1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pricing model of equipment according to stats

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Gabriel Seng, Aug 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Gabriel Seng

Gabriel Seng Blue Snail

Jun 27, 2021
    Male
    11:11 AM
    xhamster
    Bishop
    This game has not been invaded by quants yet, I assume. In this thread, I will attempt to derive a general idea of a pricing model for eqs with respect to their stats.

In this game, the types of scrolls are:
    • 100% scrolls, which are absolute junk most of the time
    • 60/70% scrolls, which give the same average stats
    • 10/30% scrolls, which gives amazing stats
    • chaos, ws and css, which complicates everything a little bit
    The idea is that we can form equations of value relating stats of eqs and their price. Let f(x, s) be a function of the price of our desired eq, and x is the stat/stats that affect the price of an eq the most, and s is the number of slots left. Also, let p(pct) be the price of a scroll usable to the eq, e.g. p(60% wand ma) = 200k. Let t and t* be the amount of added x when a 60/70% and 10/30% scroll passes respectively. To give an example:

If we are interested in the price of a wand, it is determined by its tma:
    • f(x, s) where x = tma
    • p(60%) = price of wand ma 60% = 200k, p(10%) = 600k etc
    • t = 3, t* = 8, as passing each 60/70% and 10/30% scroll increases tma by 3 and 8 respectively
    Then, whenever possible, we can form the following equations:
    • f(x, s) + p(60%) = 0.6*f(x+t, s-1) + 0.4*f(x, s-1)
    • f(x, s) + p(70%) = 0.7*f(x+t, s-1) + 0.15*f(x, s-1)
    • f(x, s) + p(10%) = 0.1*f(x+t*, s-1) + 0.9*f(x, s-1)
    • f(x, s) + p(30%) = 0.3*f(x+t*, s-1) + 0.35*f(x, s-1)
    And they are for the most basic 60/70/10/30% scrolls. More equations can be formed with the other scrolls. Note that for a piece of stat, there can be many implied prices. I propose that, as a rational maplelegends player, the price of a scrolled equipment would be such that it is the minimum price out of all implied prices:

f(x, s) = min for all scrolling possibilities of f(x, s)

Yea, so that's the basic idea. I do have a spreadsheet made for this, but it's not very complete. Also, a condition for comonotonicity of stats/slots should exist somehow which I do not know of (because I'm getting negative values in my spreadsheet).

Very useful assumptions/extensions when using this model:
    • Assume prices as the lowest price such that item sells instantly, and then put a premium on top of scrolled item prices.
    • Assume that the prices of scrolls/equipments stay constant and you don't affect the market in any way, or just assume that you do affect the market and input a higher price of the scrolls
    • Sometimes prices of equipment are determined by more than 1 stat e.g. dex and luk, a higher dimensional table might be needed, if you're such a nerd like me :)
    That's it for this post, I hope it has a good balance between length/depth (that's what she sa...). Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions/ideas!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.