1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework Thief Elixir

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PlaceHolder, May 17, 2023.

1. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    2:59 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    Thief Elixir - Buy this item from Miki (5,000 mesos).
    A special elixir for Thieves. Gives +9 Accuracy and +15 Avoidability for 8 minutes.

Has anyone, in the entire history of this game and its private servers, EVER bought this thing on purpose?
    Assuming the answer is no, I figured it would be nice to give this purple potion a purpose.
    I have three reworks in mind, and any one of them could cause people to actually buy the damn thing.

Rework 1: Have the potion grant some Speed and Jump instead of what it currently provides. A predictable set of values would be +20 Speed, +10 Jump. To make it more distinguished from the farmable Smores, the Jump could be raised to something like +12 Jump. This rework could reduce the need for Haste in OPQ and MPQ.

Rework 2: Have Thief Elixirs take upon the +20 Avoidability from Archer Elixir, and have Archer Elixirs instead grant a favorable amount of Accuracy. The increase could be any value from +15 Accuracy to +35 Accuracy to make Archer Elixirs distinguished from Sniper Pills and Amorian Baskets, but the predictable value would be +20 Accuracy.

Rework 3: Change the cost to 3,750 mesos or less. Boring!

Addendum: Dexterity Pill adds +10 Avoidability.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    10:59 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    ah so you want thieves to get more avoidability and archers less? this will be a popular suggestion

3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:59 AM
    iPippy
    This seems to imply only thieves can use thief elixir and only archer can use archer elixir. Well warrior elixir gives attack, thus only warriors should be allowed to use attack pots. Game finally balanced OnionCourage

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    4:59 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Endure should give MP too

5. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    9:59 AM
    The way how you phrased it kinda makes me feel embarrassed to admit that I actually uses them.. my bucc is just shy a few accuracy away from 100% hitting things like royal guard and a 5 avoid trade for the accuracy has a relatively low effect for a bucc.. :oops:

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not rejecting the idea, I don't really care about the pot tbh, just find it interesting that somehow I just happen to actually use it

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2