1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Aufheben EV Be Higher?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Nov 19, 2023.

Tags:

Should Auf EV be buffed?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:16 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    but the ppl will still only run til finish helmet
    an alternative storage or something to get a backup helm

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:16 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, it is true that auf has reversed the typical cleaver vs range hierarchy. But, in a boss like horntail, there is an option to do a less efficient run (more than 6 players) so that you can still participate if you are playing a disadvantaged class. In auf, thats not an option because of the 6 sign limit, and most runs can only carry 1 disadvantaged class at most.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    Yeah, but it is still frustrating when you clear auf 3 times and only come out with one bad helm that's not worth scrolling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How many suboptimal comp runs are not clearing because of the time limit?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ako

Ako Red Snail

May 31, 2021
    4:16 PM
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    My team was bucc/2*nl/se/warrior/bsp

6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:16 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's crazy to me that players put thousands of hours into leveling and gearing and then spend time to organize parties and clear bosses and come out with a loss in terms of potion costs and opportunity cost. There's no reason to defend that IMO. If you can clear the boss and aren't playing horribly or massively underleveled you should walk away with a profit or good items 100% of the time. As it is a lot of content doesn't respect the players' time and effort. That is demoralizing and makes people quit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bump

auf sux

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    4:16 AM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    There really isn't much need for service due to the lvl req and since ur running, you can attack and contribute to the helm. Doesn't make sense to pay for a helm when you are also going part of the work. Also kind of odd to just have a 175 char just chillin while getting a helm. I agree I think the drops need to be adjusted. Yeah coins are great and the helmet is op, but there is a lack of scrolls for the helm in which are trying to increase stats based on your main. Suck to get a helm then boom it and gotta do it all over again. Like Zakum but more of a pain

I have never ran auf bc I'm still trying to get through all the NT stuff, which is another push back is due to the press being so damn long and grueling. Throw a decent % of mw20 and a small batch of mw30. Maybe implement new gear? Storm Caster Gloves?

I feel like there isn't much attention to this boss in the past month or so. It's rare I see a auf run popping up in-game throughs mega, let alone guild/alliance chat. There just isn't much motivation or people to keep the interest afloat right now. Don't get me wrong I want to run and experience the boss too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:16 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Considering there are 5 man Auf's and possibly? Less if a Mw30 dropped at 850c, thats a 544m split if dividing by 5. That would be insanely broken

11. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Looking at it that way, yeah it would be broken. BUT it would also help drive the price down bc for some it's redic hard to get mw30 without going bankrupt. Maybe dumb short term but long term it may work itself out? I'd just like to see more people running as I feel like it's been slowly dying out. I mean what is the cost of pots and the length of the run with 5man? is it really worth?

12. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I feel like with a drop rate slightly lower than HT for Mw20 it would be alright, but very few people can afford Mw30 anyways, I doubt it would affect the market enough to make it affordable personally

13. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Maybe so, but there would have to be something to help others get mw30 because it does seem like hard task to obtain and the ones who spend resources and hours achieving it realized it wasn't really worth it. So I guess what I am saying it to make it worth its while.

14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The reason people buy service is because it’s extremely difficult to craft a run to bring a NL. Bringing a NL means you need an Archer, which means 2 slots are now ranged characters, which instantly adds 5-10 minutes to the run, more if they’re unskilled. Most hosts would rather just recruit 3-4 heroes, paladins and Shads and have quicker more consistent runs, as those classes will deal more DPM and die far less.

So for a NL, your most consistent path to getting a helm is either buying service, duo attacking, or running 5 man and leaving the NL in the corner.

15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The server does not need additional MW30 availability. It’s supposed to be an endgame optimization you only go for once you’re well funded. Adding MW30 will only eat into PB profits as one of the staple items for PB would fall in price.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    mw30 availability is also already looking very high in end game bossing and might hit some semi-saturation threshold soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Ive also been noticing alot more mw30 runners in my content, seems more people are passing it

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:16 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I partly agree with the MW 20 idea, it could work

19. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I too have noticed more mw30 mailers these days and at time randoms have it that I wouldn't think (like 17x). But if you're lvl 200 and don't have mw30 it isn't the end of the world but some choose not to go down that path. It's already hard enough farming cs/ws for equips xD. But I see what're saying about NL's, I think that's just is what it is at this rate.

20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Would rather not see Auf competing for splits with HT. The fight doesn't need unique drops like this. Good suggestions have already been posted (Pouch 3 -> Pouch 4, increase Pouch drop rate, raise Pouch floor, raise Helm drop rate, raise Helm floor). The fight itself could likely use tweaks too to make it less of a drag.

• Agree Agree x 1