1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Boss Equips: Removing 'One-of-a-kind' (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2020.

Would you prefer MapleLegends with:

Poll closed Aug 21, 2020.
  1. More than 'one-of-a-kind' but untradeable boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

168 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Only 'one-of-a-kind' boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

163 vote(s)
    49.2%
  1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    8:41 AM
    Its for AFK helm buyers, 60 is the level of Nightghosts

2. Giza

Giza Snail

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    5:41 PM
    Gizakje
    Making bossing more appealing and more of a stable way of making money seems like a good motivator but when we look at the current landscape in maplelegends I think there are a problem with removing one of a kind from boss items regarding the selling and buying of boss items with free reloot.

Free reloot issue:
    For instance when a selling party sells a zakum helmet with free reloots at the moment the one of a kind removes the incentive to scam the selling party as a buyer because you as a buyer can only have one and have nothing to gain by relooting more than necessary. If one of a kind is gone then the buyer could take multiple helmets even though he or she didn't need a reloot and the Selling party would have no way of knowing if they are getting "scammed". So I would expect that this would mean selling boss items with free reloot will disappear.

Ofcourse the disappearance of selling with free reloot is maybe not a big issue but I believe it is something that is needed to be taken into account before a decision is made on this topic.

A suggestion to make bossing more lucrative without removing one-of-a-kind is to make the boss drop etc items that are worth alot of mesos to substitute the selling of the actual boss items.

Scroll demand issue:
    I personally don't think the higher scolling demand will work with he bossing items as this will only result in the demand for helmet scrolls increasing and maybe chaos scrolls. When we look at the market price for helmet int or helmet dex we can see that there is no shortage in demand for those scrolls or at least no willingness to reduce prices. This is because washing is a thing on this server and everyone that makes any character that needs a hp boost is going to need int and the best way of getting more int is to get a boss helmet like zakum helmet (10 slots) and scroll it with helmet int scrolls. Normally scrolls are usefull for one or two jobs and thus becomes a niche with less demand but the int scrolls are usefull litterally for every class. But for alot of other scrolls there is just no incentive to use them at all as the meta dictates that int and dex are the stats you want on your gear because your main stat needs to be as high as possible through normal ap to get the biggest boost from maple warrior. To give players more options in scrolling and thus shake up the market this meta has to be changed even if it is only slightly.

For example if the order of calculation would change for maple warrior then that would make a big impact. So if maple warrior would not only take into account the ap on the character but also the stats from the equips this would mean that suddenly it doesn't matter anymore for none pure build if you scroll for your main stat or your secondary stat. Effectivly ap and scroll stats would become of the same value. Something like this could change the meta a bit but change the scrolling demand a whole lot. The int scrolls would still be way higher in demand because of washing but something like luk scrolls would rise in demand and dex scroll would decline in demand because there would be no more advantage in taking dex over luk in case of an thief character. Same with str and dex scrolls for archers as both would become of the same ish value.

Anyways that is my two cents on the matter, hopefully my insights helped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:41 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I second on this. The helm scroll for DEX and INT are probably some of the more stable and reasonable valued scrolls. This change wont no doubt spike the price for those scolls, which is really not needed in the market. This will just further widen the gap between a trash scroll and a valueable scroll.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:41 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This is a non-issue that will just be reflected in a price adjustment, putting more money back into sellers' hands.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:41 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    imo it's more of a supply issue but speaking of stability, next event can trash the helm scroll market with 65%s to save zhelm/scar/targa market just like they did with oa ints (^: ./s ofc

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:41 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i do agree that players with only 1 character(non mage) should have more options.

maybe do 2 kind of bosses we can choose before going in.
    eg. zak1: with 3-4 helmets drop. more skills
    zak2: no helmets. more weapons less skills.

you will need to be bit creative about the story for each boss, but i think its better than giving multiple strong equips.
    anyway i agree.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. reiverdaemon

reiverdaemon Red Snail

Dec 14, 2020
    11:41 AM
    YunaIesca
    Thief
    Hiatus
    The devs in original Maplestory had Scissors of Karma in mind, not 'difficulty'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    6:41 PM
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    I Couldn't explain it any better. Agree with every word you wrote!

• Agree Agree x 1