1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Petition to lower level cap for pumpkin slices (Halloween Event 2020)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LunaSong, Nov 2, 2020.

1. LunaSong

LunaSong Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Female
    4:33 AM
    I believe that an event is supposed to be celebrated by everyone without prejudice. Especially when it comes to the delayed, however much cheered Halloween Event 2020, it should be enjoyed equally by every legend.

Regardless, on the very first day of diving into the event has shown to be otherwise. Particularly for Nights of Terror - Jack-O-Lantern, where fellow legends could choose to grind their ways to lucrative prizes from raffles, I noticed that a specific job might have an unreasonable hard time at grinding for the pumpkin slices - the Assassin class.

Assassin has always been a tough job, be it on GMS or ML, due to their single-target abilities without a proper mobbing skill (we gotta admit Avengers is just underpar). Especially when one sin is heavily-washed, requiring them to grind pumpkin slices with mobs with 20-level difference is just unrealistic, let alone a washed sin at higher level who can only grind from mobs with level 110+. As we all know, on ML, mages have always been 'overpowered' when it comes to the grinding senses. While it is natural that it is their much respected speciality, comparing a level 120 mage to a level 120 assassin could prove that anyone who mains on a sin is just pathetic. Secondly, the maps for mobs with level 110+ are very limited, possibly only ToT, Skeles, and Petris. Competitions to mapownership of these maps could be devastating too.

Considering that the motto of ML has always been asking the players to 'pick the job as you like', as well as 'washing is optional', I believe that one who has picked to wash as a sin should not be punished so severly, especially when the player actually mains on an Assassin.

Thus, I would like to raise to your attention and consideration in lowering the level cap, possibly from 110+ to 95+, to ease up the grinding process for Assassins, as well as allowing lesser competitions for maps (i.e. China: Mountainside could even be a good map to grind at).

Thank you.

LunaSong

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Yes. Shaolin is insanely crowded right now. And the weird loot mechanism for the pumkin piece make sharing a map immpossible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fleur25

Fleur25 Blue Snail

Mar 27, 2020
    Female
    1:33 PM
    I/L Wizard
    I agree. I started on ML with a main BM and didn’t know/start washing until 80-90. So with a lower HP and lower damage, it’s very difficult for 13x BM to not only find a map, but also to kill mobs for pumpkin pieces in what I would consider reasonable 1-2 hrs for a daily quest. The first day, I only found 40 pieces in 2 hours (finding a map and then grinding at 3-4) and then had to finish a “daily” quest on the second day and finish picking up 60 pieces at skele in 2-3 hrs while dying 3x.

I understand every class is different and love being a BM main. However, I don’t think a daily event should take more than 2 hrs tops for those of us who have other priorities.

I’d like to request to either increase the drop rate for classes like us or open it up for 95-100+ monsters. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    4:33 PM
    bigbutts
    Personally I have multiple chars over and under lvl 70, for the ones under lvl 70 who can’t do the raffle and for the few I have that are washing and over lvl 70... I just bite the bullet. Just the nature of hp washing I guess. I’d rather have a difficult time farming on my chars washing than have an overflow of raffles on the server. Yeah it sucks but it is what it is.
    You can always snipe nest golems if you’re lvl 130 ;-; what I’m trying to say is you have to sacrifice kill power for hp washing. Can’t have your cake and eat it too xD But it would be nice to have no lvl 20 requirement after 110 or so

imagine being able to farm pumpkin pieces into infinity :eek: shid would be OP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Yeah i kind of agree with you here. At first glance I thought this was a thread about allowing low lvs to raffle. I did the raffle on my lv 80 260 base int MU mule(no shadow parter, no maple wep) it was a struggle but definitely possible

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    LunaSong

LunaSong Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Female
    Yes I figured it'd be the same for bms too, just i couldn't speak for them since i do not know many bms. But one of my friends too was telling me it'd be hard for bms since arrow rain was pretty weak. Same could happen to sair but again, i don't know how their 'bird gen' scales.

7. OP
    OP
    LunaSong

LunaSong Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Female
    Nope, last hitting doesn't work. Also not everyone has mules, just like Fleur25 (the guy above you), many of them actually main-ed on those 'hardcore' jobs (i.e bm/sin/sair) without knowing hp washing was a thing. Even without washes, these classes could still have hard times grinding at higher level mobs, specially those above 110+. Note that a level 80 sin could still grind at say, nightghosts with 7,1k hp, but a level 13x nl could only grind at skeles/petries, both having wooping 80k hp. The hp pool scales 10x but i don't think the damage of sins do the same without buffs.

I've spoken to a few sin friends, on average, they're spending 3-4hours to get 100 pumpkin slices, while a mage could do it in 15, top 30-40 mins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Can you share how long/where you took, to do the 100 pumkin piece on your 260 INT lv80 hermit.

And the mob scales really hard (and much fewer choice) for lv100 onwards.
    I dont have one, but I doubt the efficiency of a 4int lv120 -130ish NL/BM at shaolin or skele (i think petri is possible as well with lv110 requirement).
    It is like unfarmable for them. It might be ok to kill the mob for exp, but when you want to farm for 100 drops with say 20% rate each, its a different ball park together.
    Feel free to correct me

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Took my MU mule about 40 minutes at mannies

10. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    I main an int corsair rn I feel it lol
    We’re on the same page

I think if you’re 120+ the range could be 30 instead of 20 that’d help a bit

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Try killing Crimson Guardians in the room inside keep. They have incredibly narrow attack range and 0 knockback, and the map has fairly small amount of spawns.

12. snow5412

snow5412 Snail

Aug 12, 2020
    I totally agree with you here...........

My friends who are mage class finish the 100 etc in a matter of less than 10 minutes....

While me an NL and few other friends who are Bucs and Warriors took estimated about 1hr30mins to finish the quest... Plus the drop rate is quite low especially for classes that can't mob

13. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    It took me 1 hour 4 hitting voodoos with lucky 7.
    I think NLs used to train on skels back in the day when there was no other options. But thinking about it the 13xrange is probably pretty tough. I cant imagine it being impossible though.
    If the levels dont get changed you could try some of the tot areas, i think the ice one is 110(also has some really nice drops) or sniping newties as another suggested. 11x ish hermits used to train there. Alternatively try to find a bowman to team up with for your farm.

If it doesnt get changed hopefully you can find something to work for you. But keep in mind farming is generally one of the downsides to those classes while being insane at bossing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    LunaSong

LunaSong Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Female
    While I totally agree with this statement, from an event perspective, it shouldnt be in this way. Since the downside for these classes has always been at farming, that is the whole reason why leeches exist (they can't grind, so they have to pay to level). I'm not arguing about 'these classes should be made in that way they could farm even after washes', however, I'm trying to say 'an event shouldn't have not allowing specific classes to participate efficiently. Especially if we're comparing mages to bms/nls, the difference in time-spent grinding for slices is huge!

Based on your statement, it only seems logical to allow bosses to drop multiple pumpkin slices for these classes instead, only this would become fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Not saying it’s viably easy for a NL but ToT is where I’m hunting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. likey

likey Timer

Jan 12, 2018
    Latch
    Bowmaster
    Perion
    i agree!! i dragged my irl friend to play legends and he started off as a priest. i told him we can do night of terrors for raffle and i regretted it instantly.... i made a hermit along with his priest and i have base int and it hurts tryna farm pumpkins, especially when u can't loot party pumpkins or last hit mobs. :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    10:33 PM
    Camper
    Yeah my bucc is having a very, very bad time..
    At least buff the drop rates a tad, it's limited to once per 24h anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Or just make it 50 pieces or something.
    The spring event was hunting 1 green book....this feels like hunting 100 green books (not that bad, but still)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    LunaSong

LunaSong Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Female
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Level cap has been lowered to 100 so hopefully more maps and mobs are now viable.

Good luck out there!

• Friendly Friendly x 6