1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Boss Equips: Removing 'One-of-a-kind' (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2020.

Would you prefer MapleLegends with:

Poll closed Aug 21, 2020.
  1. More than 'one-of-a-kind' but untradeable boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

168 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Only 'one-of-a-kind' boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

163 vote(s)
    49.2%
  1. cansif

cansif Mano

Aug 8, 2017
    Male
    4:03 PM
    Bishop
    Nerf the mage ultimate meso droprate, a reverse mesoup, mesoDOWN.

increase NPC value of boss etc items, like scarlion's foot.

Making items even easier to achieve and obtain is similar to the very issue that created this problem. 65% rain.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. LegendFive

LegendFive Blue Snail

Jul 31, 2020
    Male
    3:03 AM
    LegendFive
    Cleric
    I think this will certainly boost the economy quite a bit, and the downsides seem marginal at worst. The only possible problem I'm worried about might be that selling runs for zakum helms might become less desirable, although this too may just increase the economy by raising the price and circulating more mesos. All in all, I'm for the change. Plus you can always revert the change if it ends horribly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    4:03 AM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    Before going through a big drastic change like this I would prefer we look into creating more viable grinding spots for all levels (and all classes, not just mages) if you want to generate more mesos into the maple economy. Seems like a simpler change that isn’t going to completely change a game mechanic. If you’re trying to focus on bosses and their rewards, making the bosses drop a couple mill (depending on the boss) in raw mesos or just increasing the drop rate of equips for runners to npc afterwards would basically be this change without changing a game mechanic. However increasing equip drops will probably have another effect of lowering the prices of the equips that are profitable like red cravens as they’re dropped from a multitude of bosses.

Overall I just feel like there are ways to address the issues you are trying to solve without a change this big

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    1:03 AM
    > keep nerfing people's ability to grind (for mesos or exp) to the point where bossing is the only effective training method
    > low lvl bossing (mainly zak) is cost ineffective / usually run at a loss.
    > noone has mesos except for mages
    The issue really is lack of viable higher level grinding.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lkl

Lkl Snail

Dec 1, 2019
    Male
    Bombom
    Bowmaster
    I dislike the idea of removing "one of a kind item" label for boss equips, it will make the game too easy and less challenging. scrolling end game equip should not be easy and as always u have to sacrifice for it. Booming as sad as it is - a part of process in perfecting end game equips. Remove the risk only introduce a new concept of maplestory to maplelegends.

Few suggestions i had in mind:
    Boss runs/ HT/ Zak, Scar/Targa: Limit the runs to only 2 days instead of daily run.

Reduce the time duration for :-
    Zakum to 30 minutes
    Horntail to 1 hr 30 minutes
    CWKPQ to 45 minutes

Reduce the drop rate for cwkpq Bonus 30% scrolls / taos

for increase raw meso generation for non-mages, we can reward players who participated in the boss run an exchange item for mesos once they're exit from the map.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
  6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    The game is already challenging, x2 exp x1 meso drop x3 quest? Some people don't like questing or doing PQs, they're grinders.

No x2 exp/x2 drop coupons in cash shop, no Chaos Scroll drops from image below
    Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.53.46 AM.png

7. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    I would like to see these changes! Bossing feels like its just not worth it and this could bring a bit of heat to it. If you do make boss drops NPC-able please do this for rav helms as well. Feels bad to have 20 useless rav helms

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Aren't Ravana Helms statless? Until 2nd 3rd or 4th one? (is it a leveling type helm? idk I never done it even in old maplestory)

9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    There is 3, One is statless, one is up to +6 all and one is up to +20 all. None of them are one of a kind. But it would be nice to have them NPC-able(nothing crazy high), you have to do the pre quest for every single helm.

10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Ravana is one of the easiest bosses in the game and drops quite a few equips from the times I've ran it. It's not unreasonable to kill ravana in like 10 minutes and get enough equips to npc and make 1-2m. Makes it better than zak already imo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Biggest annoyance for rav is finding someone to duo it with / getting garbage helms 9/10 times.

12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Surprisingly true now that I think about it and says a lot about the sad state of affairs for zak. Same goes for Papu (as in papu is like rav, easy mesos compared to zak)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Yeah zak is pretty bad, there is so little meso that splits arent even bothered with. Rav is definitely solo able in 10 minutes(its basically BF) but the pre quests take sometime. Id say the earnings are closer to 500-800k from npcing the drops, i usually get 0-3 equip drops.

I dont think npcing the helm for 100-200k would be unreasonable.

14. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    There are 4 helms actually, and the best helm which is Helm (0) is one-of-a-kind.
    Helm (1), (2) and (3) which is basically crap stats are not one-of-a-kind and are stackable.
    But once you get lucky and hit a Helm (0) with the 16-20 stat base, you wont be able to get another one until you drop it.

15. ElBolu

ElBolu Snail

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    BoluDozer
    Magician
    Ive read many comments saying that this is not a supply problem but rather a demand one, and i think the same.

Why i think this is not a good idea:

1) In my opinion, the solution you are proposing wont make much difference in terms of helping the Legend's economy. First the mesos you would get for selling the bosses equips wont change a thing, the effect over the players would be marginal. On the other hand, eliminating the One of a kind restriction would only favor the helmet scrolls and chaos scrolls, since bosses only drop helmets and pendants. Maple legends market is way bigger than just these scrolls, and to be honest i think these scrolls are already fairly priced.

2) Furthermore, doing this would make the funding of your gear and the game as a whole easier, becuase now there would be no risk in trying to improve your helmet and pendant. I think most of us like this server because unlike GMS its still difficult and challenging to build your character and damage, so changing this would kill the vibe.

As i said this is a demand problem, so either there isnt enoght new players to buy new bosses services and market items, or people dont have enough money to buy this services as much as they would like.

What i propose:

1) Make the farming of mesos more appealing either by increasing mesos or the equips drop rate so people can now farm their money instead of being forced to sell leech or bosses services. In other words increase the sources of income of players.

2) Encourage new people to enter the server or the actual players to create new characters. Like it or not the core of people in this game is playing to build his character into late game, this means YOU NEED TO HP WASH!! However, this is a problem because you need like 3 months of voting NX to do this correctly. This is why people dont create as many characters as they would like to, because you need to spend a lot of time accumulating this NX withought even being able to play him. I suggest bringing back the Neckson cash tickets drops of monsters from past event. This would make HP washing process easier and faster, since there are no pay to win items in cash shop this would be ok. And also you would be promoting hunting instead of leeching.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    10:03 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    This is incorrect. :) They are all not one-of-a-kind ingame. I don't know if the quest checks for Ravana Helmet, but the helmet does not have the one-of-a-kind tag ingame.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. WillG

WillG Red Snail

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    Traveler
    Crusader
    HOOD
    I don't think it's a good idea for removing one of a kind mainly due to #3. This may spike the prices of helm scrolls and increase the barrier to entry for new players.

In order to stimulate economy why don't we implement a bounty system? i.e a repeatable daily / weekly quest which rewards mesos for killing bosses (whether it is the same bosses or rotation of bosses). Another idea is to have the boss drop more meso / have the boss ETC items NPC for higher amounts. Or at the bare minimum make the one of a kind items 2 of a kind?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    The minor profitability bonus for boss runs this change would bring seems like a pretty minimal benefit vs the inevitable power creep this would bring as people are able to go wild chaosing helms and htps cause they have nothing to lose. I don't think people really need to more incentives to do stuff like zak, HT, and cwk anyway, these are already the most popular bosses in the game and people aren't going to stop running them anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    I believe the economy is fine as it is and pretty stable. Since the anniversary event the prices of scrolls have dropped but the value of the items (yellow marker, brown work gloves etc) have went up to meet the supply and demand. Removing one of a kind tag from MoN/Zak/Scar/HT will not encourage players to continue playing for a long term. I'd say the reason a lot of people are running HT (and consequentively lowering the price of Gen 30/MW 20) are people who leveled up enough to begin the end game content since Covid-19 (myself included) and with the anniversary event they were able to afford many goods (AP resets, scrolls etc) to finally geared up.

My understanding to encourage people to play the content is to give them purpose in completing the said contents (boss drops/achievements/rewards/quest chains) and simply upping the rewards are not good enough as people will get used to it. I suggest upping the EXP gained from each boss (to encourage people to level up their attackers rather than relying on leech) and gain more experience. If people didn't have to rely on leech to gain meso (aka bishop meta) and able to gain more than enough experience from bossing it would encourage the playerbase to create new ways of making meso. Also it would allow people to venture out to Neo Tokyo and other unknown bosses rather than fighting over skele/petri map

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    imagine can sel unique items
    descarga.png

• Disagree Disagree x 7