1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Repurposing dPm fOuRtY fIvE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joota, Jun 15, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    10:26 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    People have been using dPm fOuRtY fIvE to measure their peepee sizes for a while now, and I'm sure it's used in a constructive way for some groups, but I'd like to say that it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Here's one simple way to use it constructively!

But first...

Target Audience

Who is this for?
    -small groups of friends who want to run HT but aren't sure if they can finish (or don't have enough friends F4)
    -small/new guilds that are just starting to boss and don't have enough people

Who is this not for?
    -guild runs who never have enough spots to include everyone
    -groups with toxic people who shame you for having low DPM (put your peepee away!)
    -probably SelquinSelquin and their crew <3 (jk they probably already do this)

So what I'm recommending is basically for people to figure out how much damage they do in different phases of HT and add them up to compare with HT's actual HP, based on how quickly you wanna finish it.

Implementation

What's needed from hosts:
    -Ask your runners if this is something they are interested in (consent is important!)
    -Add two columns to your HT sign up sheet for DPM Preheads and DPM Body
    -At the end of sign up rows, add one row called Time Goal to indicate how long you want the preheads and body to take (I recommend using 30 min for preheads and 60 min for body so runs don't last forever and you have some flexibility to mess up)
    -Under the Time Goal, add one row called Missing DPM to calculate how much more DPM you need to finish based on your time goal.

Prehead equation: =MAX(0, 660000000/[Time Goal Prehead Cell] - SUM([cells with everyone's Prehead DPM]))
    Body equation: =MAX(0, 2089990000/[Time Goal Body Cell] - SUM([cells with everyone's Body DPM]))

Update: akashskyakashsky recommends using the following equation and getting a @dpm 1 from runners when there are no cancels:
    Prehead equation: =MAX(0, 3/2*660000000/[Time Goal Prehead Cell] - SUM([cells with everyone's Prehead DPM]))

What's needed from runners:
    -During the main body, use @dpm 45 or @dpm 60 depending on how long you think it will take and log your DPM. I'd recommend doing this for several runs and taking an average to get a consistent number.
    -During preheads, try to estimate how long each prehead will take and use @dpm for that amount of time. This won't always be accurate and will vary a lot because of weapon/magic cancels, so do this for at least 5-10 runs and take an average.
    -These also apply for bishops and supporting attackers!!

Update: akashskyakashsky recommends getting @dpm 1 when there are no cancels

Example
    This is what the standard HT sign up sheet might look like:
    upload_2020-6-15_11-1-20.png

This is what I'm proposing you add:
    upload_2020-6-15_11-0-39.png

Try it out and see if it works for your group :D
    If you have other recommendations on how else to make our bossing community more wholesome and fun, please do share them!

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    To account for weapon / magic cancels on preheads, you can multiply their HP by 1.5 since they spend 1/3 of the time in a cancel that causes you to do no damage.

So preheads effectively have 990m HP.

If you have a squad of 6 people, who all can do 5m dpm, you can clear HT in about 1hr 45min.

3. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    akashskyakashsky I thought about that but I thought it's better to keep it simple for everyone by letting repeated DPM make the average instead of adding a theoretical assumption. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're saying get a solid 1min DPM in preheads with no cancel and then use =MAX(0, (3/2*660000000)/[Time Goal Prehead Cell] - SUM([cells with everyone's Prehead DPM])). I'll add that as an option in the OP.