1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make permanent agent shoe event quest repeatable.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Jul 21, 2017.

should you be able to reobtain permanent agent shoes?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:15 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The potential Issue
    Currently, as far as the event goes, you can only obtain one pair of permanent agent shoes after obtaining the other permanent equips.

Because you can also get agent scrolls from the event, you can scroll your shoes for luk, int, or strength (which is normally impossible otherwise).

However as things are, you can only get one shot at doing so.

The Potential Solution
    Now, this may be unpopular, but I'd like to make it so that you can get more than one chance to scroll the shoes by making the final event quest repeatable.

Basically this would allow players to scroll decent shoes by the end of the summer event for sure, rather than leaving it up to chance.

Why it doesn't make the game too easy
    Of course, this may make scrolling good shoes too easy. Let me take a bit to show why this isn't 100% the case.

1. You must obtain permanent earrings via intelligence documents.

The drop rate for intelligence documents is fairly low. You would have to complete 15-20 pirate party quests or Henesy party quest (with only you looting all the documents) to gather 100.

2. You must gather 100 agent o badges. This alone requires a total of 1000 minutes.

3. cassandra quiz ( would take at least 20 attempts getting everything right)

4. You can only get the agent scroll from the secret boxes which you can get through secret missions once per day. The secret boxes only have a chance of giving you the agent scroll, so you may have to go through a lot to get the 5 needed to scroll your shoe.

Conclusion
    Essentially, just getting the shoe is fairly difficult, and I think that being able to get a fresh pair (to rescroll) is a rightful reward for completing this quest line.

Anyways I may be wrong about a lot of things that I wrote here, so if you disagree let me know why.

(Also if something I wrote here isn't factually correct, let me know so I can correct it)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:15 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    The scrolls themselves aren't hard to get right? Being able to get multiple shoes to chaos for basically no meso cost sounds slightly absurd. Completely defeats the point of yellow snowshoes also. I honestly wouldn't wanna see ppl running around with +30 stat shoes just from getting lucky at an event.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I don't know about hard, but definitely not easy. I've opened ~5 boxes and I've just gotten 1 (and there is a restriction on how many boxes u can get per day).

The other thing to note that although there is no meso cost, there is a significant time cost, and that the max stat you could get on these shoes would be +27/28 (which would not be feasible as it would require all chaos scrolls to work giving you +5).

I don't think it defeats the point of yellow snow shoes as any character created in the future would want it for HP washing as its tradable. My thought process was that it would end up giving players who put in the time and effort to do the entire event decent shoes (along the lines of +5 to +10, not broken godly shoes that are better than horn-tail pendants).

Either way, the process having no meso cost is a valid point that I don't have a counter to. Maybe if agent scrolls were not a thing this would be more reasonable (as you'd still have to use chaos scrolls yourself).

4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:15 AM
    Beginner
    The issue you state is simply wrong. You have always been able to chaos shoes and thereby get other stats than dex, which doesn't make it a problem that you can only get this shoes once.
    It actually makes sense that you only get one "free" try at chaosing your shoes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    5:15 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    getting one pair of perma shoes is already a hell and a half though T_T

6. zhaothecows

zhaothecows Slime

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    zhaothecow
    Hermit
    Influence
  7. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Scrolls that have a change of dropping from the daily mission gift boxes. You can only use those scrolls on agent gears.