1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowering Meso/Drops to active AOE casters in map

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redblueblur, Aug 15, 2021.

1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    9:49 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Being a bishop that has passed GEN30 and MW20 through burning my hard earn meso almost 1.5 years ago and I've came back multiple times to the server and only to be yucked by the awful sight of bear minimal geared mages spamming ultimates at maps especially like ULU1. I've tried to perform similar method of multi clienting my 2 other ice mages but this just seems so unfair for having contribute to this part of the server that creates opportunity costs to single client mages. Gone were the days of Skel and Petri leech, now i look back and I feel my value in gear investment has almost mostly gone down the drain. Alongside with the only lootable items on killer in party, I see myself as loosing out on EPH for my future skel buyers and meso for myself.

Having seen multiple new systems that came into discussion and the well known issue with how sweaty multi-clienting mages generate massive meso in the economy. I propose a nerf to "Multiple active mages (and jobs) that cast large ranged skills (Ultimates: Bliz, Meteor, Genesis)" on the Meso value and Item drop generated on death of the monster in map (regardless of party status) , excluding bosses.

Roar/ Air Strike/ HH: up for debate to include into consideration to penalise.

Here is the proposed formula we could work on
    1. New MESO VALUE dropped per monster (pre/post MU) = Meso value / No. of Active character(s).
      1. i.e: A monster meso drop value of 1,000 with 1 active mage would result in an actual looting of 1,000 in value by any looters and divided amongst the party as per normal splitting ratio 60/40.
      2. i.e: A monster meso drop value of 1,000 with 4 active mage would result in an actual looting of 250 (instead of 1,000) by any looters and divided amongst the party as per normal splitting ratio 60/40.
    2. New DROPS RNG dropped per monster = RNG possibility / No. of Active character(s).
      1. I'm not sure how this could be calculated or tweaked but i assume we can lower the drop rate on etc/ eqp/ gacha/ nx..
    The idea here, is to help curb over generation of meso/drops in the server. Where for example, if a map has 4 spots to cast an ultimate, the leech seller and his/her skills and effort working through the map could on avg cast on 3-4 spots per mob rotation. And even if some sweaty multi clienting mages were to have 4 or more mages in the map on various spot, they effectively can kill almost mobs spawned but with a penalty due to not moving around. Indirectly positively affect geared up mages to sell leech or self leech in high end monster maps such as Skel/ Petri and others. As you can see in 1.1, Individual bishops/mages (or any other job) for example, would not cause any negative harm and have rates as per usual. But for 1.2 case, individuals who perform multi-clienting bishops/mages (or any other jobs) would get penalized in both meso and drops rng rate. The reason why roar, air strike and HH were mentioned was to prevent any possible loophole for an alternative as multi clienting to farm (although we can leave these skills out of the equation for now) . Also, this is a whole map rather than a party only effect, as to prevent both the inviting and expelling of MU mules to the party and having the attacker (in a 1 man pt) pet's loot the meso/ drops. So, it does not matter how players try to work around the whole map effect, they simply will not be able to attain a 1,000 meso bag even if they had 1 attacker in the party looting it.

In doing so, we'd be rewarding less for multiple active mages that stand still and press 1 button than the hard working 1 individual mage who works his/ her way around the map design mechanics of the game. We should work towards a less mage mulling society in server where possible and i feel this is a necessary push for a healthier server, that inclines newcomers to join the server on the get go rather than thinking twice. *Duo mage grinding with ultimates would still be plausible since EXP rates won't be touched but just a little more meso sink than usual.

If we are able to implement something similar to this generation of meso/ drops, we could well be on track to revert the changes done to only allow attackers to loot meso/ drops and bring back the meso sweepers, which would aid in large maps such as skel and petri that were once honorable leeching services and a possibility of removing some unnecessary white scroll/ chaos scroll systems.

Note:
    - Active characters are: mages (and jobs) that casted Ultimates (large ranged skills) and passed check system as identified as non-afk
    - Skills that fall under Ultimates should include some skills that have large AOE (in both horizontal and vertical). i.e: Genesis/ Meteor/ Bliz
    - Active Duration after passing check = 2mins (based on HS/MU benchmark, up for debate, but has to be long enough to penalize anyone who wants to cast within this time)

Cheers, you're most welcomed to leave your thoughts.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:49 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    You wanna duogrind with your mage friend? Tough luck, meso nerfed.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    11:49 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Ok so 1 mage per map? Understood.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    nice try tho, but it only affects drops/meso and not exp. Duo would still be pog but with more meso sink which is fine.
    Also, this is well workable around by having the other mage perform other skills part from ultimates or partying up with other classes friends that brings in variety and inclusiveness, just don't be lazy fam :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    That doesn't change anything about what I said. If 2 mages want to genuinely duo (which is a common occurrence outside of multimage farming) they're getting screwed over.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Agree but disagree.

This thread would have been better if the idea was mostly prone on drop rate related singularly on a mage and not on the amount of mages in it.
    Plus it should only deal with ultis.

Factor in a possible 25-30% item/meso drop rate for ultis (like as is for event related items).
    Make anything other than ulti have a slight item/meso drop rate buff (5-10% over the normal) and thats it.

inb4 : Thanks for the disagrees.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Imagine calling leech services such as petri / skele honorable.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I don't believe drops is the only consideration to be factored in, but meso generation as well. We could either do a Meso dropped / 15 on hit mob count per ultimate which is effectively the new meso actually attained. However, it may well be too low of a value, hence taking the 1st of many small step into meso reduction would be by the number of active mages. Also, only ultimates are discussed here with other skills such as air strike/ roar/ hh to be discussed separately.

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Absolutely hilarious how you consider multimaging a lazy/dishonorable action but you're so proud of your 'hard earned' purchase of gen30 and mw20.

The multimaging that you're supposedly mad at (e.g. Akash' journal) takes hundreds of millions worth of investment and requires higher apm/attention span than most leech does.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. TheAmagi

TheAmagi Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    TheAmagi
    Thief
    Ainz dont act like it doesnt take 2 weeks after you get your first ice lighting or F/P to 120 to get the other 3 alts to 120 in 2 weeks this is a serious issue causing inflation stop trying to protect your own interests

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. TheAmagi

TheAmagi Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    TheAmagi
    Thief
    Also most mages who do this do it for the EXP not the meso again stop trying to protect your own interests

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
  13. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  14. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Please make a journal and show

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Selfleeching a char from 10-130 is absolute misery for the first 65 levels. I appreciate you thinking I'm some sort of multimage god but I'm basically exclusively doing singlemage farming, these proposed solutions wouldn't change a thing for me and I'll still be happily collecting my 20m/hr (which is also what single mage petri leech sellers earn, which OP seems to think is some sort of divine, noble task)

Have a good day though! You tried.

16. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    you don't need a journal mate, it's alrdy somewhat evident in leeching mules in server. also, take this somewhere else thanks

17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    "Haha oh no your criticism doesn't align with my thread, please take it somewhere else"

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    9:49 PM
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I think the best solution to all these mage threads, is revert the server to a version before 4th job was released...... and #MakePickpocketGreatAgain

• Creative Creative x 2
  19. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I think the main issue is multiclienting as a whole. There needs to be a hard limit on multi-clients, like 4 maximum. Doing so will help to limit all these crazy farm strats that require many, many clients.

I know someone's gonna say that you can run two PCs/laptops and circumvent it, but having to use two computers rather than one makes it significantly harder, imo. Unless you have Shadow Partner IRL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    9:49 PM
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    lol

Let's listen to poorly-thought out changes so the multimagers can circumvent the nerfs and screw over the mages that like to actually duo, just like what happened with the looter nerfs.

I could run with the exact setup I have currently and take maybe a 10% hit to my income with this change.

• Agree Agree x 1