1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets solve HP washing.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 13ad, Apr 5, 2018.

1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    9:17 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    thought you were old player that made a new account. then i realized, you cant be, because you sound like a sassy teenage girl.

as to #6, i thought i solved the problem, but it never came to fruition. [https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/boost-hp-from-scrolls.8911/]

also your argument of saying 'you dont have to play legends', and that we can exercise our agency to do what ever we want and leave. well, why is complaining not an option? if i choose to complain about something, should i not have the unalienable right to do so? do songbirds not sing? do babies not cry? does keanu reeves not age?
    if i want to be an apache helicopter, you cant stop me, period.
    in closing, make canada great again

2. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    9:17 AM
    I/L Mage
    HP washing or more correctly Blood Washing only started when Horntail was released in maplestory. As for the reason, we all know.

Horntail was first released in 19 march 2008 in GMS ( according http://www.basilmarket.com/General-What-Came-When-in-GMS-Wiki-2907 )

The hard sad truth is
    1. Horntail started the Blood washing
    2. Horntail make millions of dollars for Neckson due to AP reset.
    3. Horntail was a financial gain for Neckson.
    4. Horntail maked life difficult for normies as they might never have chance to visit him until they are in the lvl 180+ range.
    5. Horntail screwed those who cant HP wash in time because they had already pass the point of no return.
    6. Horntail wasted the 3 yrs of the life of the players who painstaking lvled their characters to 180 and found out they had a defective character.
    7. Horntail was for those who choose to pay to win i.e purchase AP reset.
    8. Horntail Sparked the HP wash craze
    9. Horntail laughed at those who did not HP wash as he melted them with 1 hits.
    10. LAST by the least, Horntail continued instill fear, sadness, to those who played the maplestory without the knowledge of HP wash

3. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:17 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    This video was made before GMS had Horntail and it taught people how to do it and I highly doubt people washed back then so your points from 4 and onwards are invalid, you could put on HP gear to sacrifice your damage but live, have smoke, HB a necessity and utilize the rock to avoid the legs/tail brutal damage. Horntail is also meant to be more elite and hardcore than zakum, hence why it requires a higher level to do and requires more people too.

Horntail is far from impossible if you do not wash, the only boss I can think of that required washing and a lot of $$$ from players is pink bean due to its unrealistic damage and ranged characters could not even naturally scale to half of pink bean's damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Showing a video that showcase only top 1% of players can do it is not realistic. (at that time 2007)

Unless you can advocating a minority rule here or trying to inflate your ego that you belong the that top 1% that can do it.

The video is only purposeful in showing how to deal with Horntail.. It doesnt even show the lvl, and the range and the party formation it was involved.

The problem with Horntail is that its drop mastery book for the 4th classes.

Unless you are willing to pay a leg and a hand for those books which usually come down with buying meso with real cash if you cant do Horntail(In GMS ).

Personally, i come from the 2005-2007 era and I play maplelegend is to get back those 2005-2007 mapling feelings. As such, ZAKUM will always be the last boss for me. Skipping Horntail is not a big issue for me.

Horntail is just Neckson way of saying thank you for playing Maplestory for free until 2008 and pls support Neckson by paying NOW!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:17 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The % of players/characters able to do HT here are also a small minority. (refer to what AngbakAngbak wrote)

And no I wasn't trying to inflate my ego, I'm genuinely tired from all the complaints about hp washing when its something known in pre BB and theres a shit ton of info about it and its not as difficult as it seems nor is the wait to long if you're playing the game and enjoying it while still building your character slowly, you won't get 155 that easily. If you want a more balanced gameplay go play GMS, despite the huge numbers its actually balanced gameplay.

And you don't really need a level or party formation, my point posting the video was to show you that you are able to do Horntail with natural scaling/not requiring hp washing and utilizing party buffs of various classes as intended, since Horntail, like I said is a more elite boss that needs more coordination and planning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    I/L Mage
    My closing speech for this thread.

Both side of the parties (Anti-Hp wash and Pro-hp wash) have clearly given their thoughts on the HP wash mechanic.

Whats is the Most Important thing is that Our Honorable Judge (Kimberly) has given her final verdict and ruling to HP mechanic.

There is noting more to debate on since Verdict is final and we should respect it.

Perhaps in the near future, this verdict would be over ruled.

7. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Concerning your last line: literally made the same joke to someone else yesterday.

8. Seyfried

Seyfried Red Snail

Feb 21, 2018
    Red Velvet
    Ashy
    Dragon Knight
    I am a DK and is heavily recommended by others that i SHOULD do HP washing
    But it is just not my style i guess, i enjoy spending NX on clothes and gacha even though i know i will get crap from it. I just like to lead a normal maple lifestyle, and not those boss fighting ones.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    To the OP: I love you for making these analogies. Your statements reflect EXACTLY how I feel about the whole HP wash trap and the defensive community behind it. LOL!! "you have an attack button. press it." "you don't need potions -- you have a chair; sit in it." LMAOOOOO SPOT ON!!! A-1 !!!! TOP NOTCH MY BRO!!

10. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    2008 GMS had the MTS system -- many people (Persons in Windia and Kradia and Scania that I knew) washed during this period because you could sell EQUIPS FOR NX. Also, they had SALES ON AP RESETS; YES. WE ( I ) DEFINITELY WASHED during those mentioned periods in GMS. It wasn't hard to sell etc crafting items BULK for a few hundred NX and all that little bit ADDED UP; it wasn't hard at all!! And once Neckson hit the AP resets discount with their promotional sale (this happened once in 2008 and twice in 2009) -- everybody went all-in on it. Surely -- u must've remembered this??