1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PVP: The Legends Return

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by redblueblur, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:

PVP Arena

1. Yes, ASAP

4.5%
  2. Yes, Don't mind waiting for import/coding

22.7%
  3. No

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    2:05 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    return-of-the-legendary-fighters.png
    In my time playing MapleLegends, I felt the need for the community to be able to face off against rivals/ friends on an equal and fun level playing field (where item gears do not apply and outcome is solely based on skills/ tactics). Recalling that there was a previous version that allows players to do so and hoping maybe "The Legends Return" which is a minigame (PVP Arena) could be added to FM/ Spinel/ Dimension portals.

This being said, i believe will also complement the server's user activity levels as most of the content updates have been viewed as mostly just targeted towards the Competitive (in terms of bossing/gears) players and a lack of content for those Non-Competitive players. Keeping in mind that the server community is made up of mainly 2 groups; Competitive and Non-Competitive players.

Community's Needs:
    • Equal and Fun levelled playing field of Competitiveness
    • Content to appreciate both Competitive and Non-Competitive users
    • Let off some steam
    • Display and hone tactical skills
    Eyegasm Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnMCm0k7CM

Features of this PVP Arena:
    • Players choose their 1 main role from 5 main Adventurer classes. (which has skills true to their nature of job; Mages being relatively AOE and Warriors being Tanky)
    • 3 v 3 concept
    • Level up via killing opponents/ monsters
    • Earn gold via killing opponents/ monsters.
    • New Skills points per level up. (level it using gold collected)
    • 10mins /round

Tweaks we could explore (to make this PVP Arena Non-exploitable):
    1) Rewards /round may come in the form of:

- Random NX(non-tradable w expiry date)

- Experience points (Formula: example [LevelCap - CurrentLevel]*[kills]*[0.01], using values for a lvl 120 participant w 10 kills(an avg kill score on the high end): [200-120]*[10]*[0.01] = 8%
    *Noting that each match lasts 10mins and this gives a relatively fair exp per min of 0.8%/min.
    *Also, with kills being one of the main contributing factor in terms of variable of the exp formula (0 kills = 0 exp), it'd make the match a more bloody scene just like '300'. =3

- Mesos per kill (Formula: [kills]*[10,000 mesos], with an average of again 10 kills per round of 10mins; [10]*[10,000] = 100,000 mesos.)

Let's make this an collective effort, your feedback is valuable to this being a Legend (pun intended).

*Disclaimer: Forumla is solely just made up from my perspective, feel free to comment on edits and I'll edit where deem fit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    2:05 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    i have a feeling this is gonna be hard to implement on v62 client considering PVP came out in later later versions

3. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I cannot deny that it'll be hard to implement, but maybe this will give the community and non-bossing enthusiast (yes u, u fm hoes) something to look forward to in the future and stay engaged in terms of activity where item gear is not in the equation. =3

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Let me clarify, when I say hard, I meant nearly impossible.

If I remeber correctly, v62 clients differ from future versions that make it very hard to export contents from future versions.

Contents from versions between v62 and v83, like Neo Tokyo, are able to be implemented since the system doesn't differ too much. Pre big-bang, similar code.

PVP is from way too far ahead.

With other updates the staffs are focused on, this will likely not be implemented forever, even if possible.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    Yeah custom UI interfaces that are not in the v62 client are more less impossible to implement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    1:05 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    Remember the PvP that came out in 2011? that was the best game I ever played in ms lol.. If it were to be in maplelegends I would play it a lot. I prefer those kind of games than grinding and bossing or the normal things in the games themselves. Idk if it's possible, or maybe this game can have a similar pvp or its own pvp if it's too hard the other ones.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:05 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I remember doing some pvp on GMS. It was kind of fun actually. But of course hackers ruin it. There's the real nostalgia for ya.

9. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
  10. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    3:05 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Remembering my first PvP match in KMS with my mechanic and getting thrashed badly because of ping SlimeXD

11. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    8:05 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I only remember PvP being really bad, to the point that you couldn't find a game and even then just trying it once made you quit.
    I don't think Maple is the type of game for PvP. Closest we got to it was monster carnival.

12. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    3:05 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Geez another thing that Dark Knights will not shine at all.

13. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    1:05 PM
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    I got an idea. We don't really have to make PvP head-to-head, but a very small map to fight each other indirectly like the old mario ( https://youtu.be/-neB3L1iuPk?t=368 )

Or not even just a survival map where you can use some trick so the others die first. For example the map kind of like some jump quest, if you jump to one specific platform, it will summon a mushmom on other's head. Or some button somewhere to make the saw goes everywhere, bullet goes everywhere, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.