1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition: Alternate Weapon/Magic Cancels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango, Jun 10, 2020.

1. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is correct. It's also what I rely on to ensure I get consistent magic cancels during b1 and b2. Essentially if you get a wc, there are occasions where scar will stop attacking after applying a cancel. What I normally do during b1 and b2 is not touch scar after a wc and let it walk around, then once wc goes off I immediately attack it. I have always managed to immediately get a mc right after this and it's consistent magic cancels all the way as the next wc normally happens a good 20s into the mc meaning by the time mc is off, wc will be on cd.

Doesn't work in 3rd body when the boss will keep attacking u no matter what, but if you've done b1 and b2 right you should have plenty of time for b3 anyway.

EDIT: Post below just RIP'd this strat.

2. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:04 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I have just checked the code and that might seems to be the case.
    Though, I will dig more on it to ensure that is the problem. If it is, it will be fixed in next upcoming patch~

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:04 PM
    Honestly I feel what also needs to happen is to extent the cd's on mc/wc so it doesn't get spammed non-stop. Right now there's a c.10s window between when a cancel ends and the start of the next cancel which is far too short when compared to zak/HT.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:04 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's easiest to observe on the Preheads in Horntail. I always grumble when I see the prehead cast magic cancel when weapon cancel is up as it's a lot more in your face about it. It let's you know you're about to lose significant time. :oops:
    EDIT:
    Just watched a quality Selquin HT run on Youtube. I marked all the cancels and if they went through:
    prehead 1:
    m can :15 (happened)
    w can 1:46 (happened)
    m can 1:53
    w can 4:13 (happened)
    m can 4:57
    m can 6:14 (happened)
    w can 6:19
    m can 7:43 (happened)

prehead 2:
    w can 12:11 (happened)
    m can 13:15 (happened)
    w can 13:38
    w can 15:05 (happened)
    m can 17:30 (happened)
    w can 18:58 (happened)
    m can 19:16
    w can 20:43 (happened)

I didn't catch any deathloops of cancels, but it came close at a couple points.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:04 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If any change is made, please make sure that the total time spent in cancels doesn't change!

• Agree Agree x 1