1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk about Heroes.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Autoassemble, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:26 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Rage is actually USEFUL in other MS servers that are not GMS because KMS/JMS etc did not have NLC which made rage completely useless, you can blame GMS for releasing NLC with game changing additions like stoppers, warrior elixirs, ciders and deputy star. KMS only had weather (NX) and Apples... which is also (NX).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    6:26 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    >I disagree so tell them to shut up
    what an impressive and creative mind,,,, LOL man 2017 is a bitch

we're talkin melee classes here. one got a speed boost on their attack, the other got massive % bonuses on their damage (which makes their gear more relevant / impactful than it is for heroes) and we're talking about enrage and rage not a revamp or saying hero is shit im giving suggestions about these 2 things and ive posted my reasons and thoughts. end post kek!

edit: and lets get off this hero are the best dps ever never say anything negative about them - thing. that stopped being nostalgic when everyone got a buff aside from them -- not that hero needs one, but the point is hero isn't nostalgically head and shoulders above everyone else anymore. and that's okay but lets keep perspective.

3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Hmm plays an out-of-date, nostalgic game, meant to represent a specific patch and time, wants to mod it...

Maybe we could make all classes "better" because maybe they "should be."

4. jatsz

jatsz Mano

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    jatsz
    Hero
    I agree with the fact that heroes are not trash, but it's true that it feels weak to play with one, and it's not just the fact that rage is completely useless, when it should be a good increase of damage for the group. It seems to me that the problem is in the min attack range, because you can hit 20k per line or you can hit half of that. From my point of view it is this instability that makes the heroes weak.

5. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    its essentially the soft damage cap of low dmg % on brandish. ACA partially masks this but it shows a lot more in later levels when damage barely increases no matter how much gear you get. pally are unstable in comparison to hero but huge %'s make their dmg go up faster and more easily so its not a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Rk is definately not the best, it requires less work in terms of not having to lug a si mule around.
    But thats your own choice.

Retrospectively nightlords that choose to kill bosses without se are probably the weakest of all the ranged classes. But with se they are almost indisputably the best dpm class.

7. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    3:26 AM
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    You know I love this rk + st debate and all but can we we please stop with the class comparison dick measuring hero vs x. Enrage is fine as it is tbh. It'd be broken as Perma 26 imo. Rage still needs a buff as well in my opinion, wish a staff would actually address this. And yeah I know it's a second job skill but if it's possible to make it 30 skill points then I would support it.

On a slightly unrelated note. We do not just sit and afk while attacking. If I literally did that for horntail not only would I die within the first 5 minutes of prehead but I would get kicked out of the squad. (Ps I do have max hp). I get that we're easier but the class isn't that retardedly brain dead as people exaggerate it to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Blast range is also much much smaller, compared to brandish. And all warriors have the problem of high top damage and low min damage based on their mastery cap.
    Comparable to other warrior classes, most people would say that heros are the most relaxed class.

You use only one skill, and besides having to self buff, pay attention to seduces if theu occur, and potting (hp/mp pet). There isn't much differentiation to your skills.

Drks have to watch out and maintain a certain hp, and paladins switch to acb to mob.

9. spiritbaeber

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    Fair enough, we're easier in most cases. But we're not braindead retarded spam 1 button and excluded to discussion for change due to that reason. And rage is useful... in what server? All versions later down the line have buffed to 20 whether GMS, KMS, etc after the release of Lionheart. (Won't compared to recent maple since it's just outright broken +30 attack etc).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    See below:

11. spiritbaeber

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    I don't see how one could speak on behalf of the maple community in the past to deem which skill is useless or not in what version unless the person actually bossed as a hero at the time.

The servers mentioned eventually buffed it to 20 like I stated.

And what's the point of dredging up old servers? I'm talking about the server NOW and right now it's at the barely useless tier based on personal experience.

Other heroes' experiences would also collaborate to the irrelevance of the skill. Of course it's all up to personal interpretation.

12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:26 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Jesus christ stop asking for rage buff... OnionDead

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:26 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    If you want the server "NOW" then rage should be nerfed back to what it was imo, rage was probably nerfed in way later versions.

Re-read *buffed in way later version* :facepalm: but you got what I mean.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  14. OP
    OP
    Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    11:26 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    tfw I never mentioned rage aside from saying it was useless, but didn't ask for it to be buffed

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    CuraƧao
    Xqst
    inb4 buff mage armor becomes a meme

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    12:26 PM
    Beginner
    I meant Neckson America. However your right, it worked in other versions.

17. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:26 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I love all the stupid disagrees xD

Keep on hating :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    12:26 PM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Come to think of it, 4 disagrees is not very much. So must be very few people naive enough to want a buff on an already OP class :)

19. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    In this thread: Non-Heroes continue to shit post and the general ML population is too nostalgic for context

20. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Not being required to hp wash is already an insane advantage heroes have over most other classes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.