1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:14 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Huh, so horntail isn't for "casual" players? That is new to me. I guess that depends on what your definition of "casual" is.

2. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    2:14 AM
    People keep using this argument but it's so wrong. No, I didn't sign up for Legends because of HP washing, believe it or not. I signed up because I could tell that it had a good community, caring staff, a good reputation and long uptime, and a close to GMS experience of playing. I didn't sign up because of washing, as I'm sure a lot of people didn't, because like most people I didn't HP wash when playing GMS in 2007. It's not a "selling-point" of the server, it's a hinderance to it. Leeching isn't really the same thing. Unless you're saying I should get a refund if I paid someone 4m for 4 hours of leech, and then they start selling 4 hours for 3m.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    11:14 AM
    Personally never signed up for any server cause of washing. I do have plans to wash quite a bit here but I consider it more of a necessary evil rather than a 'feature' of v.62.

I'd take alternatives to washing if it was possible. An example is gear coming with HP clean and all scrolls rewarding the item with a bit of bonus HP and just patch out washing altogether. With that said I don't think this should be implemented here because the server has already been around a long time. I like the idea of boosting HP gain from HP scrolls though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner

That would suit me even better, but the whole quest thingy idea is even further away from the original then the whole vote thingy, and it was only a donor item very early, i dont think it was a donor item in the patch were in now... Besides, back then you had to buy NX cash (wich is the same as donating i guess) So still.... Donating/Byung them is original....

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Old players keep repeating "Yes it's a broken mechanic, but it's part of what v62 is about."

If I were able to play original v62 GMS today, I'd be able to buy 120.000 NX a day in my current living situation. (As I'm sure anyone else with a job would be)
    However, on this server I'm getting 5.000 NX a day.
    Therefore the old players argument on HP washing, that it is currently a nostalgic experience, is infact invalid.
    It's a huge hassle.
    It's a 24 times bigger hassle to HP wash on this server, than it would be for me to HP wash on original v62 GMS.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:14 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Not really v62, more like Legends itself because it is slow paced. If the rates were 6x or 8x exp (maybe even 4x) it wouldn't make sense to have the hp washing because the levels would be way faster than acquiring the nx plus the fact that if the exp rate is higher, usually the drop and meso are as well, so it would be easier to scroll gear. However, in Legends everything is slow paced and if you are waiting for the nx, then you are doing something wrong because I can promise you that you probably dont have good enough gear to be wasting your time waiting. And if you don't care about gear, add points to hp and reset them later on (if you don't care about gear, you are saying you don't care about damage which means you won't mind losing damage from adding points to hp)

Since you talk about definitions OnionListen
    1. relaxed and unconcerned.
    2. not regular or permanent, in particular.
    "Unconcerned"...which means they don't care much about the game...which means they don't care if they do ht or not.

"Not regular or permanent" which means they won't be significant players because they won't remain through time which means they shouldn't be the ones voting to change the server to just leave it sooner or later

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    When I see the elitist players throwing around the word casual, this usually means:

1) Isn't concerned about the most optimal of bossing conditions.
    2) Doesn't nolife and grind all hours for ppl2pass.
    3) Is willing to take things slow and have fun.
    4) Doesn't like extreme washing just to boss.
    5) Likes to play the game how it was meant to be played, not doing anything to get ahead.

None of this actually means being unconcerned or nonpermanent. I've been here like 2 years, don't play so often now, but still get called casual all the time. Why? Cause I mained a mage?

Maybe when chew initially said "casual", they meant "normal". Cause I don't even think a normal player would want to fuck around with such effort when it comes to HP washing. It's not that washing is a "feature" that is so specific to v62 and makes it what it is, but rather it's been repeatedly agreed that it's some broken loophole Neckson took advantage of.

Speaking of all this nonsense, if we are supposed to not care about how long a person has been around when considering their opinion, why are we going to care about if a person is a casual player, a normal player, or a hardcore player? It's the same difference. We just can't let either viewpoint take over and wreck the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    5:14 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    little off topic, but going by these rules you'd consider someone like BaboBabo a casual right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    so what i think youre trying to get across is you, and the other older players, like investing time into hp washing. and that is the one of the contributing reasons you joined legends. and because dramatically dropping the nx price of ap resets, will speed up that process, that is why youre ultimately against it?
    is this correct?

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I wouldn't know. But I mean how could you be among the first to level 200 by killing bosses and be casual? xD

..or be in Demure.

Oh, also, I'm not saying those are my rules, but as was stated, that's what the elitists seem to think a casual player is. Basically, those with a different mindset that aren't willing to do what they're willing to do.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Uh I'll just go down the list.

1. Optimal bossing conditions -> Used HP gear/barely washed, relying on shadow shifter/DKs to keep him alive
    2. Literally sat in FM every day playing omok and doing nothing.
    3. ^
    4. Refer to 1.
    5. Refer to 2. He's one of the most well known-players for a reason, playing the game how it was meant to be played (very subjective), i.e socializing, playing random games, doing a lot of quests, etc

Only reason he hit 200 first was because he pretty much never left the server. You can relate it to the story of the turtle and the rabbit or whatever that shit is.

And just because you kill some bosses doesn't mean you can't be casual? I mean clearly everyone will have slightly different definitions.

And as with Demure, well "that's just like, your opinion man" TriHard

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So if you are saying Babo is a casual player, what happened to that claim that HT isn't for casual players?

OnionXD

This is why I would rate those criteria as being a "normal player". But some people seem to think "playing normally" is just the same as "playing casually", which isn't fair.

In any case, HT should be available to all normal players who put in enough time and level up their characters high enough. Maybe scrolling for HP could work? But it won't if people are going to be assholes and not take them on a run because they're using HP gear, and thus their damage is decreased by 2%.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. slycooper

slycooper Slime

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Beginner
    Only the elitist and their inner circle can do HT

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I mean, in a truly hardcore server (I can put Royals as an example) someone like babo would never be let into a horntail run. Legends is in a weird spot where there's a significant discrepancy between a new wave of players and the old ones that remained from a while ago:

- Legends had a dip last year in playerbase
    - Legends had an explosion of newer players this year

In some post you had earlier you explained the exact reasons why "newer" players have a higher barrier of entry to horntail than older players, some simply being trust (i.e looting system, one person loots for all, when new players join it's hard to know whether or not they can be trusted to not run across the loots like a boosted monkey)

If you're saying that people that have put a ton of time and effort into playing shouldn't be rewarded for doing so, or retroactively everyone is rewarded for putting in less effort, that's a different point to be debated on.

Scrolling for HP should work at the cost of lower dps. Horntail is "technically" available for all normal players, but there will always be something that is optimized to "do more", which is the nature of a lot of older MMOs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:14 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Lionheart, if I ever get to the point where I can horntail, I'll accept people even if they have to use HP gear - as long as they are trustworthy.

The way to destroy the problem "if people are going to be assholes" is to simply be an "anti-asshole" yourself and host runs that allow people who wear HP gear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yes, because guilds like Project and Demure are totally putting mules at preheads 24/7 to stop people from entering the cave.

No one is stopping you from forming your own group to go and HT.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    thank you, finally illuminati confirmed

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    BibleThump E X P O S E D BibleThump

19. slycooper

slycooper Slime

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Beginner
    form my own group when it takes 40 years to HP wash. Elitist voting against cheaper AP resets makes me think

1. They want everyone to suffer like they did
    2. They want to maintain control of the server

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You know what, you're right. While we're at it why don't we provide every new account with a Level 200 30k HP/MP attacker decked out with perfect gear.

Maybe that way we'll get some legit competition for once PogChamp

While someone else goes to make a poll for this brilliant no-brainer suggestion, why don't you enlighten us exactly as to how "elitists" are exerting control over the server?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3