1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making parts of Horntail elementally-weak

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AioriaX, Feb 24, 2021.

1. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    12:57 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Hello friends! Was wondering what you guys would think about the above suggestion. Responses with Pros and Cons invited!

Basically I'm suggesting making parts of Horntail elementally weak, as Heroes and DKs now benefit from the Horntail Head hit-box range buff, and they can cleave more, our Paladin friends would likely feel discriminated.

If Horntail is now changed to have a small elemental weakness damage-buff, it would not only invite more Paladins to hit harder as they shine in their single-target damage as a warrior, but it would invite more mages into Horntail runs as well (considering how Bishops are almost always essential anyway).

What do you think?
    Disclaimer:- No I don't have a mage/paladin. This does not benefit me in any way.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:57 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    +1 on this suggestion, only when this comes with buff of HT HP compensation for that.

if we combine making HT elemental-weakness for parts and buffing HP of HT, it can change relative positions of classes between elemental-based and none-based, preventing making HT too dumb.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    12:57 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    It would be also neat if horntail heads could cycle different element weaknesses, sorta like weap/magic cancel so you don't just braindead stand in one spot and spam one key.

I'm all for the change but I would be worried it would render buccs into a total mule role.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I think its inevitable some classes have specific skills/buffs that are useful to others and that makes them become ''mules''.
    This is not limited to buccs for SI though.

We see alot of SE mules as well in the server - although less in HT, its not inexistent. I know someone who brings his own washed bowmaster as an SE mule inside HT. We also see HS mules and sed mules (washed NLs or shadowers).

I think the problem with mule-ing is an entirely different issue. I still can't seem to see how this would come off as a complete harm to buccaneers though. As a matter of fact, I kinda see it as an indirect buff to buccs in HT?

As now heroes and DKs can multi-cleave and focus heads, it's less restricting, and more attractive, to invite warriors into runs. They will not be causing early mass-sed as they can focus cleaving heads instead of wings-arms. If more warriors (and now including paladins) are invited to Horntail (and soon becomes an acceptable meta), I forsee more buccaneers being invited into runs. Do you agree?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    9:57 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    We about to see F/P and I/L's become viable attackers at HT. Definitely warranted after 5-6F nerfs. Make it happen let's go.

6. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    True... I/L has been getting nerf so much recently especially in mobbing, I believe they should get be more viable in bossing.

And also paladin is not a great cleaver in HT, so does his single target skill against non-elementally weakness boss.

I hope to see more mages getting recruited in the discord bossing group and more paladin players in end game bosses

7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    9:57 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    If chain lightning can 3-cleave heads now (has anyone confirmed), I think F/P should probably get some corresponding buff, like making some parts poison weak. I think making them Ice/Fire weak might be a little too strong for mages. You'd be seeing a lot of 200k lines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. paladin

paladin Slime

Apr 17, 2020
    Warrior
  9. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    And yet most classes that are always wanted into the bossing group are NL/sair/bishop/hero... as a standard bossing parties. This has cause
    classes like paladin to be underplayed, and AM as a pure selling leech class

10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    12:57 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I guess I should've mentioned it would be a nerf in the context of 6-man comps. Buccs generally fill the same role as pallys in HT as single-target dmg dealers at left/mid head and the former does slightly less dummy dpm than the latter (the difference is generally larger since buccs don't have 100% stance uptime). Giving pallys a 1.5x dmg boost via elemental weakness I feel would overtake the dmg gains from having SI. You could still have a bucc in a 6-man including a cleave+pally at the cost of an extra NL/SE spot which seems silly to me. It might only be worth it if your SE was an MM. But even then, hero/DKs can do double a buccs dmg when cleaving two heads so why even bring a bucc?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Stability, flexibility, insane utility, not bad DPM coming together and most important, friendship.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. BumBum

BumBum Mano

Feb 26, 2020
    Male
    MacaoBum
    Bandit
  13. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    7:57 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Idk if Paladins need help on their damage in HT.
    I ran HT with 17x paladin yesterday with decent gear and he already did 80 to 130k crits on tail (assuming it's his damage on the whole run but the tail is where I saw his only damage without others)
    I think if we compare it the BM or NL the damage would be quite equal
    With that being said I think HH skill should be equal as Paladin's Blast skill, this way it will not be dummy 200k lines but the real player output damage. I suggested it before too.
    Also, I saw some streams of mages on bosses and they were actually really good.
    Anything to boost mages on bosses I would agree cause it will be something interesting to see (I don't have any mage)

14. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    paladin is the worst single target dpm classes in HT tbh

15. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    With my experience with paladins I can't agree on that. If the paladin have Si and all other buffs I'm pretty sure the output damage will be really close if not better than others single target classes.
    Even if you right, and paladins sucks on single target, buffing their damage on HT only will not solve the problem with paladin damage in general, but only on HT.
    Therefore I suggested to buff their HH skill to be equal as their Blast skill (same output).
    This way, their damage will get buff and not only on HT.

16. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    paladin surely do get alot dmg from party buffs but the reason is that pally is not a good cleaver and they are shit when dpm against non elemental bosses in HT

17. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Paladin is not a cleave class.
    If you take paladin it's spot is on ranged attacker spot.
    And tbh 80 to 120k per hit with Si is not bad at all, what would you like to get ? 200k lines all through the run?

18. NostalgicaL

NostalgicaL Mano

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    NostalgicaL
    Cleric
    GodDuckness
    paladin is a melee class, lol and any NL doing ~30k could totally white that paladin bruh

19. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Do you have a NL ?
    Do you know what it requires to NL crits 30k on HT?
    And do you also take in your comparation the non crits of NL? (Which basically could be low than 10k a row)
    If you want to compare NL to Paladin you should compare it on gear wise.
    And yet again I think paladins don't need any help on their Blast damage but buffing their HH could cause nothing but fair buff.
    Paladin is melee class but its not multi target class and I think when people say 'cleave' they actually mean multi target damage class
    Which paladin is not.