1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Winners Announcement] Maplemas Tree Decorating Contest!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Feb 11, 2024.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:53 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It looks like there are two first place winners. Is this a typo?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Exterio

Exterio Blue Snail

Jan 27, 2024
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Exterio
    Beginner
    This is coming from another retired staff so it means absolutely nothing. Give me an actual reason why first is first and don't give me that vague "I for one was quite impressed with the winning designs for their themes, use of materials, and overall concept/idea." bs

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:53 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Not sure how his opinion should be treated differently than yours or anyone else their opinion just because he has a retired staff tag. He hasn't been in staff for a long time and whatever they say is not reflective of staff in the slightest.

I personally participated in the Community Event myself so I haven't had a say in who should be the winners or anything, but those that haven't participated were all able to give out their own votes. As always with these community events the opinions varied, we will consider adding more reasoning from the staff team as a collective to winning entries as well as better guidelines on what you will be judged on when participating in future events.

If people have other ideas on how they'd like to see the Community events be improved or have other event ideas then your feedback is always welcome.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    im just Dami my opinion doesn’t matter can’t I just like the trees??

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stardust

stardust Red Snail

Jan 25, 2023
    Female
    12:53 AM
    stardustuwu
    Cleric
    agreed

6. Exterio

Exterio Blue Snail

Jan 27, 2024
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Exterio
    Beginner
    You're right I apologize your opinion do matter just like everybody else. It just felt like you were disrespecting everyone else's opinion and time / effort with your last line so I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did. I'm just really trying to understand why first is first and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    8:53 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    Let's put aside the tree I designed because I still think I had no chance against the creativity of people here.
    And yet these people don't even appear on the list, one of the trees that made my jaw drop was chosen for third place?
    I don't quite understand how you choose your winners, there were trees invested here with thinking outside the box. With all due respect and the effort of the winners, it seems that a injustice has been done here when trees that not understood in a failed attempt at pixel art from items took the top spot:boo:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    i accept ur apology!!

9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016