1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding voting, vote abuse, and GTOP

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    8:15 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I could rarely vote now since GTOP hates my IP(it happened after the releasing of Vote Streak) and Im also tired of contacting them each time I vote... sigh...
    I have got 20k NX total 2 weeks lately...

And btw, does it matter to be in the top rank of GTOP, I tried all the normal-like server on the list (MLs was my first tho) around 6 - 8 servers I has tried, some even only has 50 active players daily and I still find it worthy and spent 6 months there for ppl are so nice and warm-hearted.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  2. Boogie

Boogie Blue Snail

Jun 2, 2019
    6:15 AM
    Does this mean that I am able to vote via my wi-fi on account A and then on my phone via data on account B in the same 24-hour window?

And will I still be able to do this even if I have a sibling doing the same thing?

i.e her voting on the same wi-fi for her account A then her voting on her phone (same data plan) for her account B all within the same 24-hours?

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:15 PM
    Moderator Post
    Yes.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    No. Your normal wifi will only be able to be used 1 time per voting period, which resets every day at a certain time. But yes, you can both use your phone data to get extra votes.

An vote requires 2 conditions from GTOP. 1) a unique mac address, and 2) a unique ip address.

The mac address is typically tied to your hardware (phone, laptop, etc), and the ip address is typically tied to the internet connection.

5. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Any advice on being able to vote for phone data? I have not been able to vote on mobile wifi for over a month now. Ive tried using incognito and clearing all history and it always says I have already voted. Even though i dont vote on my phone at all. I have emailed gtop 4 times since mid november and have not had a response from them.
    I want to get a pet and equips for my alt char without breaking my 40 day voting streak

It used to work for me

6. SamuraiDucky

SamuraiDucky Blue Snail

Jul 18, 2022
    Male
    SupremeDit
    Beginner
    Is this rule still active? Just downloaded w/ my girl & we weren't trying to get banned lol

7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:15 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You can vote on as many accounts as you wish