1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map owner abuse?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by LeftBawlSack, Dec 24, 2017.

1. LeftBawlSack

LeftBawlSack Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    Male
    12:38 AM
    LeftBawlSack
    Hunter
    Hi I'm a pretty new player who went to kill Anego for the first time on my BM. But, there's a guild called NightMareZ holding every channel with @mapowner and various mules so I can't kill any. They're literally just sitting on the channel with mules to hold it and have threatened to report me if I hit it. Is this a valid use of the @mapowner command? Cause apparently I'm just fucked if I want to ever kill anego b/c apparently this has been going on for a whole month...

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Chaosluck

Chaosluck Mushmom

Oct 21, 2017
    Male
    10:38 AM
    Assensio
    Assassin
    Abyss
    As i view it, when a mule holds a channel, and all of them , i will take that channel.
    They can open 40 accounts and hold all ulu maps hostage for people, makes sense ? answer is no,
    I will want to see myself get banned for a thing like that, an appeal on that will surely change how mapowner will work.
    That's my 2 cents on the matter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    12:38 AM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    I believe GMs have said in the past that as long as you maintain mapowner, the map is yours.

What I'm seeing here tho, is a reprehensible abuse of that policy.

What should be discussed is the line between camping (a) channel(s), and straight up mapowner abuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Chaosluck

Chaosluck Mushmom

Oct 21, 2017
    Male
    Assensio
    Assassin
    Abyss
    I would love to hear staff's response and maybe even an explanation defining the line between owning a channel as a legitimate user, to camping a channel to reserve exclusive rights to an item/boss kill.
    Thanks ~

5. Ixoraz

Ixoraz Horny Mushroom

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    3:38 PM
    Magixforever/CityofLights
    NightMareZ
    Lols u must be really new to parlor then, as far as it goes, there has been much issues going on and the conclusion from the GMs is that as long as u maintain mapowner by constantly refreshing, ur still basically holding the map. And with regards to camping, we don't blindly camp =) NightMareZ has been maintaining nego timers for the past 2 mths so dont expect to walk in and start whining that u cant get a map

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  6. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    JoeL
    Beginner
    Just gather up with some buddy and guildie 24 hours camp . Easy counter. This is what I did during the old time of MapleSEA

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    9:38 AM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Its been like this since the start cuz ppl wanna keep the respawn to line up and not getting delayed by 30min+ if not more if u rly wanna nego just do the same. Camp it respawn is like 8h so just get earlier in the map for the next spawn than the others

about the mapowner
    You can get banned for Ksing/trying to steal the map if they ask u to leave when u dont.
    If u rly want to nego best chance for u is after server resets.
    cuz bosses reset and maps are empty if u login quick enough
    GL with itFoxSpy

8. Ixoraz

Ixoraz Horny Mushroom

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    NightMareZ
    In b4 u go anego after resets and u see NightMareZ :shamemb:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I mean its not like you afk and @mapowner stays permanently. I think after 5 or so minutes, you lose mapowner if you don't attack anything. If they aren't afk and are actively refreshing @mapowner, I see nothing different from how certain people hold GS2 maps or petris for example.

Plus this is a slippery slope argument. Once we start saying "map owner abuse" for these boss maps, next thing you know ppl will start complaining about the ppl that hold onto petri or skele maps (cus both are full 24/7). Mapowner is the easiest way to settle disputes. If they slip up and lose mapowner, u can snipe the map (ppl do that in gs2, petris, etc all the time).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    I can confirm the mapowner expiration time is 5 minutes. This is pretty short indeed. A map mule can't hold a map when AFK then. So the player has to put in some effort to maintain the ownership. However, I could see a suggestion of this map owner expiration timer being lowered to say, 3 minutes.

11. Ixoraz

Ixoraz Horny Mushroom

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    NightMareZ
    Yep, definitely 5mins or so, takes effort to refresh mapowner ya noe

12. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    3:38 AM
    MrRogers
    Priest
    Mules shouldn't be allowed to hold maps -- it should be held by the intended attacker or character capable of killing -- especially since multi-client is allowed on this server. Ur telling me that I can pop open 6 clients and alt+tab every 4 min to 'own it' simply by a single attack to any mob in map -- meanwhile my MAIN char is grinding away doing actual socialization (FM hoeing) and progression-type (bossing/farming/merching) activities in game while other poor saps have no choice but to witness this nonsense?? C'monnnnn. If you are going to create protection laws against monopolistic instances such as KS'ing then create protection laws against MONOPOLY!! Please don't be partial to the matter! Either that or make Anego timer a variable one with a range of +/- 6~12 hours so that the camper mule puts in EXTRA work. A PLAYER THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO KILL THE INTENDED TARGET SHOULD NOT HAVE MAP RIGHTS.

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Wait but ppl always have mules holding Manon maps.. should we disallow that too? :thinking:

Once again a problem of slippery slope. And defining what a "mule" is and is not... good underlying intentions but hard to apply such rules

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ixoraz

Ixoraz Horny Mushroom

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    NightMareZ
    As far as variable timers are concerned, nego already has a variance of 7~9 between respawns. Until you start doing full-time negos, dont assume its easy maintaining timers =) It takes an entire guild to accomplish this jus fyi, especially so when you start having overlapping respawn 10+ waves after reset.

15. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    The 'mule' is one that lacks the ability to kill the intended target. A step further (but ideal) would be that
    a mule is considered as one that is unable to kill the intended target before the next target-respawn.

16. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    the solution is simple
    get rid of this ridiculous stuff and relive the real maple nostalgia with the liberty to hit without getting concernd of being banned

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    anego is a exp boss right?
    except of the comb she doesnt drop anything else usefull.

from what i see they dont want anyone else to get angeo exp since they dont wanna grind or something.

best solution would be mapowner is disabled in that map
    or there is a exception in the rules for this. i dont think its allowed to do something like that.

18. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

8:38 AM
    She drops yellow snowshoes as well which sell for 30-60mil

19. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    8:38 AM
    Just three days ago I had this issue as well, some moron called 'RandomSam' (I can't even find that char in the rankings anymore, probably banned) anyway, he was holding onto a petris map, would hit petris once every 3-4 minutes and hang on the rope for the other half. I used @GM and Jamie replied that it is permitted, which is unfortunate.
    I'd rather have people sharing their accounts to climb faster on the rankings than have people disrupting me from being able to climb myself

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Pro-tip: go on a mule, enter the map on the left side and kill the mobs. If theyre afk, new mobs will spawn on the safe platform and kill them. Then take map owner. Happy anegoing!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1