1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Mac Clients Lag/Spike When Multi-Clienting

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by cyeoh1120, Sep 3, 2020.

1. cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    6:16 PM
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    Hello,

I've noticed that after the recent Summer Event patch, multi-clienting on a Mac seems to cause huge spikes & lag. For me, it seems like the threshold is the 3rd client. I've known a couple Mac users are also experiencing the exact same issue.

I used to be able to open up 6 clients without experiencing any spikes/lag, but now I can only run 2 clients at a time.

Is there a way to fix this issue, or is there any known workaround for this?

Thank you in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    I second this,
    1 client is fine.
    2 clients small spikes
    3 clients its like 3-4 second delay

3. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Bumping this because we never got an actual answer for this.

4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    3:16 PM
    I agree with both of you guys besides the small client spikes running two at once, this is the first time I've heard that.. I usually always run two clients for my Bishop and my Hermit, however I do get some fps spikes when I open 3.

But yes, I do hope that they fix this because I'm going to also have to open more than 3 at some point as well XD

5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    3:16 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is because ML takes up a massive amount of CPU for a 2003 mushroom game. It'd be the same if you were opening 3-4 clients of a really heavy program.

I noticed this change too but we haven't figured out why it's happening although we've tried several methods to make it less computationally intensive. We will update you guys if we ever find an answer. ):

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    This issue has been fixed after the Halloween 2020 patch. Feel free to test it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    It has been fixed so far 4 clients and rolling pretty smoothly. thank you!~