1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information November 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    6:29 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I swear to God, NLs have the biggest victim complex I've ever seen. Have you considered that in terms of balance and fairness that the other classes who were not able to have any sort of mobility skills in APQ and CWKPQ bonus are just fucked in comparison? Of course not, because NLs have to be BETTER in terms of everything, other classes be damned. Have a bit of empathy and think about other players like MMs and Warriors who might not have any mobility skills and struggled to open their boxes.

People like you who whine about leveling the playing field as "staff nerfing NLs for no reason" need a reality check. If you really think that making everyone have an equal chance at opening boxes in fucking PQ bonus is worth complaining about I really don't know what to say. Also, mages and teleport were also affected so using it as ammo for NL nerfs is ridiculous.

• Great Work x 18
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. aiatsui

aiatsui Red Snail

Aug 1, 2022
    Female
    Okayama
    Night Lord
    Prism
    yeah I like a lot of these changes and really appreciate the creativity in some of these fixes! but I don't understand why mages who choose not to pour all their points into int immediately are suddenly being penalized more severely - did luk mages really need a nerf? or mages who are new and can't afford expensive lukless gear - enough they do less damage, but now even *worse* damage for not following a formulaic route? what about mages who are holding onto ap to wash but simply don't have the nx yet - doesn't that actively discourage them from playing and progressing their character in a game meant to reward you for your progression? genuinely not trying to be sassy or anything here, maybe I'm just misunderstanding but I just don't quite understand what this change is meant to target as an issue. I would feel super bad for players who then feel punished for playing the game without resources or knowledge.

for cwk bonus stage losing out on movement speed and skills, will this also correct them to have the door spawned them in the center or something? The fix for drops is awesome, but it does beg the question of if people who roll to loot the furthest boxes, like top right, inherently lose out because it takes them a lot longer to get to and loot their boxes. just something to consider!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:29 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Players will be needing new CWKPQ box distribution plans, unless the spawn point is also moved to the middle of the map

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Is there any chance we can get a quick spawn point change for cwkpq to be in the center? The speed/jump nerf is awful for anyone unfortunate enough to win top right boxes.

• Agree Agree x 18
  5. ljtino3

ljtino3 Slime

Dec 29, 2022
    4:29 PM
    Buccaneer
    Impressive changes.
    What about the bug that the pirate boss in CWKPQ makes players dc when touching him?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    9:29 PM
    Excellent work continuing to polish the server with the PQ changes! Non-mage skill changes are interesting as well, making it more rewarding for end game mage mains.

NiseNise frankly speaking the new mage damage formula is a little too overwhelming for me, could you expand more on this part below?

> 3. Levelling without adding AP into INT will decrease skill damage

• Every +1 level will require at least +5 INT to have an increase in damage
    • Having less than 5 INT added will result in a lower damage than the previous level
    • The 5th INT added will have a slight increase in damage
    • More than 5 INT added will result in a large increase in damage

Does this mean that LUK mages will get shafted? Or does them adding 5 LUK instead of 5 INT to their AP but maintaining the same TMA increment for the level up mean that their damage will remain the same?

• The magic damage formula for the above list of mage skills are now:
      Code:
      Let Z = (Level * 5) + 17

NEW MAX = {(Z²/100000 + 23 * Z/2000 - 8) + [(Magic - Z)²/18750 + (Magic - Z)/5] } * Spell Attack

NEW MIN = {(Z²/100000 + 23 * Z/2000 * (Mastery * 1.7 + 43) * 0.0134 - 8) + [(Magic - Z)²/18750 + (Magic - Z)/5 * (Mastery * 1.7 + 43) * 0.0134] } * Spell Attack

Based on my understanding of the new formula, there is no differentiation of INT and LUK just 5 stats per level so damage for LUK mages should not be affected contrary to what most people think?

I'm thinking perhaps you meant to say this instead?
    • Every +1 level will require at least +5 TMA to have an increase in damage
    • Having less than 5 TMA added will result in a lower damage than the previous level
    • The 5th TMA added will have a slight increase in damage
    • More than 5 TMA added will result in a large increase in damage

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    7:29 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It's a nerf to everyone, speed is capped at 100% for everyone, and no teleport/flash jump. We're all on an even playing field, the hardest part now will be for people that get rolled for the far right side of bonus. GL to them cause they won't get any boxes anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:29 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I was thinking about it, cwk is a content with few people, I hope this speed/jump doesn't affect the people who do it since most of them did it in a few man

9. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    That and proper aggro fixes would be nice. Having NL's sit on the teleporter fucking up aggro every single run is getting old. (Hence why I no longer recruit them for my runs LEL)

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:29 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Overall I liked the changes, well done team! let's see in practice (I hope cwk doesn't die)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    IMO its not the same degree of nerf. There is no reason not to gear a NL just because you can no longer easily loot 2-3 man boxes

But 2/3-man CWK is the primary motivation (financially anyway) for gearing a Hero, aside from selling Scarga helms maybe. Every other content, Hero can fulfill its role on base stats alone.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Although I see where you're coming from, from someone who does multiclienting (to some extent) I'm more than happy to see multiclienting nerfs (2 man cwkpq)

Regardless we are all even, NL's and mages just had a increased advantage in bonus, and the advantage was removed.

13. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    how the freaking mushroom you don't understand what i say!!! people use LUK for weapon and equipment!!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    If you level up without adding int, then it will hurt your damage. Leveling up and adding int still contributes (although less) to damage of the skills listed above. To reiterate, this change does not affect ults and other skills not listed above.

Only the listed 4th job attacking skills have changed formula. This does not affect pre-4th progression.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I'm curious what the reasoning was behind this? Im not against or for the change until I can understand it more, but I see this hurting HP washing mages who are nx bound from leveling.

16. ljtino3

ljtino3 Slime

Dec 29, 2022
    4:29 PM
    Buccaneer
    What does this means? :confused:

17. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    3:29 PM
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
    Run CWKPQ and find out!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. aiatsui

aiatsui Red Snail

Aug 1, 2022
    Female
    Okayama
    Night Lord
    Prism
    thank you for explaining!! Ok, so this is not an entire build change, just targeted to those specific skills. That's not as bad as I thought then.

but just to clarify so I totally understand - say if a lvl 140 does 25k with chain lightning, and then levels up. so before putting any ap into int, would they do less than 25k now? If so, would it make sense to think of this as every level the mage will suffer a deficit that weakens those skills, and you adding some int helps bring you back to a slight increase, with 5 int being the most significant increase? I'm just trying to wrap my head logically around this to make sure I fully understand. Appreciate you taking the time to explain.

19. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    It looks like an attempt to nerf naked high level mages.

20. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I wonder if this can be avoided by not leveling big bang until you have 30 SP saved, and level it all in one go once all AP are fully reset to Int (in the case of MP and/or HP washing)