1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk about Heroes.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Autoassemble, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    5:03 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Let me begin by saying that I do not believe that hero is an under powered class in standard v62 (warrior or otherwise). Heroes has always been considered the strongest warrior class (slightly above drk in pure damage), both being ahead of paladin which was rightly buffed here to be competitive.

I think one of the biggest issues with hero is that the most optimal end game weapon is a lvl 70 1h sword (red katana (see comparison in image below)). In GMS we heroes had a much better endgame weapon: Lunchbox.
    Obviously this would be a huge upgrade compared to red katana, most likely being too much of a buff, but that is not to say that the item can't be added in a nerfed state.

(Comparison is made assuming perfect items)
    [​IMG]

TL;DR
    * Lvl 70 sword (for 1h heroes) being the best endgame weapon is silly.
    * 1h heroes have to perfect 17 slots and currently gain very little (or realistically no) advantage over 2h at only 7 slots.

Reformatted post because people we're going on tangents and misunderstanding what this thread was about.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    6:03 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    They need nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. apari

apari Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Female
    12:03 AM
    Yoko
    Hero
    Villains
    Heroes are garbage. Add lvl 90 lunchboxes pls

4. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    Complaining about Heroes shouldn't become a trend.

However, adding new weapons is sort of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kingsplace

Kingsplace King Slime

Aug 17, 2017
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Kingsplace
    Marauder
    GodDuckness
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    9:03 PM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    I agree with this. If we insistently complain about something, it'll create unrest and instability, and distance the player base from the moderators who don't want to give in to demands based on principle of protecting game integrity.

With that said, since we are now talking about it and I am invested in this, I made a thread here where I proposed that scrolling shields be made easier so that 1h warriors would become more competitive, not only with their 2h counterparts, but with other classes. Only with a powerful 1h+shield setup are Heroes stronger than Dark Knights (As supported in the math in this post) and if Heroes are not stronger than Dark Knights, they are entirely pointless, other than being made for fun (or their swaggy P skills, stunting on all you hoes)

So, the decision to be made is are we/the GMs willing to accept a class be pointless in favour of preserving the authenticity of the nostalgia, or would we make some slight adjustments so that the Hero class can be better balanced.

Small side note, which I'm only including because I linked to the thread I made earlier, I'm not at all saying right now that adding in Shield WA 60 is the only way to balance Heroes, just that that was the point I was trying to address in that post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    I agree on safeguarding each class's strong points so that we get to have a server with each class having a place. I also understand the concern about Heroes, thinking that Dark Knights are stealing their role while also having HB. Be it your suggestion or OP's, I don't know which one would be the best; BUT, DEFINITELY NOT BUFFING RAGE.

DEFINITLY

NOT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    All people do is complain and wanting buffs. Hero is already broken and has always been. I played Hero, you definitely need nothing new or anything buffed, period. Your class is EASY, you press ONE button, you have a shit ton of HP, your base dmg % is really high and it's an AoE at the same time. You don't need any form of improvements at all. Don't break the game more than it already is with 4th job as it is. Would be a joke.

Classes who recieved a buff, deserved it. Hero does not. Unfollowing thread, salty people who wanna be more OP for absolutely no reason only complain. Gbye :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    i love talking about heros! my favorite is batman. what's yours?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Not exactly sure where you're pulling your numbers from or what you're really judging; you're not telling us if you're even including whether or not everything is truly perfect (capes, gloves for excess att, or what STR or DEX goals you're trying to set for "perfect").

You don't even show us evidence in either SS or video, you're just posting numbers, which is fine, but you're not listing under what conditions other than "perfect weapons" and apples. What bosses? Perfect weapons for 1H, by the way, literally cannot exist unless you are a literal deity because perfect would imply +3 (30 on shield) and chaos finish for +5. That is actually perfection; any other shield is obviously less than perfect.

Moreover, it's a known fact that 2Hs scale harder than 1Hs and are much easier to perfect versus 1H, which requires shields, and they are a realistic goal; the odds you are listing for 1H heroes to be even as good as you're implying are slim to none. Why would you even bother labeling RKs the best weapon if only under perfection when it's clearly not happening for anyone on the server?

If you're referring to the average player, or even the great or hardcore player, the clear choice is still ST over RKs and I'm also still baffled by where you're getting these numbers.

Like Stance88 said (not tagging cuz he said he unfollowed thread), I don't think there's a point in buffing a perfectly fine class. If you're salty about heroes not being better, play another server. That's not to say you can't make suggestions or anything of the like, but be reasonable here.

All your problems under your "TL;DR" section could literally also be attributed to Paladins, who, despite their buff, are still not a party class, who also use the same weapons, and thus, who also have to go through the same scrolling problems.

What exactly are you looking for?

Equality? That's not an aspect of Maple.

Balance? Hell no that's not an aspect of Maple.

If you're operating under the premise and point that we have already diverged from the traditional v62 and made some disgusting changes, you're not wrong; every class should receive buffs, fixes, or changes, but that would be entirely on the staff. But that's still not a good enough reason, to me, to make a working class a better one when there isn't a need that calls for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:03 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Dude, your font size...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  12. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    I'm actually surprised that I somehow started a hero crusade. Lel. I just wanted rage to not be shit. :confused:

And yes. It is shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Honestly, I'm surprised people find it bad; I find size four (the standard) to be waaay too large.

14. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    12:03 PM
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    Wait wut, shadowers do more damage than heroes? Where did this come from Oo

15. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Honestly find it hard to believe that some people are serious when they consider having a level 70 sword as end game weapon balanced.

16. Soyourken

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    Rather, it's more like the lvl 70 weapon is broken to the point of being end game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Extremely broken, so broken that they don't add Heroes to boss runs because they all get auto-banned for doing insane amounts of damage

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  18. Soyourken

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    I don't think you understood what I meant, your other points have made sense, albeit somewhat countered by others here, but a level 70 weapon being end game is not representative of Hero's being horrible, it's only the end game weapon because it outperforms the higher level 1H-swords. Which is RK being broken, should we just nerf RK instead? Some Paladins use 1H-swords too.
    Edit: this is not saying RK should be nerfed, just trying to illustrate my point

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    You can't say that based on 1 shadower that out performs heroes, majority of shadowers wont even come close to compare with the heroes on this server :p

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:03 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You have a level 70 as end game weapon because it has fast attack speed just like how dks end game weapon is lvl 85 for its normal attack speed? The level of the weapon doesn't matter as long as it's actually giving you good damage.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.