1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another. Price checking guide / Sheet

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by krylios, Oct 28, 2019.

1. krylios

krylios Mano

Oct 11, 2019
    Male
    Canada
    3:26 PM
    Krylias
    F/P Wizard
    WeenieHutJrs
    LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sk4IVNk8W6QgK-mSxghpb6oNJJYHhFwEpH2K_oG7ny4/edit?usp=sharing

Description:
    Yes another one of them because I like the template ohviviho but wanted it to include more things and be updated for my own use so I did it myself. Either way thank him for the formulas and the clean and easy to read template that I copied and simply added more data and categories to. I generally update it everyday while surfing through FM. If I decide to take a break from legends there will be an announcement made directly on the sheet to keep this thread clean.

Any recommendations for things I should add or changes you'd like to see in the sheet let me know and if you'd like to contribute data feel free to dm me on the forums or discord.
    You can also catch me streaming on mixer(inserting shamless plug https://mixer.com/krylios), probably updating the guide while waiting for opq or mpq (please pq more people I need cards f4).

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    2:26 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    hell yeah kry this is sick tysm for posting

3. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    2:26 PM
    magykarp
    In my opinion, prices should be categorized under a 90th percentile rather than an average. An average can be heavily skewed with outliers whereas using the 90th percentile will yield numbers showing that 90% of the prices in the market are at X price or lower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    krylios

krylios Mano

Oct 11, 2019
    Male
    Canada
    Krylias
    F/P Wizard
    WeenieHutJrs
    Sadly there is no "percentile if" function in google sheets at the moment that would make my life easier with that, but if there is a way to do that but it escapes my knowledge please let me know and I'd make the addition. The best we can do is use our best judgement with the data consolidated which is basically what trading in MS boils down to ;-;.

5. OP
    OP
    krylios

krylios Mano

Oct 11, 2019
    Male
    Canada
    Krylias
    F/P Wizard
    WeenieHutJrs
    Also percentiles generally work better with wider data ranges but with how maple legends and FM works with collecting price data, most scrolls and items only have 2-6 entries of data in a recent period of time. So the prices will end up skewed either way because well, the 90th percentile of 6 data points will most likely end up matching only 1-3 at most.

Unless I am content with keeping outdated data from 3+ weeks or more. This is the best I can currently work with using the functions that I have learned to use in google sheets. Markets in mmo's can also be fickle with how inflation in games work as well and I'm mostly worried about prices increasing overtime because of meso influx with no natural economy resets and only the current meso sinks put in place by the original game ie. taxing and pots from in game shops. Which will heavily skew the spread sheet towards the lower end and not be as accurate even accounting for a PERCENTILEIF function existing in gsheets.

So my current method relies on me manually deleting price data 1+ week old in an attempt to alleviate that inherent problem with mmo economies for a more accurate and up to date sheet. Unless the standard currency changes to everyone trading ores or something this is the best way I can come up with myself to make sure the sheet is up to date and the averages don't end up being skewed too low from old data and natural mmo inflation which happens in every mmo that has a farmable currency and no economy resets. Sadly no matter how well balanced the original drop rate and meso sinks in Old MS are / were players will always farm more through vendoring and drops, it's an age old mmo design problem. So prices will naturally increase over time. I've seen that already looking at some of the older sheets that kept their data from only 1 month old ie. scrolls that use to be 1m increasing to 1.3m this month such as ohviviho's sheet and Mi's(although this one is 1 year old) scroll guide. It's a lot of manual work but I enjoy doing the tediousness of it for some reason. But if you have suggestions or knowledge I'm not aware of in sheets or potential solutions to this problem dm me on forums or discord because if I can find a way to alleviate the amount of manual work I have to do maintaining the sheet I'd love to do so. (but seriously please pq more after level 55 people and stop leeching I'm so bored that this is what I'm forced to do while waiting...;-; )

6. skazey

skazey Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    8:26 AM
  7. skazey

skazey Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    8:26 AM
    when it says max does that mean thats the highest it sold for? why would dpeople buy something so much higher than it is o.o like c law att 10 avg is 191k but highest sold 1.2m?

8. OP
    OP
    krylios

krylios Mano

Oct 11, 2019
    Male
    Canada
    Krylias
    F/P Wizard
    WeenieHutJrs
    Max means the highest price of the item I've found FOR SALE in the FM which means people listing it for that price, aka overpricing it or in cases of some items that have high and low rolls for equips it can be a reflection of having high clean stats on equips.

9. eggzrfun

eggzrfun Slime

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    usa
    5:26 PM
    Crusader
    Babure
  10. Kaylex

Kaylex Brown Teddy

Jul 14, 2017
    Female
    5:26 AM
    Bluex
    Bishop
    Thank you for making this!!! MapleF2

If I could ask - is it possible to add commas to the numbers like "1,000,000" instead of "1000000" so that numbers blind people like me would have an easier time? Just a QOL thing, not super important but would be rly gr8 if you could do that!!!! Also ok to not do that if it's too much work hehe thx!!!

11. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    10:26 PM
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    This would be nearly nice yea.