1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Non maxed mage ultimate changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soblet, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:36 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd like to propose the following changes to the 4th job magicians ultimate skills Genesis, Meteor Shower and Blizzard. Lower the amount of mobs they hit for the lower skill levels and make the increasing mp cost while leveling up the skills more logical/linear.

Lvl 1 mage ultimate would cost 1600 mp and every level that does not increase the amount of mobs hit will increase mp cost by 50 while the levels that do increase amount of mob hit will increase mp cost by 100.

Damage values remain unchanged for all skill levels and max level 30 remains the same in every way.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Lvl 1 hits 6 mobs mp-1600
    Lvl 4 hits 7 mobs mp-1800
    Lvl 7 hits 8 mobs mp-2000
    Lvl 10 hits 9 mobs mp-2200
    Lvl 13 hits 10 mobs mp-2400
    Lvl 16 hits 11 mobs mp-2600
    Lvl 19 hits 12 mobs mp-2800
    Lvl 22 hits 13 mobs mp-3000
    Lvl 25 hits 14 mobs mp-3200
    Lvl 28 hits 15 mobs mp-3400
    Lvl 30 hits 15 mobs mp-3500

Pros
    Gives mages a more gradual progression into their 4th job skills similar to other jobs
    Gives mages more incentive to go for a bossing early build
    Higher cost for low level leech/farm
    Skill books gain some value
    Harder to setup for our RWT friends

Cons
    Deviates from oldschool maple
    Makes it harder for mages to get through early 4th job

It always seemed off to me that magicians can just start blasting off at level 120 while every other job still struggles with their third job skills. Overall I think this change would result in a net positive for the server but I am very curious to hear what you think.

Cheers

• Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    12:36 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I think a lot of folks overestimate how good early bishops are, because it's still moderately bad grinding 120-130. They don't really need a nerf.

And in the case of F/Ps, it's not strange to see them at FoT misting until like 130 or so, as it tends to be better results than early grinding. Nerfing early mage would cement that meta further.

It mostly hits I/Ls, the down on their luck bully fodder.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Although the suggestion thread got memed into oblivion, I think making mage ult skillbooks untradeable in addition to these changes would make for an interesting rebalancing for mages. Mage progression is insanely fast, and considering the fact they're on par with warriors as an entry level class for their ease of washing (as far as basic playability goes), there is nothing really limiting them at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:36 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    it can happen with elemental amp skill
    raise the am mp cost and ult mobs hitted
    so, no problem to begginers that hit Full, and more pot burn for multimage

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Thanks for the insight, that's what I was looking for :)

Poison mist grinding starts off strong at 80+ but doesn't really get better after that while Bish and especially IL decrease the gap in the later levels. So as it would hurt FP the least I don't think it matters toooo much, would love to see more niche for IL and Bisop mains outside of this suggestion to balance things better.

I don't think IL is down on their luck bully fodder either. Sure they do slightly worse at PB body than the top picks but atleast they can find a spot in runs and they do very well at NT which is a huge chunk of the content worth running outside of PB. If anything I think bishops are worse off right now as they are getting muled pretty much everywhere outside of HT.

To me it makes zero sense that a skill is better at a lower level. If you really want to keep the grinding pace though I think keeping the skills as they are but increasing the lvl 1 cost to something like 5k mp and going down linearly to 3.5k at max level could be a nice change aswell.

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    All this will accomplish is that instead of leeching your mage to 120, you'll leech it to 130.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You think low level leech sellers would keep their ultimate at level 1?

8. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    Well considering that most if not all hard core / long stay players already have their mages at 130 or higher. This will hit returning, upcoming/future mages, new players and players who haven't made their mages yet, the hardest. (looking at myself). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm leaning towards "disagree" with this suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's not a super huge hit to upcoming mage mains as they will now have to grind (or leech) with their third job skills a couple levels more and now have an incentive to actually level up their ultimate skill and pass the skill books for it, just like any other job would.

The main group that will take a big hit is people constantly remaking mages (rwt sellers) and people that are creating multiple mages at once but to a lesser extent (mutlimage grinders).

I've yet to level up my mages sufficiently either so it would negatively impact me aswell somewhat but I don't think that's much of a reason to shoot down a suggestion when it would have a positive impact on the server as a whole. Fair enough though.