1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:28 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Not gonna comment about whether this is a good suggestion, but this part caught my eye. Let's see.

1 hour of grinding at skeles require about 600 ginseng roots for me. They cost 2,100 mesos each, so that's at a total cost of 1.26m mesos.

They heal 40% of HP and MP, giving me a total of 749 HP and 4982 MP per pot.

749 * 600 = 449400 HP
    4982 * 600 = 2989200 MP

Other alternatives I would use if there were no NLC pots:
    Sunset Dew - 5100 MP for 10,200 mesos
    Unagi - 1000 HP for 1,100 mesos

To get the same amount of HP and MP that I would have gotten from ginseng roots, I would need to spend a total of 6.5m in pots (for an hour of grinding).

If people are willing to pay around 8-10m/hour for leech, then yes your suggestion of leeching making up the cost of training would be viable.

2. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:28 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Just pointing out something. You aren't including looting. Are you saying no valuables drop? You get one weapon, that's like 500k right there. Not to mention other gears and minor scrolls and skill books which may or may not be worth putting effort into calculation. But still.

I've never actually played a bishop vs skeles before, but let me ask: why not use mana bulls and heal between genesis waves? I know you can't rely on heal all the time, so you'll need hp pots... but on the other hand, I do know it can take a few seconds for mobs to respawn. You should have plenty of time. Are you just spamming genesis nonstop? Also, do you even try picking up items?

3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:28 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Ok, I see what you want, you want mages to becomes obsolete, only mage class that will actually be able to sustain themselves will be bishops, since thats the only job that people would be willing to pay 8-10m for leech.

Then you have the other 2 mage classes, 6k mana per attack, AT LEVEL 10, and people dont like buying leech from them, because no hs. Are you seriously trying to kill your own class?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hm right. Because in order to not be obsolete, you have to be able to leech while making insane exp and millions of mesos hand over fist... :rolleyes:

5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    No, you have to be able to afford potions, which you will not be able to do without NLC pots as a mage, because it takes 6k mana at level 10. And noone will buy leech that expensive. You will lose more mesos than you will make, is it so hard to understand?

Incase you don't understand this, mages will use 10m or so per hour, and without selling leech, the most you could make with some very good luck would be 5-8m. Also to add to this, mages do not have heal, so they also need hp potions, wow, more costs.

So, see what the problem is?

6. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:28 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Leech costs right now are minimum 5m/hour, taking meso and equipment loot into consideration (so yes, I pick up items). Whatever else that comes from leech payment is the profit we make. If pot costs are going to increase by 5m, expect leech prices to go up proportionally. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that nobody is going to offer leech at no profit to themselves, unless you're helping friends out.

Fair that you made a disclaimer that you never been a bishop at skeles, but if you have been you would see how healing is pretty much non-relevant to pot costs. Their magic attack hits for 3.5K+, meaning it's basically a 2 hit ko for us. Considering every one of us (at best) 2-hit skeles, there would be little or no time to heal in between genesis. Especially when you may have 3-5 skeles blasting their magic attacks at you at one time after the first genesis. It's not just about killing them, healing, and waiting for the next spawn.

7. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    10:28 PM
    Snail
    Neko didn't say he agreed with your post.

The point I am trying is that you're not in the range of players that are affected by these potions. This is like taking away mana elixirs from lower level characters. These potions are in no way affecting you positively, or negatively. You're level 89. I am not dissing your level. Your level is an accomplishment in itself. However the mana usage of your level compared to that of those that you are referring to is incomparable. You're asking to change something that does not affect you and have no experience as to how the costs affect you or the potions affect you. You said so yourself that you have no experience in this matter.

I will not disagree that the higher levels, mostly Bishops, carry a large amount of the weight in meso, but that is why a majority of them chose that class to begin with. But this is true as much as it is the fact that they earned it. People pick their classes also based on how they want to play the game and their funding. Bishops are GREAT for funding. They are the funding class of Maplestory. Classes like NL and Bowman are more centered towards bossing, and require more funding.

I am 100% against this suggestion, which I feel I've made painfully obvious. Every suggestion is looked at and appreciated. I should reword myself, it's not that I don't understand you're suggestion, because I do. Personally, I just don't see NLC pots as any bit negative or needing to be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's not really a problem. It becomes a tradeoff the way it should have been. You get extremely good exp at the cost of blowing through your mesos.

There's quite a few other 4th job skills out there with only a tiny fraction of the cost. And if you can afford to train before 4th job, you can definitely afford to train afterward. The problem I see is this insanely fast leveling being too cheap. So the suggestion is here to fix it.

@Noods@Noods: yeah I didn't mean bothering to heal while you have aggro on you shooting beams. But there's certainly got to be little windows of down time every 10 seconds or so.

@Yell@Yell: I've played other servers and been 4th job you know. Is it really wise to be bashing my level, when the max level you've achieved here is 45?

Also, all these potion costs affect my character on the server indirectly. Where others choose to leech because they can afford it, I put my mesos towards trying to scroll my gear and improve my character. I'm now lower level than a lot of people I LPQd with. But then when I go to buy scrolls, I find the price of the mage scrolls just going higher and higher. You ever wonder why it is? Is it just because mages are so darn popular? Or is it because the class in general, especially priests and bishops accumulate so much money, they can just buy whatever they want whenever they want?

Anyway. It's absolutely not like taking away mana elixirs. Completely invalid comparison. A strawman even, if that. Mana elixirs were here from the very beginning of the game, and they really don't change much. You gotta recover MP somehow. What are players going to do, use blue pots their whole life? FYI mana elixirs and blue potions have around the same mp / meso cost ratio. So there's really no point in comparing them to mana bulls.

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Horny Mushroom

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Narnia
    9:28 PM
    Bliss
    Bishop
    Majestic
    You do realize you're the only one asking/whining/protesting for this right? That and Ryan who strangely agrees with you. Aside from that point, if I were buying sunset dews for the rest of my life, my price of leech and others I can safely say we'd charge at least double or triple the amount thus there will be a rampant inflation in leech due to your suggestion. And if NLC pots were removed I can't even begin to understand why you would think that there would be inflation when there are lots of items in the FM has been deflating? Have you even been looking at the stores? I know I wrote a response to your post earlier in the other thread and I could have just copy and pasted but clearly you don't understand how economics work.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    I can say the same, Lionheart. GMS was my domain before big bang, but this is not GMS. The economy works different than GMS as the player base isn't the same.

There are more issues affecting my gameplay in MapleLegends than you know about. While I love this server very much, I don't have as much time to level as I'd wish. I also specifically said I was not bashing your level, please, do not feel offended! You're opinions matter just as much as everyone else. I simply feel as though you are overestimating the effects of NLC pots on the server.
    Taking these off of the server does more to hurt it than it does to help it.

I have put my opinion down, as you asked for one of the staff members to voice. I have nothing left to say.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LadyKat

LadyKat Snail

Jun 23, 2015
    Female
    7:28 PM
    LadyKat
    Magician
    iit: thank one guy looking for an ~authentic challenge~ because his dopamine receptors have become worn down by long playtime and are no longer getting any buzz off playing the game at the normal level.

12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    So basically, you want mage ultimates to be too expensive to use and for mages to have to train with other 4th jobs skills. You want what makes mages viable as a choice (since they are useless at bosses ) to not be usable anymore.

Seems like a very smart way to solve inflation. Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  13. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I'm not necessarily for this idea, but I think its important to look at the math to see whether or not bishops would actually have to charge 2-3x as much for leech if these pots were removed.

This is going mostly off of what Noodles said:
    Current:
    -Pot costs = -1.25mil per hour
    -Leech = +5mil per hour
    -Drops = +1-2mil per hour (probably, this should be confirmed by bishops)
    For a total profit of around 5 mil per hour PLUS bonus exp for having 1 leecher

No NLC Pots:
    -Pot costs = -6.5mil per hour
    -Leech = 5-15mil per hour (Including not changing the price and what people are saying they'll need to increase leech price to)
    -Drops = 1-2mil per hour
    For total profit of -.5mil (worst case scenario with drops and lowest price leech) --> 10.5 (most expensive leech and drops) mil per hour Plus bonus exp from a leecher

So before you say ridiculous things, like tripling the price of leech, remember that this won't make training impossible or make leeching unviable. A bishop is still getting boosted exp AND profit from just a small increase in leech price if nlc pots are removed. Maybe bishops should be more reasonable with what they'll accept from leeching profit. SlimeXD (lol jk bishops please love me)

That being said, i'm not a huge fan of this idea. It seems to screw over every class that isn't a mage just to balance bishops, and is a misguided attempt at solving some of the balance issues with maple.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

Ok, but seriously. I'm the one that doesn't understand how economics work? You do realize that the price of one particular good or service going up isn't a good way to measure inflation, right? Also, "inflation" as I've been using it has all been referring to the supply of mesos. So once again, because the price of leeching would go up purely due to potion expenses increasing, it's also nothing to do with inflation.

And sure there's some deflation. I've seen the wand scrolls, the crossbow scrolls, axe scrolls, generally crap being spit out by the server population that there just isn't enough demand for. And the steelies. Because ghost ship and MP3 are farmed nonstop, steelies are constantly flooding the server.

But I've also seen prices of some things increasing. Particularly items for mages? Ele wands, oa ints, shield glove magic attacks? I remember I could easily buy shield MA for 2.5m. Now I'm lucky to find it at 3.5m at least. Do you think it's a coincidence that it's the mage items increasing most prominently?

Besides, look at all the big ticket items and actually valuable and desired scrolls. I'd bet you that the price of a PAC has gone up significantly compared to what they were last month. Because these things are so rare, the items themselves can't really flood the server like other things.

I think you're being too whiny and drastically blowing the effects this would have out of proportion. Mages have always had the tools to be viable. Making their ultimate expensive (as it should be) doesn't make them useless. The class itself isn't even useless. You have such a downer attitude, only seeing genesis as useful, you may as well just quit your bishop and reroll a NL since pretty much all the endgame of maplestory is bossing bossing bossing!

15. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Ok, I see that you cant understand simple logic or math, discussing this with you is pointless, have fun trying to get this implemented.

Won't happen ever, but good luck trying.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jasmine

Jasmine Horny Mushroom

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Narnia
    Bliss
    Bishop
    Majestic
    You do realize that NLC pots have nothing to do with what you get from gachapon right? And Sam based off of Noodles' leech pricing, doubling the price would be perfectly normal however, there are quite a few bishops who charge 7-7.5m/hr at skeles (not to mention there's also one who sells at 10-12m at current costs). If the current pots were sunset dews, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it for 15m/hr (which was an estimate from Franco) which thus would be triple Noodles' leeching price.

17. DontStop

DontStop Red Snail

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Stop
    Hermit
    Majestic
    If mages are making huge profits from leeching, sure, removing NLC pots will make them earn less. But what about all the other classes who also depend on those cost efficient pots, who are already burning through their wallets even with access to the NLC pots? (Mainly warriors and other 4th jobs depend a lot on NLC pots, and even more for dks who are going for 30k hp.) You can't simply suggest an idea where the trade offs will damage the rest of the game even harder than mages.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    This was a a good laugh lad, no way in hell this will get accepted.

19. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    NLC pots and gashapon ARE related. Just not directly. If you remove NLC pots, pot expenses for mages and bishops goes up. This drains mesos from the server, whether or not they are playing solo or leeching. So as the additional pot cost drains mesos from the server, it means less are available in the players' hands. This means overall, when a rare item comes from gash, those interested in the item are either unable or unwilling to pay higher prices. It's simple really.

You know what happens to the other classes? They aren't affected nearly as badly, unless they decide to try and buy a leech. You know why? Because they don't have MP pools exceeding 10k.

@Sucre@Sucre: Just because I disagree with you, it doesn't mean I'm stupid. I mean I get it. You love your easy mode grinding and cheap leeching and hate changing anything because it wouldn't be GMS like. Who doesn't like 90% off discounts?

20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I have never paid for leeching and if I was ever leeched it wasn't by a bishop, get your facts straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.