1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Summer Patch skill changes

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 1, 2018.

1. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    5:04 PM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Hello. Now that Threaten got buffed, should I max threaten or iron body? Or should I max both and fully displace one of the weapon masteries?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:04 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Holy crap! The skills I actually use got a huge buff! Too bad Elquines didn't get around a 20%ish buff too. I do not believe element amp affects the summon damages at all. This is all still very good though.

One thing to bring up. Since fighters got a buff to rage and now ANOTHER huge buff to rage that totally eclipses the warrior elixirs... what about meditate? In the grand scheme of things, a +20 bonus to matk is pretty bad. It helps very slightly, but it is nothing comparable to watk buffs for classes that deal physical damages. Especially NLs and corsairs. A more appropriate buff to matk would probably be around... +60 matk? But that still wouldn't be the same as +20 watk for the other classes.

And something else. KimberlyKimberly is anyone trying to fix the mob debuff bugs?

3. Sialy

Sialy Blue Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    8:04 PM
    Dragon Knight, Page
    Threaten should maxed. Iron Body if you want, but you shouldn't be maxing both masteries since you can’t really build hybrid with the fact that you have 3 skills for each weapon in third job for a total of 6 skills if you’re going hybrid.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    3:04 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    what do you mean by mob debuff bug?

5. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    7:04 PM
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    I was going to be like 40 (but love the idea of 60 ^^) so it doesn't make bishops be equal w/ the nlc potions (wiz elixirs), & kind of mitigates elemental wand balancing since it can't be donein v.62; but I think that can always wait til later=p.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    5:04 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I saw a post from Kimberly saying that the mob debuff bug you reported was fixed on this restart.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    2:04 AM
    (EDIT; I'm totally down to hear out any Bucc main's thoughts on what I said below and have a friendly discussion)

Just tested everything that was going to be buffed according to the skill changes for Buccaneer. Tested the range of SI by using it together with HS, SI's range still looks the same and it doesn't seem like there's any noticeable difference when using Dragon Strike/Barrage. However it does look like Energy Charge's charge rate is a bit faster than before, (and the 50% stance description has also been applied). Since I'm 142 I don't have acces to Demolition or Snatch just yet so can't really test those, but judging from the old/new speed tests on this post I assume we should easily be able to tell the difference (well if a higher level buccaneer can test this for us that is).

I have been silent for a while regarding the buccaneer buffs because I for one wasn't really too excited personally when I saw what was going to be released (also didn't wanna bother to start a huge discussion/fight in the thread that was made by Lyff by giving my opinions because I know how easily that tends to happen when your opinion is different from the populair one). I have however been talking to a friend of mine who I've been playing Buccaneer with for quite a while KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove - and have justr recently decided to just accept what has been done for the most part and try to play with it. I do think that the idea of increasing SI's party buff range was a good idea (believe this was suggested quite a few times..?) and Energy charge's charge rate being slightly increased is not bad at all either however I just think, especially after the buffs we've already received in the past that halving/more than halving the post cast delay of both DS/Barrage and Demolition is a bit overkill. I think this because I feel like Buccaneer's dps in general at bosses aswell as grinding speed with certain combos will be a lot higher/faster than I feel it should be. (I personally don't feel like Buccaneers should ever be able to compete with say NL's or Hero's in terms of dps at bosses) Yes I will have to accept it, and I don't mind doing so but I just think Buccaneer, especially at bosses like HT is more so a support class with SI and TL that helps the group clear more efficiently/safely/quickly who does above average dmg inbetween doing his "job" for the group.

I'm probably going to receive some kind of negative feedback towards this post but it's fine because I know everyone has a different opinion and playstyle, Although I have been playing on this server for quite a while mind you I'm not the general (no offense to anyone who did this in the past) oh screw this crap everything's getting so much easier and all that stuff blah blah (best example btw zzz). I hope other buccaneers can at least kind of get where I'm coming from by telling you the following, since i've started playing on this server i've always only had a pirate - Buccaneer meaning that everything in terms of mesos and equipment to this point has been farmed on a buccaneer (as you can see I kind of like playing this way because it's challenging but very fun to me as I'm not really into most of the efficient mesomaking methods, easy example=selling leech service with a bishop). All I'm trying to say is that looking at the buffs it kinda feels like the way I've been playing the class us bucc mains enjoy will soon become permanently easier to play on in the sense that mostly once you've reached 4th job (which I did a long time ago) you can kill monsters/farm/boss a lot quicker with main damage skills/combos going off a lot faster continuesly. I can kind of get behind the demolition buff aswell now after thinking about it but I just feel like halving the delay of DS/Barrage after being buffed already in the past is a bit much.

Wew... that took a while, sorry but also thank you for anyone that bothered to read thru it I appreciate it a lot.

Lastly I just wanted to make a quick suggestion for the future, seeing as I would've prefered to see skills like Shockwave get a nice buff (as it's pretty useless in it's current state and by far one of the coolest animations our class has to offer when it comes to attacking skills) it would be a really nice change I feel if it could be buffed for the better so 3rd job can potentially be played a little differently instead of the usual corkscrewblow/SSK/Energy blast spam. (Shockwave for me anyways, is the skill that got me really interested in playing a pirate years ago when I saw it for the first time when I was a lot younger and it's kind of sad knowing now how horrible it is).

REALLY LASTLY.. (sorry >_<)
    I'm really happy and excited for all the other clases that received buffs this time around, aside from my main class getting buffs that I still have mixed feelings about I do think all the other classes got some great ones that are a step in the right direction so overall I do really wanna say thank you for all the effort and time that was put into making these skill changes happen and taking to heart what some of the players wanted to see in terms of changes. :)

You just got wall of texted :')

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hi! Fellow bucc here FoxBye
    I read through your post, and I do understand where you are coming from for the most part. However, I would also like to express my opinions on some things you have discussed:

Things that I did agree with you:
    I believe it was a good idea by staffs to increase the range of SI. Personally, I would have much preferred to increase the range of TL instead (due to some issues I had sometimes during ht where some bishs don't get the buff at all unless really close by) but I do think it was a nice touch regardless.

Yes, the charge rate has been increased by 120% so that now we get a stance slightly easier than before. My issue with this buff was regarding stance (which I will talk about in a minute) but I also liked this idea.

Thing(s) that I disagree:
    Personally, I did not see any problem with this because from what I experienced so far, the original intend for this reduction was to make us slightly harder to get hit from bosses like zakum or horntail.
    Let me explain.
    Based on my experience of participating in 50+ HT runs so far, I have yet to encounter anyone that was fine with consistently getting hit and falling off the platform as an enjoyable experience. I consider a buccaneer as a hybrid between shadower and warrior, meaning we can utilize iframes to avoid getting hit from bosses (thus why I believe we have 50% stance because we don't expect to get hit that often). However, that is not usually the case while bossing because the delay between our main skills are a little bit... delayed. So this change made sense to me because now we are slightly harder to fall off the platform. It's not perfect, but I believe it was a step in the right direction.
    However, if you were talking this buff in terms of damage wise, staffs would have failed spectacularly as dpm for my barrage/ds combo still remained the same. Demolition wise, I did notice slight improvement on dpm (~0.3m extra dpm), but it was so subtle to the point where I would still have been fine without any buffs at all. I do agree with your point that buccaneers are never meant to be played as main dps class like heros. However, I still believe that difference in dps threshold with hero vs bucc can be improved further because gap is too far apart. As a result, I still would like to get more buffs regarding barrage/ds combo, especially barrage. (I really liked the suggestion NiseNise pointed out in original thread)

Speaking of, some other things that might be improved upon:
    • Decrease in cooldown time for super transform - helps to stay away from cqb and safely attack at a distance more frequently
    • Longer duration of energy charge OR increase in stance buff - further reduces time/chance for knockback
    • Increasing the range of TL - runs into issue sometimes where TL doesn't reach bishops unless its right on my character
    Now I am talking this in terms of end-game level because the only acceptable way of leveling past 155 is by participating in horntail. But the problem with horntail is that quality of life as a buccaneer simply isn't up to par with other classes. For one, our main attacks are close ranged, meaning you would have to go up to face to deal mediocre damage for most of the time. Then adding with the fact that our hp is much lower than usual warrior class, you are prone to receive a touch damage in which can easily 1 hit kill you without hb. Finally, STANCE. Because our stance is activated through energy charge, we end up falling down a lot more compared to other classes, severely cutting our dpm. Okay, now I'm rambling the same thing as what LyffLyff said at this point, but my point here is that the quality of life can further be improved, and I do not believe this buff made that much of drastic changes on how our class plays nor made it borderline overpowered.

I would also have to disagree on that. I don't necessarily think it became easier, rather more convenient for us to attack while bossing. Even as a buccaneer just about to pass level 16x mark, I still learn new tricks and combos almost daily. So I don't believe this change made anything easier.

11. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    I feel like a lot of people want to express thoughts. KimberlyKimberly , would it be possible or feasible to have a forum for feedback on skill changes occurred in this patch? (much like feedback happened w/ ToT spawn buffs that finally stablized and balanced spawns?).

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:04 AM
    Moderator Post
    Quoting main post

To further go with 'let us know' do so in feedback section.

13. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    ah okay thanks! missed that, my mistake.

14. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    Well I definitely can see enough of a change on dragon strike and definitely demolition on my bucc, although 50/50 on barrage for me as for noticing the changes. Haven't tested out SI range but that never bothered me to begin with.

15. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    yup, the change is definitely noticeable (especially demolition and dragon strike), but I didn't notice much increase of dpm as a result.

16. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    10:04 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    For those of you wondering how Bucc's DPM are post patch it's not too different for Demo (roughly 10%, so around 3.3% overall DPM), but the amount of iframes for Demo got more of a sizable buff, this new Demo feels like Post Big Bang Demolition before Demo was removed.

Delay reduced for Dragon Strike makes DS > Energy Blast(edited my bad) a formidable combo (for low lvl buccs). Before the patch you'd have to wait a bit longer to recast DS, so a buff for training/mobbing.

Barrage delay buff lets me spam it at Bigfoot with less delay in between, but for those wondering there should be 0 change for Barrage > DS combo so that remains the same DPM-wise. However Barrage > 2 Energy Drain is now slightly better than Barrage > Dragon Strike until you get maxed Energy Orb super late into your Bucc's career lol.

No delay on Snatch makes it better than Dragon Strike (DPS wise) when you max it, and is no longer a garbage spell.

Now there's only stance to be looked at because it's still a problem at HT considering we're only transformed a third of the time, because using Barrage on the right side is basically asking for us to fall off lol. Still approx 800ms of vulnerability post Barrage.

Happy overall because there's some progress and I didn't expect any changes to Buccs so a step forward in the right direction imo.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  17. CmPunk

CmPunk Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    3:04 AM
    CmPunk
    Spearman
    where is Dragon Knight buffs ???!!! MapleF9

18. BowGanster

BowGanster Blue Snail

Oct 6, 2017
    Male
    Lima, Perú
    BowGanster
    Bowmaster
    Eternidad
    Am I the only one who expected a buff for Bowmasters?

19. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    8:04 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Holy shit Threaten buffed! I might make a comeback now

EDIT: nvm I just remembered that I reset almost every skill point from Threaten into BW Mastery to hybrid CrushedSkull/DragonClaymore. Bye again

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    10:04 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I think characters in the page/Pally line should be rewarded a full SP reset. I would have done the same skill build if I played that class and would be sad if I didn't get a chance to reset my skill build.