1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:13 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

Date: October 23nd, 2023
    Character(s): Accuse, ConeHead
    Level: 142, 136
    Current Goal: Taking a break.

Narrative Entry:
    I did it! I finally completed my last order of Rav Etcs! I definitely feel somewhat burned out, so I'll be taking a small break from farming on the NL to get some other stuff out of the way.

Items Obtained:
    Bananas farmed: 1.998
    Monkey Dolls farmed: 1.533
    Gach: 5 (Not on Accuse, don't get your hopes up)

Cards Obtained:
    I ended up doing some card farming on ConeHead as it's getting very close to Tier 3 and it was a welcome change of pace.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Resulting progress: 89 sets, 483 cards.

Experience:
    Current Level: 142
    XP Earned: ~2.5m
    New Level: 142
    (I promise this section will be more interesting when I farm something else than lvl 20/65 mobs)

Meso Earned:
    Gold at Start: 269,250,000 earned from Rav Etcs (since taking larger offers)
    Gold Earned: 45,000,000
    Total Gold: 314,250,000 earned from Rav Etcs (since taking larger offers)

Achievements:
    - Finalised all my orders!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    I tried to scroll my Red Katana's, they're all gone.
    [​IMG]
    I made this, but boomed on third 30!
    [​IMG]
    Having all these be greened out provides me with an unhealthy dose of dopamine!
    [​IMG]
    This is probably very niche and geeky, but this is the number of hours I spent farming Rav Etcs since taking larger orders. I hope some of you notice why I'm so thoroughly pleased about this specific number. It has to be a sign of good things to come.
    [​IMG]
    The new overview, it's looking pretty! Only another 110m to go.

Notes:
    Like I mentioned, doing 22 hours of farming in a week was significantly more than I am used to and it did end up burning me out a little (I know a lot of you will scoff at those numbers, I envy you.)
    As a result, I'll probably delay nightghosts a little bit. First plan for now is a bunch of selfleech!
    Selfleech goals:
    - Get ConeHead (BM) from 136 to 145ish to start soloing Pap+Rav.
    - Get SnootBoop (Bish) from 158 to 163ish, which should be right around the point where I can start to 1hit skele.
    - Get Itadakimasu (I/L) from 162 to 163 to start occasionally dabbling in a little NT? Not sure yet.

Don't worry, I'll definitely come back to Accuse in the near future. I'm not giving up!

As always, thanks for reading!

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Date
    :
    Character(s): Itadakimasu, ConeHead, ShadAinz, Reoru, Capitank
    Current Goal: Zooming my way through the levels.

Narrative Entry:
    Playing in maps that aren't related to Ravana's Etcs feels absolutely amazing. I'm gettin gach, seeing my exp bar(s) move again, even killing some bosses (....rav...)!
    I have a decent stretch of levels ahead of me, but I really don't mind keeping things the way they are at the moment. So much so, that I decided to include Capitank, my lvl 125 Corsair in the selfleech! I have no particular goals for it just yet, but I can imagine it being a useful boss mule around 140-150.

Summarised Log:
    I decided to add this section for those who would just like to quickly glance over the things I did instead of scrolling through (occasionally extensive) rambling and numerous screenshots.
    - Farmed 1 set of cards on ConeHead
    - Got Tier3 ring

- Did 1h15 mins of 1-2F
    - 3 gach (1 rare, 2 common)
    - Gained 25% on I/L
    - Gained 50% on BM

- Did 2 Ravs on Reoru (140 Hero)
    - 1 pouch, few equips.
    - Average time for a kill was around 11 mins.
    - Did 2 Ravs on ShadAinz (150 Shad)
    - No pouches, few equips.
    - Average time for a kill was around 8 mins.

- Tested an hour of ML5 on my Shad.
    - 12m eph (I need to work on my rotation, EPH could be notably higher, given that I 100% 2hit)
    - Made roughly 9-10m + 3 gach, went dry on scrolls so I imagine it could average out between 15-20m/hr.

Did 1h35 mins of 1-2F
    - 2 gach (1 rare, 1 common)
    - Leveled up the I/L, started at Lvl 161, 78% and ended at Lvl 162, 7%
    - Leveled up the BM, started at Lvl 136, 57% and ended at Lvl 137, 9%
    - Leveled up my Corsair, started at Lvl 125, 69% and ended at Lvl 126, 53%

Cards Obtained:
    [​IMG]
    Not a lot, but it did finish off Tier 3 for ConeHead, my bowmaster! This is probably where I'll leave it until it reaches 145 and can actually start doing some content.

Items Obtained:
    [​IMG]

Achievements:
    - Hitting level 162 on my I/L (which I thought I already was, turns out I was 161) brings me one step closer to running NTs! Hoping to do so this weekend.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Pretty good progress exp-wise, particularly on Itadakimasu!
    [​IMG]
    Tier 3 on ConeHead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was my setup for selfleeching 1-2F with just ConeHead in the party.
    [​IMG]
    I also briefly tried out duomaging 5-6F, which went very very poorly. There's a lot to improve here from both a tactical point (I think I need to swap more int gear over to my Bishop) and from a mechanical point (I fell down a fair few times and performed quite poorly when it came to continuing to cast on I/L while repositioning Bish)
    [​IMG]
    I completed trading all the Rav Etcs with their buyers, so now Accuse's bank is looking pretty cute!

Notes:
    As you guys can probably tell from the last 3 posts, I'm still trying to find my way when it comes to structuring these posts. Partially because some headers aren't relevant on all days, and partially because I'm still trying to find a balance between being concise enough to make reading interesting, and also being wordy enough to perhaps make the posts entertaining on a personal level as well. Also, if anyone knows any tool to conveniently generate collages (even if the images are different sizes), please do let me know!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    8:13 AM
    I had some wild ideas about creating an editor with pre-made journal templates and components to choose from, or even integrating generative AI to assist in writing, which would ultimately generate content in BBCode format for easy posting on forums.

Image processing also seems very possible.

However, I don't see a significant incentive for me to do so, considering the substantial amount of time I would need to invest in creating things people don't need, and wouldn't contribute to feeding my family.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Date: 25/10/2023 - 28/10/2023
    Character(s): ShadAinz, Reoru
    Current Goal: Selfleeching, some card farming, some bossing!

Narrative Entry:
    Right, its been a very busy week irl so I didn't actually get enough playing done during the week to warrant a journal update. (Sorry WhispWhisp)
    Fortunately, I did have a lot of spare time to myself today, so I got some stuff done!

Summarised Log:
    25/10/2023:
    Celebrated SobletSoblet 200 party!
    2x Ravana on ShadAinz
    - Runs took ~7.5 mins (Decided to mw20+Cider instead of no MW+coke)
    - No pouches
    - Gained ~5% (No HS)
    2x Ravana on Reoru
    - Runs took ~11 mins (Added mw20, but didn't feel like a huge difference)
    - No pouches
    - Gained ~9% (No HS)

28/10/2023:
    7F on ShadAinz
    - 150, 90% -> 151, 0%
    Farmed some cards, grinded Censers
    - 0% -> 10%
    Zakky, 2x
    - 10% -> 25.5%
    - 2 coins
    Rav, 2x
    - 25.5% -> 30%
    - 2 coins
    Pap, 1x
    - 30% -> 32%
    Censers
    - 32% -> 40%
    JC, 2x
    - 40% -> 51%
    ML5
    - 51% -> 55%

Items Obtained:
    Nothing all too special to report here, gach was mostly dry, did get ~20m worth of scrolls while farming.

Cards Obtained:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (One day I'll actually bother cropping these)
    Current card stats:
    [​IMG]

Experience:
    Starting Experience: Level 150, 90%
    Experience Gained: ~101.5m
    Current Experience: Level 151, 55.67%

Meso Earned:
    Hard to give an exact number here. It'll be easier to note when I've found a more streamlined list of dailies. I'd ballpark it right around 50m for now :)

Achievements:
    Actually doing some content beyond Pap/Rav again felt nice. It was also a nice reminder that content really doesn't have to take long if the runs are smooth and if there isn't a lot of delay with getting everyone together.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations Soblet! Very inspiring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shad DPM looking pretty comfortable! Quite happy with this, runs feel pretty smooth.
    [​IMG]
    Hero DPM isn't as great, but it does the job.
    [​IMG]
    Fat lines though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my eph (No HS/MW) when farming Censers. Honestly a very comfortable map, good eph, good meso income. I think I'll mostly split my farming hours between this map and Memory Lane 5.
    [​IMG]
    For reference, my EPH at ML5. This was with mw20, but without HS. I might move some mules over for a more impactful grind.
    [​IMG]
    Finally got my chair, feeling like a super cool elite bosser.

Notes:
    All in all, comfy few days! Happy about the direction my shad is headed. I think I'll make a minor adjustment to my original selfleech4ever-plan and start including some daily/weekly content on the shad alongside the selfleech. This way I can keep up a more steady influx of meso alongside the levels, avoiding a situation where my bm is going to eventually reach 150's with absolute dookie gear.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    Date: 30/10/2023
    Character(s): ShadAinz, Accuse
    Current Goal: A bit all over the place, just doing whatever I feel like doing.

Narrative Entry:
    FINE, I'll play Accuse again. There's honestly a staggering difference in positive ratings on the journal entries when comparing Accuse posts vs. other posts. OnionF5
    I'll give in and finish Accuse's goals for now.

All jokes aside, I can totally understand why it's more entertaining to see a single NL progress in an incredibly inefficient way.

Summarised Log:
    Rav on ShadAinz, 2x
    - No pouches.
    - Gained ~5.5%
    90 minutes of CWK farm on Accuse, trying to log 30-60 minutes in every map to figure out what an optimal rotation would be.
    - Forgot to track starting exp.
    - Badges obtained:
    firebrandbadge.png 64
    nightshadowbadge.png 9
    stormbreakerbadge.png 34
    windraiderbadge.png 16
    (Yes, I realise these are fairly depressing pickings for 90 minutes of farming..)

Meso Earned:
    ~2.5 in the 90 minutes on Accuse.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    Gach on my Shad finally looking a little better than usual.
    [​IMG]
    This is the sheet I'm currently logging every map of CWK in. It's fairly self-explanatory. The fourth column shows how many minutes it takes me to farm 45 badges of mob x in map y.

Notes:
    I haven't quite figured out the way I want to log my CWK hours. The current setup isn't ideal. We'll get there as we go!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Apologies for the doublepost, but I thought it'd be entertaining to include the image of my Shad's similarly logged hours for each CWK map, just to show the difference in farming speed:
    [​IMG]
    Shad
    [​IMG]
    NL

However, these images also highlights that I either got very (un)lucky on certain badges, or I screwed up entering the data on my Shad.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Not necessarily. spencil2spencil2 demonstrated that Corsairs do a terrific job of farming.
    I think each ranged character has it's farming niche. NL seems to do well in large maps with low hp mobs, as the added mobility from FJ gets a chance to shine there.
    However, in these (CWK) maps, it suffers predominantly from having low minimal damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. icymcspicy

icymcspicy Slime

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Bobonaut
    Sell cwk exchange svc. Kinda like selling gach tix. Stream the reward to buyer. Wonder how much each set would cost

• Creative Creative x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    I've decided to ditch the ChatGPT-generated format for now. It didn't seem very fitting for most journal entries, and I felt like I was moreso trying to fit my journal to the format as opposed to the other way around.

Anyways, one thing I was fond of, was the short summarised log:
    • Farmed Headless Horseman on NL until it leveled up!
    • Spent another 2 hours testing out CWK maps, almost done with all of them.
      It's currently not looking great, but we'll make it work!
    • Did my first WS exchange. Scroll down for the reward...

Shad stuff nobody cares about:
    I bought Scar service to support my local businessman Uncle!
    [​IMG]
    Old helm.
    [​IMG]
    New helm! It looks a lot better, but in terms of total (useful) stats, the Rav helm wins. I've decided to start exchanging 2 Rav helmets a day instead of 1, requiring double the etcs but also speeding up the process of a potential new good helm by a factor of 2.

Anyways, I'm starting to become more and more convinced that CWK Exchanges really aren't the way to go for an NL. It'd undoubtedly be much better with SE, MW20, and less dookie gear, but for now it feels hard to argue in favor of doing these.
    Nonetheless, I did hop into FM and found this:
    [​IMG]
    Which didn't seem like an awful price, at 45 Crimson Hearts per exchange, I'd have a 900k cost associated with each WS Exchange, which doesn't seem too bad. I easily make this back in raw meso drops.

So anyways, I bought 200 Crimson Hearts to make sure I actually log a few WS Exchanges. (Yes, in hindsight I should have probably bought a multiple of 45.)
    I also had sufficient other badges to try out the WS exchange!
    [​IMG]
    It's not great, but definitely not the worst reward.

[​IMG]
    This is the current state of my map-testing. The upper table is fairly intuitive, so I won't spend too many words on it.
    The bottom table, however, is used to give me a better idea of what the ideal 'rotation' between maps would be.
    Even without the second table being finished, let's do some rough math.

• For Firebrands, I have two main options: Cavern of Fear or The Inferno Chamber.
      The latter gives more Firebrand badges per hour, but the former helps out a good bit with the Stormbreaker badges as well.
      So, lets say I spend enough time in Cavern of Fear to get 45 Firebrand Badges. This would give me (45/86 * 28) = 14 Stormbreaker badges.
      This would take me (45/86 * 60) = ~31 minutes
    • Secondly, lets then immediately look at Stormbreakers. I think ideally I'd just finish this off at Stormhall. Perhaps Cavern of Pain is a good contender.
      I'd need another 31 badges in Stormhall, taking me (31/86 * 60) = ~22 minutes
    • This leaves Nightshadow and Windraider. Luckily, we have a perfect map for this: Cavern of Honor.
      I'd stay here until I have both 45 Windraider Badges and 45 Nightshadow Badges.
      This would take me (45/32 * 60) = ~84 minutes.
      Simultaneously, this would also get me (45/32 * 42) = 63 Nightshadow Badges.
    In the end, I'd have spent 31+22+84 minutes, resulting in 137 minutes spent, or roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes.
    In this time, I'd have farmed:
    firebrandbadge.png 45
    nightshadowbadge.png 63
    stormbreakerbadge.png 45
    windraiderbadge.png 45
    While I didn't log the exact meso/hr for each map, I know they (surprisingly) all came out to roughly 1-1.4m/hr. This means I'd get roughly 3m from my 137 minutes of farming.
    900k of this would get reinvested into the Crimson Hearts. Leaving me with ~2m and a WS Exchange in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Honestly? This doesn't strike me as nearly as bad as I thought.
    Including SE, MW20, and actual gear would definitely bring this down to below 2 hours, perhaps even close to 90 minutes.

Perhaps I'm on to something...

As always, thanks for reading!!OnionPerfectOnionPerfect

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Why don't you MW20 and SE yourself in FM?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Because I wanted to keep this journal more realistic for a poor/struggling ranged attacker. As such, I didn't feel like it made sense to rely on (4th job) buff mules :)

13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    The true poor/struggling ranged attacker would've stopped playing long time ago. How are you struggling if you're earning decent meso and thus, not being poor.

14. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    To simulate it as if you have bought leech for an SE mule you can pay me the amount of meso required and then start using your BM as SE mule

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    To be fair, I think my NL would need significantly more meso than the ~600m I've made so far to stop qualifying as 'struggling'.

Darn, I can't argue with this logic...

16. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Been a while since I last updated this journal! (Well, relatively speaking)

There's a reason for that! I've been absolutely swamped with work and generally just feeling pretty lethargic when I get back home.

Anyways, today I decided to get back in the saddle or at least somewhat close to it.

Something I toyed with while the servers were down was looking at old CWK Exchange data and plugging in the new values of each item to try and reach a new EV per exchange.
    I got my data from this post, huge credit and thanks to JessJess for farming, logging, and posting all the data.
    [​IMG]
    Took the numbers, added in new current going prices (fairly rough ones) and voila, the EV per exchange is ~16.1m
    This, however, does not include raw meso looted (around 3m per exchange I think), equips, gach, and oa int 60s from Stormbreakers.
    Lets say we include all those things, I'd estimate the EV per exchange is somewhere between 20-25m.

In the last post, we calculated it'd take me roughly 2h15mins to do an exchange on NL if I buy the Crimson Hearts.
    If so, the EV for doing exchanges would be somewhere between 8-10m/hr on my NL. Definitely not as bad as I would've thought it'd be.

Anyways, I absolutely didn't feel like farming CWK exchange over the past few days.
    Instead, I did the following things:
    [​IMG]
    Attempted a solo Rav on Conehead, my lvl 136 (at the time) bowmaster.
    The DPS was definitely there to get it down within a comfy timeframe, but I don't think I hit quite hard enough to deal with the summons yet. Perhaps if I brought in my Bishop to gen the summons.
    [​IMG]
    These are the stats on mw20/echo/cider.

[​IMG]
    Sold my crappy ele wand for 120m, expected more for it but I figured I'd accept a fairly quick sell.

[​IMG]
    Duo'd JC with this cutie, shad OP OP, pls dont nerf.

[​IMG]
    Duo'd Ravana with this cutie a couple times!

[​IMG]
    Bought better pants for my shad, ty NightzNightz you're beautiful.

[​IMG]
    Petri'd my way to a levelup on the BM, 13 more to go for 150!
    [​IMG]
    Why do i bother

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 9
  17. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    He was no match for our combined shad powers! Lemme know when you down to run again ! need them pouches, rav is currently bullying me :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    From now on this is a daily JC duo journal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    YAY
    [​IMG]
    Don't smega "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" when you get your Tier 10 ring, kids.

• Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    8:13 PM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    thanks to let us know.