1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New to HP washing

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Sombruh, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sombruh

Sombruh Red Snail

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Fortress
    Buccaneer
    Agape
    Hello! I'm new to HP washing and am a bit confused. I'm a Brawler looking to make close-quarter situations safer. Here are a few questions I have:

1. I see guides say to add your 5 level-up AP into HP then use 5 Resets to take away MP and put it into your desired attribute. Why not just skip the long process by putting your 5 AP into your attribute and using the Resets to directly take away MP and put the transfer AP into HP?

2. Actually putting #1 into action, I bought a Reset to try to wash but when I use it my HP and MP are grayed out. I should have above the minimum MP according to forum formulas by at least 100. Why is this the case? (Luck is also grayed at 4 AP total as it is the minimum)

If I have any more I will add them to the thread. Thank you for your help.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:53 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hey here's a quick answer to all your questions.

1. The game physically will not let you do this. The reason Hp washing works is that HP & MP are treated as 1 characteristic stat as far as AP distribution is concerned. You can only take out what you put in.

2. This is because you had no AP in either your HP or MP, as a result, you had nothing to take out. You need to first add your AP to one of them before you can remove it with an AP reset.

3. OP
    OP
    Sombruh

Sombruh Red Snail

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Fortress
    Buccaneer
    Agape
    I think I understand. So HP and MP are the same attribute as far as AP is concerned. Since I haven't put any AP into HP, I can't take out any MP. However, once I put 1 AP into HP I will be able to take out 1 AP from MP to put into STR in my case.

On another note... is it that much of a difference if I started trying to HP wash with some INT equips at high 50s? I'm talk an extra 2-3 MP per level.

4. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    3:53 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    In the long run not much of a difference, but 2-3 mp per lvl isnt enough to hp wash effectively, i would suggest you increase your base int to 50-60 as well as borrow/scroll/buy some int equips. The goal is to reach a certain HP you desire by the time youre ready to boss. If youre only gaining extra 2-3 mp, you can only hp wash once every 4-6 level ups

essentially if youre starting late, you need to make up for it by having higher extra mp per level, and to do that you need higher int

5. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    7:53 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    there is a reason why people told you to use fresh ap.
    you have a skill in your 2nd job that is called hp improvement, it boost the hp you recieve when you add hp,
    but this skill only works with fresh ap if you just transfer from mp to hp it wont work.
    so if you do the short way with just transfering mp to hp you would lose a lot of hp.

also even if your job doesnt have that skill above you should still wash with fresh ap, i tried it out with my archer.

when you transfer from mp to hp as a archer you would fix recieve 16 each wash but if you use fresh ap you have a
    chance to recieve 20-24, but at the end it pure rng what you get :3