1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Boss Equips: Removing 'One-of-a-kind' (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2020.

Would you prefer MapleLegends with:

Poll closed Aug 21, 2020.
  1. More than 'one-of-a-kind' but untradeable boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

168 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Only 'one-of-a-kind' boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

163 vote(s)
    49.2%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    As a reminder please note that the poll by itself won't decide which road we go to, but give us an insight what part of the community in MapleLegends wishes as of right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:47 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Not that I disagree with adding random sed, but if you think that random sed will stop 6 man runs (or even 4 man runs) then you greatly underestimate the skill gap between your typical HT team and the truly competent HTers. I would posit that random sed would probably have a larger impact on the casual squads composed of players that don't know what they are doing compared to the elite tryhard squads where everyone can easily deal with sed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. MIGHTYshoni

MIGHTYshoni Slime

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    11:47 PM
    Shonii
    Marksman
    Pacifists
    After reading through the many suggestions and feedbacks from both OG and new players, the one that stood out for me was the daily boss quest.

What is it? It's a daily quest accessible to players from level 135 onwards to reward both mage and non-mage players to kill a particular boss for extra exp and bonus mesos.

What bosses? Zak, Ravana, Krex, Jiaoceng, HT, one of the bosses in CWKPQ and NT. Possible to extend this to mini bosses as well. The cool thing is that this can be randomised.

What bonus rewards might this quest give? Bonus 20-30% exp, 2-5 mil raw mesos (skip the meso bags and those NPC boss equips, droprates and stuffs), fame or unique accolade points that can be exchanged for a raffle/medal?

Benefits of the daily boss quest
    1. Players will be actively recruiting to kill that "boss of the day" and get it's daily reward
    2. Raw mesos will be injected into the economy. An additional source of mesos for non-mage players especially
    3. Players will start to know about these bosses which are available in the game and actually find out more about them. Like what's the min lvl to get exp or do they need to finish prequests for it. This will encourage players to share information and hopefully more players can get prequests done in order to participate in the boss fight and claim the rewards from the daily boss quest.
    4. Still addresses the concern that some players have over making boss EQs not one of a kind. It's just an uncomfortable change and brings about uncertainty to the helm and Chao scrolls market

It'll definitely be something to look forward to at reset. Today's boss kill is...... <TADA> and we need X players to kill it, preferably 1 bishop and Hb etc

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I would agree with adding random sed as a mechanic, but as someone has previously mentioned, you truly underestimate the skill of 4-6 man HT squads, where I can guarantee 80% of the squads have dex buccs in them. Most bishops in these runs are hyperwashed and probably need 2-3 hit on the tail before they die. With their skill, it isn't that hard to evade sed 3 times before needing to utilise the TL of a dexbucc. In fact, the casual runs are going to get screwed more badly from random sed. Your typical 12 man Bishop is probably unwashed and more concerned about trying to survive and spam mg rather than looking at every sed or wyvern animation and consistently casting gene.

This is where I would say the experience gap comes in for your casual once or twice per week 8 - 12 man. 30 runs is nothing compared to the 4-6 man that run daily at reset.

Mass sed doesn't apply to anybody except the first 10 that enter the map, not the last 2 that entered. Again, these are things you would naturally pick up once you do enough HTs. Back when you could multiclient on one computer, it wasn't uncommon that a 5 man squad had >10 characters in total so that the Bishop could enter after the 10th character and be immune to mass sed.

That may be true for your casual run, but I'm certain 1 party runs would just apple once or stew the entire run rather than add one more person

htisez.PNG

How is dexbucc p2w? You can literally have a functional one with 0 washing

5. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    5:47 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    thats because people who use dex buccs are mainly using it on a 2nd computer.
    how would you go about fixing the 4-6 man HT runs(so they wont be viable)?

6. Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
  7. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters

Please allow down-jump for the eruwater maps -_- It's already so hard to navigate even with flash jump when the steps on the platforms blocks all my stars too

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bipolarbear

bipolarbear Snail

Feb 4, 2020
    Male
    bipolarbear
    I/L Mage
    Mochi
    agree with some of the posts above re: giving meso rewards for completing bosses in response to the point about bringing more raw mesos in from runs. i think this is similar to what is done in current version maple where the bosses drop these crystals that sell for a considerable amount of mesos - i think it's very reasonable to provide some monetary compensation for bossing because it is quite costly potion-wise and is a social event that should be promoted anyhow!

9. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    5:47 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I agree.

10. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    *Laughs in bishop*

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    11:47 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Anybody requesting for completion rewards has to think about the multi clienters. Don’t implement something like NT where people bring in a ton of mules to get coins on completion. Such a terrible system.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    If we increase the raw meso rate on bosses that will actually lead to inflation due to increase in amount of bossing runs, which ironically will make the price of goods increase to a point where a newbie won't be able to afford said things. The better way would be increase the XP on bossing so that attacker classes will not have to rely on leeching which will decrease the amount of meso given to mages and incentivize attackers to continue play. Introducing another way of gaining raw meso will eventually lead to hyper inflation and severe rise or crash in market. Instead of introducing more variables that adds on the complicate state of market/playerbase I'd suggest look to shift the balance.

13. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:47 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Well no cus there's still more mesos being sunk by virtue of potion costs, divided by the number of runners. It merely offsets it by a slight degree, opposed to netting you more mesos. Therefore it'll be pretty hard to trigger an inflation (of a significant caliber)

14. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    8:47 AM
    When I tried to card hunt here it was pretty un fun, even with a 90% stun chance mob skill. Not to mention the card rate was horrible (0 in 1-2h).

The previous point about ranged was mainly in regards to showlin. I can see how this would be good for a ranged group, but the point still stands that not a lot of people want to do a 10+ hour quest just to grind at somewhere worse than existing places. With the release of PB this would likely change but it might be worthwhile to give a better monetary reward for completing the quests. When I was here on my hero it wasn't particularly fun as it was mostly running around chasing enemies.

One note, for warriors and archers at least, all of the good equip drops in TOT outside a few specifics are from road of regret. While this place does have the better layouts of the three areas, it's still pretty spread out. In addition the XP is pretty noncompetitive considering how much lower leveled the enemies are compared to oblivion (which is already slow exp / takes 5 mins of walking to get to). I know it would break progression a bit etc. but buffing the mobs in this area to more closely match road of oblivion in exp, health, damage etc. would make it a better grinding spot. Also the music's better.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by crimsons unless you mean crimson guardians. I specifically remember grinding at crimsons (mainly for hearts / brandish) being significantly better / more enjoyable than the first map of NT. They don't status effect anywhere near as much as the first map of NT, the map layout isn't horrible (pets can actually pick stuff up), etc.
    I mean that's the whole point of the balance team right? To fix Neckson's imbalances?

OOF

15. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    If the first NT map had somewhat competitive xp rates to 7f, I'd grind there. The only listed complaint I'd agree with is the weird platform that takes some finesse to get a pet or manual loot to. The map needs the mobs to not have a longer than normal respawn time, but the map itself actually has a ton of things going for it.

Back on topic of the thread: do we think the maple economy needs bolstering? It feels like this is a fairly normal between event period to me, and prices on items are actually beginning to stabilize. Pumping more meso into the game sounds dangerous, from a design perspective imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    upload_2020-8-14_13-42-51.png upload_2020-8-14_13-43-8.png

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    hell yes

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just throw random DC into the mix and problem solved.

19. Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
    Somewhat off topic, but fixing the glitched mobs spawning on high platforms in ulu2 would probably generate more mesos than this "one of a kind" change.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. hloohe

hloohe King Slime

Jun 27, 2017
    hloohe
    Bowmaster
    I thought this was a lazy ass way to balance ulu2 and leeching given that it hasn't been fixed for months?