1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Legends like as a server?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by benkrong, May 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. benkrong

benkrong Blue Snail

May 5, 2021
    Male
    6:09 AM
    Hi everyone, hope you all are staying safe and well.

This is an open question to all - what has your experience been like on this server? To be more specific, do you feel like the culture here encourages social, balanced and progressive gameplay?

I have been playing on the neighbouring server for nearly 3 years now, and am pretty discouraged by the general direction it's heading in. This is probably down to personal preference, but I particularly dislike the prevailing culture there which has a strong fixation on min-maxing everything, where running end-game bosses with a bunch of mules is seen as the only goal, and where leechstory is pretty much the mainstream way the game is played from levels 1 to 135. Early to mid-game content is pretty much non-existent because everyone mandatorily has 300-400INT for HP washing. The social aspect is greatly diminished as well due to mulestory. Just feels like majority of the community there is more interested in optimising range/profits and being tryhards over making friends and just having fun.

This is not meant to be a rant. I've heard so many positive things about Legends, and was hoping to hear some feedback from the community here before making a decision for myself. I'm trying to find a server which is actually nostalgic, where PQs and party play are a thing, where there is an actual sense of progression in gameplay even in early-game (e.g. getting to 2nd and 3rd job being a legitimate accomplishment rather than a product of buying leech). Am I looking in the right place or na?

Any replies are greatly appreciated - I hope you all have a great week, and stay safe out there!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.