1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Corsair + Monster Book Ring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mettzi, Dec 14, 2019.

1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    1:57 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about returning to Legends and creating a Corsair. I remember hearing that there is a monster book ring that gives +HP. My question is, if I do 0 HP washing but instead focus on the monster book ring, will I have enough HP for Horntail? If not, how much washing would be required in addition to the ring?

Thanks!

2. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    10:57 PM
    magykarp
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
  4. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    They did ask how much washing would be required in addition to the ring which brings me to believe that they're open to compromising to washing a little. There are also other HP equips such as Mark of Naricain (300 hp), Blackfist Cloak (300 hp), and Pet Equip HP scrolls to help you reach your hp goal as well.

6. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Ah, you're right. I retract myself FoxGhost

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    7:57 AM
    yooooo wb MapleF2MapleF14

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I will probably include some light HP washing. I might end up farming up meso for some INT equips on my priest. I appreciate the help though! At least I have the monster book ring to fall back on.

9. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

For your reference, here's my unwashed base HP with < 5 washes at 151. HT requires what like 6.1k HP??? 6.2k??? before HB? I dont think I had a monster book ring at this time because im a piece of shit. +HP equips worn here are probably clean MoN (300 HP), Ellin ring, LPQ glasses, scar helm.

It's definitely doable with no washes and a monster book ring :) Corsairs dont get good at HT for a LONG while (probably after 165), so you should have no concerns with HP washing as long as you're okay with needing HB

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'm not sure if a Corsair should be made with Horntail in mind, if that's your biggest expectation with the character. The damage is huge and the class is fun, and they're really good at everything except for Horntail, like Neo-Tokyo, but that requires more HP than HT does, and would require some washing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Corsair can do well at horntail - not as good as nightlords but they can definetely deal out some decent damage. However, it requires significant investment to do so.

You will need to be ~level 180. This is because corsairs scale very well with levels. Not only does your ship get more HP, but you also get more avoid meaning that you get hit less which indirectly further increases your ship time.

You will also need actual skills. Playing corsair in horntail requires ALOT of attention and micro management. It took me many, many, many runs to just figure out how to stay on platforms.

I still have a lot of room for improvement at horntail, but I would think my dps is starting to become somewhat decent at it.

Also, yes, you don't need to hp wash to horntail on a corsair, but if you want to be a serious corsair player I would strongly recommend washing.

Corsairs have very low avoidability - meaning you get hit a lot more often than other classes during bossing. This makes your cost to play sair on boss runs a lot higher than other classes. HP washing helps mitigate this by making it cost less to play your corsair.

• Informative Informative x 1