1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maplelegends DPM Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Feb 20, 2023.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This guide seeks to compare all classes with similar gear and measure their DPM output.

The way that this is done is by choosing a specific level of gear, and applying it to each class (i.e. perfect weapon, glove, cape), and then calculating their dpm given a certain buff scenario (no buffs, sharpeyes, speedinfusion etc).

1 hand NT hero is considered the baseline damage, which is assigned a value of 1. Every other classes DPM is normalized compared to 1 hand NT hero. I chose this arbitrarily.

Note, that there are probably some mistakes in the spreadsheet i used for calculation. I will be linking it, so if you want to point out mistakes feel free to comment below and I will correct it.

Link to sheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sA9TK8JvXhIGYu0Z6uUFooOM7oDhBGLd2XyqvMoHOsE/edit?usp=sharing

Scenario 1: Onyx apple / Cheese
    upload_2023-2-19_16-36-42.png

Scenario 2: Cider / Wiz Elix
    upload_2023-2-19_16-40-29.png

Scenario 3: Pink bean Main body apple / cheese
    upload_2023-2-19_16-42-24.png

Notes:
    I gave 1h warriors and shadowers perfect shields, which means that the cost of their gear is more than the rest of the classes, because I did not give the other classes more attack to compensate. In effect, this makes the build for the shad / 1h warriors 40-50 white scrolls more expensive than the other attackers.

Magic defense is set to 0 for all cases because it does not reduce mage damage if the mage is higher level than the monster or boss the mage player is fighting against.

I may do some updates to this sheet to take into account cost of gear, and try to do a more balanced comparison in the future.

How the sheet works:
    There are different tabs for each part of the damage formula, attack speeds, skill multipliers, and the classes themselves, which holds the data for the gear that is being used. All of these are multiplied together in the attack range sheet, which is then summarized in the summary tab. The config sheet is used to change things like attack / defense / damage reduction across all sheets.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    When will this be updated for the DK changes?

3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I need some experienced dk players to tell me what the reasonable average zerk % is. Right now I have put it at 1.1

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    3:16 AM
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
    supercurious where dk is going to land, I really hope it's comparable to pally on single target when they're hyperzerking with si/se <3

5. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    A few disclaimers so this can be used to it's full potential to all the viewers.
    1. This is a theoretical model of DPM meaning that the values for certain classes are above what can be realistically achieved.
    2. Hero: Doesn't currently include Panic.
    3. Buccs: The BC Bucc section means "Barrel Cancel" The perfect usage of this forbidden technique needs precise frame perfect inputs to achieve the damage that is being shown here (Meaning this outcome is higher than what a human can achieve in practice)
    4. Shads: Similar issue with buccs, perfectly getting the dash nate timing without missing a single one is very unlikely while adding the fact that a boss needs to be wide enough otherwise you'd get less casts (due to repositioning) than the theoretical number given here at which point using nate only is better (Like in most bosses). TLDR: Nate dash is mostly niche since it can only be used in a handful of scenarios.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I was going to say that it didn't seem like panic usage was being factored in for hero, which represents a whopping theoretical 10% dpm boost. Granted, the benefit of its usage may be rather mitigated in certain bossing scenarios but these are all theoretical numbers anyways and so not factoring panic seems somewhat misleading and deflating of hero potential when perfect play is being assumed for other classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    barrel cancelling is actually pretty easy

8. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I never said it was hard, I said timing it perfectly is very unlikely which means that the number a human can achieve is lower than the one shown here. You'd have to perfectly hit that frame input consistently which is humanly impossible. I only say this because comparing to a class like NL where you hold down 1 key, theoretical damage is fairly easy to reproduce.

9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I don't think that's true. You can definitely input barrel cancel commands within a several frame window afaik? The barrel break animation lasts several frames for instance meaning you can just hold the attack afterwards and release during the attack animation at no frame loss.

press attack as barrel lands -> release attack and press ds before break animation ends -> release ds and press barrage+barrel macro

someone can correct me if i'm wrong though

10. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    9:16 AM
    Beginner
    Nice work! However it is odd that BM has less dpm with SE vs No Buff. Same for MM.

11. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I've never tried myself so I could be wrong. That was just my understanding from reading the barrel guide. If that's the case then definitely my disclaimer isn't as important as the other 2.

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I would recommend trying it then.

13. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I can't really. I'd need to have a bucc with the skills first. Someday perhaps.

14. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    The "No buffs part" Just means no external buffs. All these numbers are compared to a baseline in this case 1h hero. It seems that BM is "stronger" but that's simply because some of the other classes in that category are more buff reliant as BM themselves have themselves the only buff they need.

15. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Thats because no buff includes self buffs. You can imagine the first column as if the character is by itself without a party. Archers still have SE, buccs still have SI.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    9:16 AM
    Beginner
    thanks for the clarification, that make sense. so SI literally has no time cast for self buff in comparison vs SE.