1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Retrieving borrowed equip from banned player.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by solameyap, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:39 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Hijacking this thread to clear something up for myself:

In the past, I've lent out items under the assumption that if I screenshotted a transaction and condition for return, and the item was stolen or not returned on time, I could get it back while administrative action was taken against the offending player. Is this true?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:39 PM
    tbh I was under this impression as well, especially when HP gear used to be lent out often for Zakum runs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:39 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Clearly not when the offending player gets banned. And if the staff then can ban people for scamming, they can get banned with your items. Hence the offending player is banned so I'm guessing if it gets stolen, all you can really get is administrative action against the thief, but no return of items.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:39 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'd think it depends on the reason they are being banned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    solameyap

solameyap Mushmom

Oct 17, 2017
    Male
    2:39 AM
    Beginner
    Wow didn't expect this much going on overnight! Thks for taking the time on your response shotshot. Well I guess we can agree to disagree on some points. Just to clarify again, I didn't quit the game because of the claw. I did say that it was due to me being disappointed with how this matter was handled. But I'm glad that I conveyed my message to the GMs and that you mentioned that there are things you guys can improve on. With that I've achieved what I hoped for with that long post. :)

As for LionheartLionheart, I guess that'll be option 2. Basically besides being friends in maple, both of us are Singaporeans and we have sisters who are close in game and have met outside too. We are like a guild based in Singapore and we arrange meet ups outside of the game to hang out as well. But ofcourse whether or not he did the deed or it was a wrongful ban.. I would not know. No matter how close of a friend you are with someone. There are still things that won't be shared. Being close friends doesn't mean I will know everything about him or her. So yup hope that explains it.

Anyways! I hope that the new players reading this will not be hesitant to start on the server because of this issue.This is just one incident that did not end well for me. Overall the GMs still did a great job responding to needs and queries in many other scenarios. Believe me when I say that the community here is really friendly and awesome. I guarantee that you will definitely meet many nice people and have tons of fun in the server. Like I did.

• Like Like x 4
  6. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    2:39 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Handling of character issues, ban appeals etc.
    We don't expect immediate action, as OP mentioned, a short weekly update, "we haven't forgotten you, and will come back to you", meant a lot.
    We want updates and transparency.
    Shots you seems to be a good GM.
    You have now given us hope. The entire community will be watching.
    Keep up the good work

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    1:39 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Correct!
    As long as you thoroughly record all the transactions and a person fails to meet the condition for return, that will be counted as scamming thus we will take necessary actions to punish and try our best to retrieve the items back.

This case was unique in a way that OP loaned it out of goodwill to a "friend" with no condition for return, in addition to a person getting permanently banned from the server by a whole different reason other than this. Had the person not been banned nor a clear return conditions were present, we would have been able to help out and investigate more on this issue. It just sucks that this wasn't the case this time, which means there's nothing much we can do to assist further.

Bottom line is, you just need to record anything you can and be super clear on having a condition for return when you are lending items to other people, as well as trusting that person enough to the point that they will not run away or get banned while using your item. If you have doubts for any of the above, I'd advise you to either not lend out or count it as an acceptable risk before lending it out so that you won't be too affected when things like this happen. As long as these two conditions are met, we should be able to take care of rest from there ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    2:39 PM
    Sarina
    I wish you the best of luck. If this was World of Warcraft, Blizzard Entertainment would give your equips back to you.

9. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    8:39 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I so totally agree with this. I've had many private threads with GMs where I had to spam them to even get a single "we're working on it". At one point I never even got a response, even after spamming.

Sorry to go off topic, but it felt important to mention as I've heard the same complaint from others :)

Good job comparing billion dollar companies with many paid employees to a private non-profit volunteer based organization...

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I agree with this as well, this weeds out any attempts to gain any items that belonged to the banned player and just attempting to gain them by saying "They were mine, give them back".

11. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Neckson was never really helpful either. I guess its a Maplestory thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    1:39 PM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    Just bad luck overall my man, things to learn from this
    Dont give out gear ever unless you just dont care about the game
    Dont trust people