1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:13 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think these potions make the game way too easy. When you are higher level, it's really easy to make money. And also, when you are higher level, that's when these potions become very efficient, and their recovery per meso just keeps going up and up as you get stronger. Eventually this is just going to ruin the server economy with inflation.

Now I already saw what some people replied. Will this hurt players struggling for money? Generally, it won't. It won't because these potions only really become good at higher levels. Barbarian elixirs are an average deal, but Sorcerer elixirs are quite a steal. Still, it would be a while until most characters other than mages even get MP reasonably above 1500 to use these effectively. By that time, you should be on stable financial footing anyway.

Then there's the honsters, mana bulls, ginger ales... They make elixirs and power elixirs obsolete. By removing or making these potions much more expensive, the people who really get hit are the high level mages and bishops. And guess what? Everyone agrees they do pretty damn well anyway!

So are you high level players struggling with money? I don't mean to sound like an elitist prick, but you're just doing something wrong. Skills like genesis, meteor shower, and blizzard are SUPPOSED to be expensive. That is their one balancing and redeeming quality in the name of balance, and yet NLC pots make their expense laughable. But then there's leeches. Just by leeching, you more than make up the cost of your training. So why complain if your pots get more expensive?

TLDR: Remove NLC pots for the good of the server, despite player whining and protests. Just do it. Failure to do so means rampant inflation will be upon us.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    10:13 PM
    This is the worst suggestion ever.Those elixirs are still in EMS current version and GMS version,so why remove something which is/was since the beggining in every version...

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think whether or not they're in GMS doesn't mean a thing. Who knows why they came up with these items and added them in at such ridiculous prices in the first place? It really doesn't make any sense. I remember my nostalgic experience with MS a long time ago. The best potions were reindeer milks and sunset dews... and of course, elixirs and power elixirs if they were available. My only guess is they wanted NLC to seem like some cool place, and the only reason anyone would ever visit their new little chunk of content was iTCG and special OP pots.

Of course, with all these new potions far more superior to everything else that came before them, players would be happy. Do you think everyone on this server would be happy if they suddenly gained 50 million mesos? I think they would at first. But then the economic consequences set in. If you look at GMS and EMS servers, every single one of them is plagued by out-of-control inflation. Look at Royals too. Sometimes you wonder if mesos are even worth anything.

4. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    9:13 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    R.I.P solo bishop life Kappa

5. Henesys

Henesys Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Henesys Hunting Ground I
    2:13 PM
    Henesys
    Bowmaster
    R.I.P Neko in general Kappa

6. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    2:13 PM
    Tank
    Uh... just no

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Nah, I just know Neko can get through this without breaking a sweat. :p

All you have to do is increase your leeching price! Or start hoarding elixirs....

8. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    12:13 PM
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    No.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Crystalis

Crystalis Horny Mushroom

May 28, 2015
    Male
    3:13 PM
    Crystalis
    Bandit
    I don't like this idea at all. It makes training much more expensive. Do you really want to spend the equivalent of about 14,000 mesos PER Blizzard/Meteor Shower? Not to mention Warrior Elixirs are great for all non-mage classes, and Supreme Pizzas are one of the most cost efficient HP/MP recovery items in the game for 2nd job Thieves, Pirates and Bowmen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:13 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    OnionPissed

You are only thinking about mages. High levels that arent mages don't usually sell leech, they buy it. And if you balance the money you get from using potions and mesos by killing they would never earn mesos for themselves.
    Maplestory is a capitalist system, the rich get rich and the poor stay poor unless they make an effort, gotta deal with it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Noam

Noam Master Chronos

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    Free Market
    10:13 PM
    HappyMapling
    Hunter
    I don't like the idea

12. booty

booty Mano

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Booty
    Hermit
    cant wait 4 rampant inflation

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It really depends on the level of blizzard and meteor storm. Maximum cost at 3400 x2 MP per cast should be more like 13,600 mp per cast. It gets lower than that at max level. Bishops, the most notorious leechers have it cheaper without amp. It's a minor nitpick, but anyway, that's a good question. Would you want to spend that much per meteor or blizzard shower? Maybe if the cost caused people to hesitate, these ultimates wouldn't be used willy nilly as a fast and easy tool to shoot up in levels. Maybe if NLC pots never existed in the first place, we wouldn't have 10 of the top 15 ranked as mage classes, and all 5 of the top 5.

Also, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't say we should remove those other elixirs. In fact, maybe they could be changed a bit. Thief elixir could give 20 avoidability, bowman elixir 20 accuracy. I mean, there's bless anyway. Doesn't seem like if these two potions were changed to something a bit more useful it would hurt. But I do think the cost of stuff like grilled cheese and supreme pizza could also be adjusted slightly..

And who leeches the high levels? Obviously someone who is also higher level or even stronger, right? Either way, if the pot cost increases, so will the leeching cost. Maybe to the point where it's not worth leeching and would be more cost-effective to train yourself.

Mages are a hot topic because of all the feelings (both for and against) this community has about leeching. Also, this change would affect mages the most. If you have 10,000 MP, a modest estimate by time a mage class hits 4th job, a mana bull will recover 6000 MP, but it only costs 2.8k.

Sunset Dew: 5000 MP / 10200 meso = .49 mp per meso
    Mana Bull: 6000 MP / 2800 meso = 2.14 mp per meso

And this disparity only gets bigger the higher level you get, and with HB. Most other classes aren't affected nearly as much. There's the warrior classes and brawlers though. Once you hit around 4.8k HP, it's also more efficient to just use honsters to recover your HP.

My point is it's too damn easy. 2.8k meso a pop, recover 6000, 8000, 10000 MP no problem. On top of selling leeches. It's practically a free ride! The point is to just make the game more difficult as it should have been. You know what else was also a big part of Maplestory? Trading off meso gain and efficient pot usage for leveling speed. With these NLC pots, we toss it all out the window. It's nothing to do with rich vs poor.

@Kimberly@Kimberly , @Navi@Navi , @Gi@Gi , @Sam_Vosh@Sam_Vosh

I'd much appreciate if all the spammy one word (or equivalent responses) are gone. I do specifically remember you admins agreeing it was spam. So hey gaiz. If you strongly disagree with this topic but are too lazy to write something constructive, Like someone else who actually managed to form a coherent argument.

14. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    This is irrelevant. NLC pots were there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Irrelevant? How so? Sure, they were there at v62. And I'm sure they were there in the update NLC came out in. But they weren't in before.

So should the server be locked into pure vanilla v62? Should we not be allowed to take out things and add features from other versions? I strongly disagree.

16. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    I actually agree with this. I'm on a plane on my phone so I can't type a long response as to why right now, but I just want you to know I think that changes should be made to the NLC pots.

Edit: wow after reading thru the responses I realize I'm completely wrong and there is no way this will never work or be implemented.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  17. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I love how you say that NLC pots should be removed, and selling leech will still make up for potion cost, easy to see that you know nothing about mana costs.

The 10k potions, that heal for 5k mana already give me less mana than the NLC pots I use.

Buying 1k of those would be worth 10m, and I would get less genesis uses out of them than I would roots, which is what I use. This would make leeching essentially become obsolete or 10m+ per hous at the minimun,

And thats considering that I use genesis lv 10 which costs 3k mana, imagine someone who uses meteor or blizzard, they use 6k mana per attack at lv 10.

Your suggestion needs to be changed to something else, just doing this is not a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Let me ask you this: if you were in Neko, Franco, or the other higher level players, would you use these potions?

If your answer was yes, then you should be able to make an inference on whether or not this suggestion is likely to be accepted or not. If your answer was no, then I don't know what to say other than just don't buy them?

I can tell you though that this is the first complain I have ever heard about NLC potions having a negative impact on gameplay, and very likely the last out. I'm appreciate your opinions and respect them, but this suggestion, put bluntly, makes no sense.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Grilled cheese is life

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You know what? I'm using them NOW on my lv 81 mage. I've barely got 6k MP, but the thing is that these potions are so imbalanced, it's actually more cost efficient to sell any normal MP pots I find, then use those mesos for more mana bulls.

So yes, if I were them, I'd use them. I am using them. And I'm only doing it because they're there, and they're the most efficient potion. If everyone else has access to the potions, I see no reason not to use them as well. I'd only be putting myself at a retarded self-imposed disadvantage if I decided to only use sunrise dews, meanwhile Billy Bishop gets 5x the bang for his buck. You just can't compete to buy scrolls when your costs are that much higher than others'.

Strangely, Neko actually liked the OP. Maybe he could explain why. :cautious:

If the suggestion doesn't make sense, I don't know what to tell you. Go back and re-read it? No, that probably won't work.

Gee, I don't know. Is it such a hard concept to get that maybe grinding at high levels is too cost-efficient? That the potions are too strong for their cheapness? That maybe once upon a time potions that healed a percent of your HP/MP were a lot more rare and not merely found at NPCs? Is it really hard to understand that if someone is only paying 2.8k for potions when normally they'd be paying like 20k, there will be economic repercussions down the road?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.