1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Boss Equips: Removing 'One-of-a-kind' (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2020.

Would you prefer MapleLegends with:

Poll closed Aug 21, 2020.
  1. More than 'one-of-a-kind' but untradeable boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

168 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Only 'one-of-a-kind' boss equip/gear? (eg. zakum helmet, scarlion hat)

163 vote(s)
    49.2%
  1. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    1:35 AM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I don't really like the idea of removing "One of a kind" restrictions,
    the amount of money it will bring in to the economy is minimal in comparisson to the damage it can make to the game by making it too easy to get godly endgame gear.
    I think just making the bosses harder with less drop rate will do the trick.
    It's uncommon to do 2 HT runs and get nothing(so far i've ran 30+ HTs and there were only 5 or 6 times that I didn't get anything skill books in 2 runs).
    Like i've said before, HT is far too easy to kill and we cant even consider him as an endgame boss anymore, the mechanics are basically : memorize timers and its gg.
    Try making HT harder by :
    1)Reducing timer
    2)Making seduce random(6 man groups will have a hard time finishing if the bishop is getting seduced at random).
    3)Making seduce affect more than 1 person(not talking about mass sed).
    4)Remove the mechanic that last 2 people that enter the map don't get mass seduced.

Regarding other bosses, like zakum and cwkpq : reducing drop rates will probably fix the problem(cwkpq boss timer can also be reduced so more ppl will be needed per run, or at least apples will need to be used).

Scar/Targa is hella bugged, need to be fixed in general.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    3:35 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters

I feel like one of the main reasons the original idea was brought up was to increase the amount of raw mesos in the server and none of your ideas really tackle reasons 1 or 2. As for reason reason 3 I agree that there were too many 65% scrolls put into the economy and if they come back in the future they should be more rare. I think CWKPQ is in a good spot right now because it's a really nice area for mid game level area (like 140-170) to get make some decent cash if they don't have a mage. Trying to remove it would make the game even more mage reliant which I feel like isn't what we need. I guess if we nerf 30% droprates from CWKPQ people might farm shit like nightghosts again but I feel like thats extremely boring compared to doing PQs with your boys. As for Taos there's already so many around I feel like this suggestion doesn't do much, but I do like your idea to promote exchange quests in some way, by buffing them perhaps , like increasing the raw meso amount that is given as one of the rewards would be helpful in increasing mesos for attackers. Also the third idea coming from a level 200 NL :p cmon lol, newer players deserve rights too.

Also another random idea to have more mesos for attackers is having ETCs in neo tokyo being able to exchanged in some way for raw mesos or for prizes like an exchange quest. Something that wouldn't be too OP but incentivize people to do that content now that the droprates are nerfed. It's a place that mages can't easily farm so it would only benefit attacker classes, but personally I would only do this to buff the places outside of the PQ since NTPQ is already rewarding enough. It's a pretty custom idea IMO so I dont' see it getting put in the game, but just a random idea to throw out.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    12:35 AM
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    my idea about the current options that are open for discussion.
    wy not just add more raw mesos drop in bags? instead of the pendants or helmets.
    how i do it myself im wearing atm a Mon and relooting HTP all time untill i get the right 1
    same for helmets i scroll a zhelm to get a better scar helm so i dont need to drop anything and risk anything.
    this option doesnt makes lots sense in way u can get good gear now already since theres few bosses who drops pendants/helmets
    just find your way around it and u can get a realy good bossing item w.o needing to drop.
    instead of making these items none unique anymore i would just try figure out a dif way of adding an item that boss can drop thats worth npcing for few mil
    like pinkbean has these items that sell for few mil in npc
    maybe do the same for ht / zakum / scar make it drop an etc item worth few mil.
    also u might consider give scar/targa some decent experience gaining cause the exp from scar right now is close to 0
    also i would more likely to see horntail way harder and that u kinda forced into clearing it with 9-12man minimum
    ideas for that would be:
    Random mass seduces
    or if 1 part dies opens an ability to horntail like for example mass sed if tail dies.
    and please FIX 3-4man horntails... and the maplelegends Pay2Win option
    if u buy a 2nd computer u can do 3-4 man horntails with just mules.
    i think overall making horntail harder in way u need 9-12man instead of 3-6man and no mules at all not on dif device aswell will fix the market alot
    no1 will sell Maplewarrior 20 for 180mil if u need split 12 ppl.
    just make it harder to clear and block full multiclient in bossing would be more efficient

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    6:35 AM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    On one hand it opens doors for better scrolling opportunities, on the other hand I can already see more player reports on griefing/looting and also VIP looting service being a big hit.
    If your main concern is really to increase raw meso generation on non-mages, then making it worth our while to actually grind would seem like a better overall change because not being able to NPC an extra helm really isn't stopping anyone from running Zak.

Next thing, increasing the minimum profitability of boss runs just doesn't seem right but since it's already brought up, instead of letting us NPC extra equip drops, how about you add an extra untradeable ETC that is awarded to every player in the run who did X amount of damage during the run(to prevent mules/buyers from getting it) upon clicking NPC to leave the boss map and this stuff NPCs for more than or equal to One-of-a-kind equipment value? Heck you can even do this with ALL the other instanced bosses to increase their profitability.
    e.g
    Zakum ETC 750k x 2runs = 1.5m
    Papulatus ETC 250k x 2runs = 500k
    Krexel ETC 500k x 2runs = 1m
    Jiaoceng ETC 250k x2runs = 500k
    Scar ETC 750k x 2runs = 1.5m
    HT ETC 1m x 2runs = 2m
    NT Boss ETC 1m x 2runs x 4bosses = 8m
    Toad ETC 2m x 1run = 2m
    And we'd make just over 15m mesos a day with these values and trust me when I say this, not everyone has time to all the bosses mentioned above.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    11:35 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Bossing should be fun and challenging as its the only thing to do for high level players apart from selling leech. Make the time limit shorter and make it more challenging but the rewards are better (as in raw meso drop needs increasing).

Again for number 2, the exp is also the 'profit'. Again just increase the raw meso.

As for 3, well there is always new players joining so there will always be a demand for scrolls and new helmets. Also people will make several other characters which again also need scrolls and helmets.

Basically everything is ok the way it is, just make it a bit more challenging and a little more raw meso. Waiting for the the example gene drop makes you want to keep trying... Same with gatch tickets, you train and if you get a ticket you consider yourself lucky and you keep training. When I am training the loot from the meso and etc cover the pots, everything else like equips and scrolls are the bonus bits.

6. BumbleBro

BumbleBro Mano

Sep 5, 2017
    Male
    6:35 PM
    Although this is an incentive to get more people to make bossing worth it, this might not be the way to do it.

Removing the one of a kind feature may lead to massive spikes in helm scrolls and shortages. The higher levels players will buy up all the helmet scrolls to try and perfect their gear while lower level players are left with an even harder time trying to upgrade their helmets.

If your incentive is to pump more mesos into the economy by making these bosses feel more worth, maybe you can implement daily bossing quests to recover some amount of money spent on potions. Bossing is a fun group activity and I would love to see more people boss regularly but the main concern most newer players have is the pot burn.

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:35 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I don't think this would accomplish any of the 3 goals stated.

Goal 1: Increase raw meso generation - If 4 HTP dropped on a 6 man run and they all get NPCed then each runner gets an extra 200k. That's practically nothing for an hour + long boss fight. It could be sort of helpful in zak I guess but even then it's a pretty minimal gain. The greatest increase would be for people soloing scar. Are those the players that should benefit most from this change?

Goal 2: Increase the minimum profitability of a run - Same complaint as point 1. Is an extra 200k per HT run or 400-500k per zak (not even guaranteed since 4 boss drops is pretty rare imo) worth doing this change over?

Goal 3: Increasing scrolling demand/positively affect the economy - Not sure how this would even happen. The only scrolls being used are helmet scrolls and chaos scrolls. Do either of those really need a positive boost?

I think another possible major downside that wasn't listed is what if somebody sells their real equip as a mistake? I'm sure eventually somebody is going to sell a chaosed helm or HTP thinking it was a clean one. Can't really safeguard against player mistakes but that is pretty detrimental imo.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Horntail: Let's start with HT, making the runs shorter means more apples/stoppers and alot more pressure to kill which would mean apple/stoppers/stew etc. prices go up as well as HTP.

Scar/Targa: I’ve ran Scar enough times to know that scar helms are severely bugged, I’m talking about 0 helms dropping on multiple occasions, so we still end up with the same problems as before.

Zakum: Same as scar, some runs you get 5 helms (which are mostly given to buyers) and some helms you get nothing, now you are left to roll for the helmets that you spent 30 min for.... 500k?

CWKPQ: Leave it alone, its one of the few things that is still profitable.

Raw mesos should be generated by grinding and I never personally did aggro-mannequins but I now can see why people loved it the constant gacha + mesos which actually fueled raw mesos into your inventory... I wanted to do a little comparison, you log on and try to get some boss runs in and spend 4 hours doing > zak/scar/HT and compare that 4 hours of leeching from lets say GS2, usually beginner bishops can start selling here and you've made what? 3m/hr x 4 hours=12m not including equips, you're already up 12m in comparison from bossing and NPCing 1 zak/1 scar and a gene 30 in a 10 man run so you've made.. 500k+600k+8m (Gene's are already 85m). Seems as if you're better off just making a mage and selling leech rather than logging on to your main and grinding to make money.

Here's an example look at the quest of Joko's badge redemption, you grind a bit and and you can make 3.25m by trading 25 badges each and now you've actually made some mesos by grinding. I understand that the server is 1x mesos but non-mage classes can't grind for raw mesos as efficiently and make any profit. Another one is like Goby grinding for mesos (still more profitable for mage) but i know that there are mobs that have a potential of being considered good farming places, we would just have to find more viable ones.

One other consideration would be like a daily (SOLO because people would abuse it) dungeon with a 30 min timer with a little boost in mesos, where you have to actually grind and kill for mesos or even if its for like ETC drops that you can NPC. I know there are other ways that we can fund our economy with raw mesos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Realistically 500k-2m per run of extra mesos that will only go to so many users won't really affect the users much, especially on runs that can cost up to 2m per user in pots. Currently zhelms / mons have fallen enough to where selling one doesn't even cover pot usage much of the time depending on your class etc., so many people just don't bother / run for exp. This would improve that, sure, but it won't realistically help enough to improve the current issues the economy is hitting. Selling a helm for 500k should be a last resort.

Scar is a whole other issue. I've been on 3 runs in the last couple weeks where 0 helms dropped. 2 of them were as a buyer. That should never happen...

Realistically the concern about being able to perfect a helm already exists as an issue. A user can scroll one of the other stat helms (rav, zak, scar, etc.) to a point where it's usable, while they try to perfect a scar (e.g., they have a str scar helm, then keep looting dex helms). The issue isn't gone just because one of a kind exists, it's just reduced.

If the goal is truly to improve the economy for runners, etc, the best thing you can do is add a extremely common (10+ per kill) etc. drop to these bosses that is one of a kind and can be npced for 1m. Alternatively it could be added to the users inventory on exiting the room after zak is killed. This would ensure ALL players get a minimum amount of money per run. It still won't cover pot costs, but it will put a big dent into them.

* Another note. I currently make more money card hunting higher level areas than I do bossing, not even counting gach. 200-500k npcable weapons and 100k trash equips are always going to be faster money than bossing without a buyer, or even bossing for low prices like most people are currently stuck doing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChinaPotato

ChinaPotato Blue Snail

Mar 16, 2020
    ChinaPotato
    Warrior

I don't think the changes suggested here are going to achieve the first two points. Increasing minimum profitability by a couple of 100ks per attacker isn't going to the shift the amount of a raw mesos in the server . The one-of-a-kind-items have to be worth a couple millions more to the npc in order to do so which would come with its own set of problems.

My suggestion here would be to make bosses drop or reward a special item limited to one per individual per run (like a meso bag or badge) that could be exchange for mesos (or scrolls/other rewards). This suggestion will make bossing a viable revenue stream for non mage players while also increasing the minimum profitability of boss run for each attacker that isn't reliant on RNG.

However, if the ultimate goal is to increase the raw mesos in the maple legends economy , I think we should be looking at other angles such as making quest more rewarding and make more of them at the higher levels imo. ​

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Gonna echo that making boss drop NPC prices more accessible isn't going to affect run profit big enough to matter, and any scroll demand they increase are going to be centered on helm scrolls and chaos scrolls instead of the market as a whole. If you really want to increase minimum margin for boss runs, making boss etcs (including those useless iTCG etcs) NPCable for a lump sum would be better and less intrusive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I like the idea of completing bosses giving exchange coins though I could imagine this needs to be extremely well balanced. This sounds pretty similar to the system already in place for NT crafting. Not really sure what you could give players in this case though.

14. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    Personally , I don't think it'll solve anything or help by much .
    I would say I'm pretty new but here's my take on the last event .

Anniversary Event is amazing don't get me wrong but its also a catastrophe
    .Server gain massive amount of player base which is good but Event happen during the same time
    .There's no limit to the amount of 65% scroll people can get
    ( Which got nerf abit but Cape for INT 65%...? In a server that pretty much require Washing )
    .Puff Daddy = Grind = Gacha (Golden ticket too) = CS/WS 60m/110m

Instead of trying to fix what is already broken we need to make sure to reward player but also limit player
    How to run an Event but also not break the economy

It'll take a long time for the economy to heal but who's to blame ?
    The Admin ? The Devs ? The GM ?
    NO.
    It's us , We're greedy human being . We cause this

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Its because I don't think this idea tackles the generation of raw mesos in a larger scale. I think most of the raw mesos stem from lower level grind. I mean generally speaking, at higher levels not many jobs choose to grind to level up and prefer bossing (unless cleavers at 7F or mages in their own AOE world).

Grinding is more effective in gaining EXP over joining PQs and there aren't many bossing avenues at lower levels for EXP + meso gain compared to higher level bossing.

At higher levels, most of our revenue comes from selling services and drops from bosses like scrolls / books. Also, if scroll prices are so bad now due to oversupply but no buying power, I initially thought reducing its availability could increase their marketability.

I guess we would need to incentivise lower level grind over buying leech to generate more raw mesos. Sadly one avenue (Mannequins) have been eliminated. And now CWK-mob-grind-exchange-quest as well (due to diminished value of Taos from CWKPQ bonus).

But I guess I focused too much on the idea of demand-supply.

Some other brainstorming ideas:

Increase raw meso generation of non-mages
    1. Provide raw meso bonus for low-level PQs, like 2-5m as ONE OF the bonus rewards. Also increase the drop rate of Bonus-stage equipments to NPC? This could also incentivise new players to revive KPQ/LPQ/OPQ etc.

2. Though less likely to be successful given declining prices of MTK, but as mentioned, discard Taos from CWKPQ to encourage more players to farm CWK for ETC exchange quest.

3. Increase drop rate of low level mob EQ - ie. like below lv 70-90 grind (risky idea) but still incentivises low-level grind prior to 4th job and raw mesos can be generated from NPC-ing equipments hunted. A safer idea instead of exploring a path of no return and converting bossing gears to non-one-of-a-kind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:35 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    We'll keep a continued eye on the discussions, but I'd just like to highlight a few things.

This idea wasn't made with the hope of being the single, be-all solution for issues #1,2,3. If anything, it was an interesting idea that can help alleviate (by small degree) all 3 simultaneously. This alone isn't going to, nor is it supposed to fix everything. We have other changes in the work, so I want all players to see the suggestion as it is and as a whole.

Also, the change isn't supposed to FIX raw meso generation of non-mages. It's simply intended to hopefully offset potion costs of runners and introduce a slight bit more raw mesos. Adding too much, is always a concern for inflation. So having a controllable amount, which gets prioritized between "do i scroll this" or "npc this" would act as the controlling factor.

I also want to point out that the concerns raised by everyone so far are all valid. We look forward to hearing more responses ^^

17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I am against making items like zakum helmet and scarlion helmet and HTP and MoN not one of a kind.

Being one of a kind is big part of their balance - and to get a better one, you should to be willing to make sacrifices.

The simplest way to increase non mage meso generation (and lets be real you are also increasing mage meso generation because there ARE bishops / ice mages fire mages that boss) would be to increase the drop rate of equips on bosses.

From my HT drop logs on runs that I have hosted, Horntail drops about 5.11 equips per kill. You can boost this to 10 and that makes each run have a floor value of like 4-5m in NPC.

I don't like the solution to have meso bag values increased because it would be easily abused via meso up.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Only extremely potion effective classes (e.g., shads) and people who solo / duo zak without selling would have their potion costs offset. Otherwise at best 2-3 people will have their potion costs reduced. There's no real outlet for good meso generation outside of mages post mannies nerf, some people would rather not play than play a mage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. XXXPeepShow

XXXPeepShow Blue Snail

Apr 4, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    I'm opposed to removing the "one of the kind" tag completely on boss equips, I feel like scrolling high stat end game equips should be challenging and stay that way.

But hear me out on these solutions,

-Problem of not enough raw mesos/non mage meso flow:

What if we implement a npc which would give you quest for defeating daily bosses (zak, cwk, ht, etc...). Which in return for each finish you are rewarded with X amount of mesos (3-4m per 2 runs of each boss?)

Could also do something like each week the npc has 3 randomly selected bosses you can get rewarded mesos from after defeating, giving incentives to fight less popular bosses.

-Problem of not enough demand for scrolling:

Why not just make items 2 of a kind? Then players will always have thier old gear while trying to scroll new one, and will still have to rely on reloots if those items blow up or dont turn out.

• Like Like x 2
  20. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If the up-coming coding that solves the channel sniping issue won't be effective, that change will just make an uproar within the community

• Agree Agree x 1