1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning to MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Equalizer, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Equalizer

Equalizer Slime

Sep 22, 2017
    Male
    7:59 PM
    Equalizer
    Dragon Knight
    Hello fellow Maplers :),

Some time has passed since i last played (1-2 years), and I am strongly considering starting again! I've got a lvl 103 DK, and I've got a few questions i would love to get some answers to before i start!

1. Voting seems to be working differently. Heard that we are now allowed to vote on several accounts, is that true? And I also noticed there are two places to vote - can I vote on both? Do not want to start off getting banned for being misinformed :p

2. What has happended in the last year or so? What are the big changes? I saw some thread about crafting your own end game weapons - something about NT, what's that about?

3. Is HP-washing still a thing? Has anything changed in regards to it?

4. I remember i used to grind Mannequins and get a buttload of mesos, but i heard it got nerfed. What are some options for exping / getting mesos at lvl 100-120 as a DK (with good HP)? Mannequinns still viable?

5. If any1 can link me an up to date DK-guide, that'd be awesome!

SO excited to continue my journey! :D

2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    1. Yes you are allowed to vote on all accounts and both websites. Gtop will be checking your ip but that is easily worked around by using different networks.
    2. Nt is the foremost, but crafting items there is kinda difficult (requires you to kill some bosses and do some quests before being able to do it & ingredients are hard to come by)
    3. Basically it's the same thing as it has always been
    4. I'm not very experienced with dk, but you can try to build a newt party or if you find a priest go to himes?
    5. Your google skills are as good as mine

Welcome back!

3. OP
    OP
    Equalizer

Equalizer Slime

Sep 22, 2017
    Male
    Equalizer
    Dragon Knight
    Thanks! What does NT stand for? What is it? :p

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Neo tokyo. It's a new part of the mapleworld that you can access via the water pit in the mushroom shrine ( << of the gachapon)

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:59 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1. yes
    2. We got cwkpq, neo tokyo, and a bunch of balance changes. (Classes have been nerfed / buffed).
    3. Yes, it is easier now since you get more vote nx, and also we have more end game equips that give HP so you need to wash less than before to get the same HP.
    4. I would reccomend himes / gallo for exp, for meso i would suggest doing Nightghost with dragon roar.
    5. I would search for alyosha's modern guide to dark knight.

6. OP
    OP
    Equalizer

Equalizer Slime

Sep 22, 2017
    Male
    Equalizer
    Dragon Knight
    Thank you very much for your reply!

Searching for alyosha's modern guide to dark knight yields the google search "An Outdated guide to dark knight"... Made me lol a bit. Is it this one, but he changed names of it?

7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    OnionMuha

Too much of the guide was centralized on mannequins which makes it too much effort to update. So now it's an outdated guide. I have the impression that there'll be a fair bit more balancing in the near future so I'd probably put some effort into updating after those changes are made. Updating it now would probably just make it outdated in a few months if that's the case.

If you're gonna chase being a DK then I wouldn't go after Neo-Tokyo stuff either, Sky Skis are just the slightest bit better than a perfect Neo-Tokyo Spear(And that gap grows further with stronger attack potions) and the Neo-Tokyo Pole-arm is absolutely trashed by Purple Surfboards. Doing the Neo-Tokyo bosses isn't great on a DK either as to do it optimally is too expensive to cover the costs for some fairly mediocre exp.

Best options for exp are Gallos and Himes, but moneymaking can tend to outdo most training methods if you're willing to leech. From an average of like 10-15 hours of Nightghosts/Cloud Foxes you can expect to make 6-7mil/hr there(Plus gachapons). If you just plan on grinding then gallos are likely the best bet, as they have a couple expensive drops that makes it half-decent money and exp. From 100-120 is where I found the game to be the most boring and repetitive so I started collecting cards and doing the Temple of Time quests as well, it's pretty understandable that a lot of people just leech at that point.

8. OP
    OP
    Equalizer

Equalizer Slime

Sep 22, 2017
    Male
    Equalizer
    Dragon Knight
    Thanks!

What kind of end game equips give more HP now? How much HP we talking?

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  10. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    12:59 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    welcome back to Maple Leg Ends! where you grind until your hands break and start using legs to do the job. Wwwelcome!!! Much love <3