1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowering Meso/Drops to active AOE casters in map

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redblueblur, Aug 15, 2021.

1. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:51 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I don't think they would want to waste their mesos on top of the inflation of market and lose more mesos while mesos are the main concern of the changes towards drops ever since multi-mage meso farm journals were a thing to show players how to effectively make their mesos.

When I reached level 80~85 it took me nearly 3 weeks to find ulu 1/2 leech because every single mage in every channel were meso farming.

I've had to ask my friends/alliance for help in leeching however most were either in the middle of bossing or afk.

I agree in making or labeling Skele/Petri leech a divine, noble task because the people that go over and provide leeching services on top of their meso farming would have to not have selfish traits where they aren't sweating over being giga-focused on meso farming.

It took about 3 and half weeks for me to find/get ulu 2 leech after getting leech from a Shadower, yeah thats right a Shadower not a mage from 80 to 85 after that I met up with a player that didn't really care about solo meso farming where I was able to join their party from 85 to 100 package then after getting Montrecer leech from Matt from 100 to 102.5 (102 44% exp) then continuing leech from Snorlax at Montrecer to level 105 then tested the solo eph for Petrifighter which gave me nearly half a level more or less.

When something is deemed as a divine, noble task I feel like this seems to be an appropriate label for such deeds.

I don't think meso farming is the only issue OP is trying to address, they're mentioning that its also difficult to find leech for players while theres meso farming mages in every single channel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    8:51 PM
    can such a noble and divine task go back up in prices to pre-covid days? 7m/8m split

<Edited> Bring back SI also, it makes the above task more noble and divine

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    7:51 AM
    Wow, truly a profound observation! Perhaps the only people in the server that are more divine and noble than petri/skele leech sellers are multimage farmers, since rather than selfishly farming mesos for themsves, they are generously producing loads of scrolls, equips, and gachapon tickets (thereby WS/CS) for the rest of us to enjoy! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    yes i myself like this idea, but what's proposed here is an alternative if limiting multi clienting doesnt get approved. I agree with 4 maximum clients as well as we could even make do 3 clients per IP where players can self leech themselves (Arch mage + hs mule + leecher/HB).

5. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    11:51 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    So let's make multiple computer/laptops and VPNs necessary to sweat? Pay to win. Understood

6. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    11:51 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Hold up. You dont want to use mesos as a way to make mesos? It's almost like you're saying multi-mage farming doesn't reward you enough

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    SI was never intended to work for spell casts only ability casts.
    (e.g: Spell casts Air Strike, Blizzard, Genesis, Hurricane, Meteor, Rapid Fire.)

Those are item drops not meso drops so the person farming those could still sell leech to the person in search for it, it makes sense to do so.
    (But it is entirely up to them if they want to sell or not.)

Some people don't enjoy playing mages so they refrain from creating one themself.

8. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    Yup, but making it more noble and divine is a worthy reason to consider. Whats more noble and divine than actually improving the nobility and divinity of the act?

• Creative Creative x 2
  9. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    the per IP strategy isn't a proper solution as there may be more than 1 player in a household. for example my bro and i wanted to play at the same time. having client cap per IP will definitely impact the quality of our gameplay

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. yuweii

yuweii Red Snail

May 15, 2021
    Male
    dont touch paladins PLS

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    2:51 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I think this suggestion points (as a side-effect of if its get implemented) on issue that we are all suffer from those days- the market prices INFLATION.
    WS kinda worth 220-230m right now and CS 210m, 11wa cape 1.8b, 15wa gloves 800-900m and so on...
    the game always have been challenging, but I think the challenge of effort WS /CS became ridiculous in the last few months
    If you ask me, its because of mage grind; when u can mage grind 40-50m mesos per hour with multi clients its direct effect of mesos valuation..
    as if u get too much of it, and not just you, its also everyone else, the value of mesos ->sink, there for the prices rise.

I actually wanted to write this suggestion my self, with kinda different idea like the following :
    lets say u cast gene/meteor/blizzard - and u hit 15 mobs, the base mesos dropped from them is 1k each, so totally u shouldve get 15k /per cast (its not so straight since mobs has like 30% diff from best mesos dropped to worse like 720-1020, but take it as an example)
    what if the mesos that dropped from those skills, would sink the mesos dropped- so you will get like - 20%~30% - of the 100% (15k to 3k-5k), also same for mesos, same for rate of items dropped.
    hopefully that will kill the mage grind for good.

why killing mage grind?
    When I see maps abusing in like 4mages -ulu1 or someone taking over cornian maps and so on, its just as back then 12 years ago when I saw someone vacuum and killed mobs, for me its the same abuse.

after that's been said- I think if my suggestion here ever gets implemented, mage should get something good in return, like Si for mages, so they can boss (not just in nt/pb)..

12. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    love you deep deep. at least buff the solo/duo mage setup.

13. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    9:51 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    You wouldn't necessarily have to nerf multi-mages to make them less effective. There could instead be ways to make playing a mage require more effort; possibly adding telecasting and making it easy to perform alongside a slight drop nerf for all ultimates.
    Those types of changes could reduce the incentive for people to go through the burden of making multiple mages, without having to burden people whom wish to play in a party with their friends.
    (speaking as someone with two high level mages that feels forced to play on both of them to make a decent amount of meso If I don't want to sell leech)

14. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I think i've alrdy mentioned what u said on the first page, also I'm using the skill hit count as a benchmark as it's part of the skill mechanics and could be worked on future rates going forward as it'd provide a better rate than a random number of 20-30%. If u have reasoning for it, please detail it

15. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:51 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Wut???? This increases the skill ceiling. If you want to make something more difficult to play you need to increase the skill floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    9:51 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    There's not much skill ceiling in the 2003 mushroom game. Increasing the effort required to play mages would increase the effort floor and could increase the effort ceiling as well depending on the nature of the changes.
    The example I gave was nerfing drop rates universally for mage ultimates, adding telecasting and making it easy to achieve.
    (as a means of not having legit players being at a disadvantage compared to those whom use a 3rd party software to do it with more ease). That was simply an example, not saying that this would necessarily be the best way to go about this. Another example would be making it so mages had to charge their ultimates, or having the anti bot measure nerfed for ultimates making it so they had to move a certain distance after a lesser x number of casts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    1:51 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I think all of this is overly simplistic regarding a situation that is easy to understand but hard to fully grasp the impact of. There's a reason staff hasn't found a solid implementable solution yet. proposing solutions like yours does not add anything to the discussion aside from being yet another forum post where people can bash mages and have pointless discussions.

I'd much rather see people collaborate on threads like these instead of just dumbdump their thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:51 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Bro what made you be salty like this

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:51 AM
    iPippy
    Give ultimates the big bang charge bar :cool:

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:51 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    What exactly is your obsession with telecast when you know damn well it'll never be a part of Legends

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1