this really sucks, also im wasting too much nx on lucky charms because im dying like 5 times per day when training
    Im a lvl 98 Ranger i'll tell you my stats:
    STR: 87+11 = 98
    DEX: 414+51 = 465
    INT: 5+6 = 11
    LUK: 4+7= 11
    HP: 2815
    MP: 1861

Kay, my question is if there's some wash that i can start doing now, some friend can lend me some INT items and have like 35 plus int, i haven't bought a zakum helm yet so i can do that too, that'd be like 15 plus int. I have 25 golden gacha for AP resets, plus 76k nx on my acc to buy ap Resets from the shop.
    So i was thinking of washing with those AP resets some of my str/dex points to INT
    and idk if i should do blood washing when lvling until lvl 120 or more.
    So... can someone with experience tell me if the HP gain will be worth it, and help me do the math because i'm bad with that, i want to do this because i don't want to leave my character and remake, i've put so much effort and time on it, and i feel very emotionally attached to him, so for me it's not an option to remake him.

Thank you for reading and i hope someone can give me some good advice on this situation

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:57 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  3. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    What kind of mobs are you training at? I don't think any mobs are your level range should be able to do 2.8k dmg. You can try CDs or Mannequins at your level. I believe they are still good exp.

In addition to Akash's recommendation, feel free to take a look at this post as well. There's some discussion on whether HP washing is truly optional. Let us know what your goal is, and we will try to help you as best as we can.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You don't need to worry as much as people will try to make you, but some light washing will give you a good buffer for a lot of content if that's something you're down with.

Getting a zhelm or Scar helm would be the best first step, not only for the free ~15 int on levels but also for the good defense, reducing every hit you take by 70-80 damage, and for increasing the rest of your stats as well. If Zakum sounds like a pain, then the prequests for Scarlion are a lot more chill, and the boss won't even hit you.

It also looks like you can also grab a free Silver Deputy Star from the quests in New Leaf City, it's the Bounty Hunter ones from the lady sheriff. You'll just need to buy some soiled rags and get a friend to help you by killing Bigfoot and the Headless Horseman, as they can hit pretty hard. That pendant will give you +5 stats all around and a free 100 HP to use until you can get a Mark of Naricain from Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest at a later date.

If you reset some other stats until you have ~40 base int, get a new hat, the Silver Deputy Star, and ~20 more int from other gears you'll have 8 free MP per level. That leads to ~12 more HP every level. If you hunt down all of the gear in Akash's guide above then by 160 you'll have ~6700 HP, enough to HT even with a couple pieces of that HP gear missing.

In the short term it's difficult to increase HP, but the Monster-book has the most potential gains, it's just something that takes patience to get to the high levels where the big HP is at. Monsterbook grinding can also get some decent funds for buying a zhelm/int gear, as there are quite a few lucrative mob drops and gacha to go along with it.

You can just continue playing as you are for the most part, if it's a character you love then there's a lot that can be done to improve it, with or without HP washing. Stick to the level of washing you're comfortable with, as it stands now the only thing you're left out on will be a couple optional bosses and the future Pink Bean, who will only be able to be killed by the top .1% of players here anyways.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    4:57 PM
    I'd recommend skipping the zak helm and just going straight for a scar helm. It's better in the long term, it doesn't cost anymore than zhelm, and there's little to no risk of you dying midway into the run.

Aside from that, I think it's time for you to start farming monster book cards; the monster book ring makes a pretty huge difference in your HP pool and combined with the scar helm can make up for a lot of lost dex if you decide to reset dex into int.

If you have the money you can also buy an MoN for an extra 300 hp and 5 dex/str but the scar helm and mb ring should be your first priorities for sure.