1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Castellan toad x2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by umaga, Aug 16, 2020.

1. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    3:53 PM
    Vivid
    Hello,

As things currently stand in MapleLegends, Castellan Toad is an optional boss that can be fought once per day. However, I propose that we double the instances so that parties can fight the Toad twice per day. These are some of the possible benefits:

1. This would help supplement the endless grind for melee classes at 7f to 200.
    2. As more players reach late-game, and as HT books continue to tank, players would have the option of fighting Toad with their friends instead of fighting others in the Cave.
    3. With adjusted droprates, we could possibly bring more stonetooths into the economy for our hero friends without SI mules.
    4. It would be twice as fun.

With its high HP barrier and current droptable (its most coveted drops are arguably chairs and cards), I do not believe that this would shift the current meta in a gamebreaking way. And if handled properly, this could be a positive change for the Community. Thank you for reading my suggestion and I hope that you will take it into consideration.

Best,

Umaga

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:53 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I don't think this would make toad more popular. Doubling the amount of runs per day doesn't change the fact that toad has garbage drops, requires somewhat heavy muling (imagine 6man toad kekW), and requires relatively heavy washing. I do agree that addressing your point #3 directly by adjusting drop rates would be a good change.

This somewhat ties into a larger point that we have a bunch of bosses that dead content because of terrible drops. Krexel, Toad, and BGA are all pretty decent for exp, but their collectively awful drop table makes them just awful for any reasonably efficient mid-late game player. Sometimes I see counterarguments of the form "BGA/Toad is good exp if you duo!" or "we can't buff their drops or else it will be too broken!", but the reality is that all of these bosses are vastly outclassed by HT/CWKPQ/NT and there is very little people running them compared to the meta options. I don't see any harm in buffing the krexel/Toad/BGA drops, they are so far behind the meta bosses that a drop rate buff will bring them nowhere near broken.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I think toad is a good place to drop a bunch of gach exclusive items. 2 main ones being level 130 ele wands and sky ski. It already drops ele staves so I don’t think it’s that bizarre of an idea to include wands and ski would match stonetooth which is already dropped. Idk if it’d be enough to push people to toad more but it’d increase incentives at least while also reducing the necessity of gachapon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Nah skis and elewands got to stay in the gach for nostaglic reasons f2

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    12:53 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    yes as a night lord with enough Hit Points to tank big toad without the ability of hyper body it is clear that times have changed and it is not meant for only melee classes, I feel like making toad more accessible will help bridge the gap between sweatlords and people that want to play the game without washing that much. It's not like surviving two hits from toad will matter at all because as it is RN all i do is use 0 potions because my alpha based chad of a bishop can press the heal button 60 times a second anyways let the newbies kill a purple frog for some chairs ty for ur time

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    If toad gets damage nerfed then BGA/BGB/grandpa needs to get nerfed to help cleave attackers

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    i mean sure what do u suggest their damage should be (idk what it is rn tbh so can u say what it is rn too)

8. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    More related to the 440ish accuracy needed to 100% hit. I think one of the attacks does something like 28k close range tho which definitely isn’t hp wash optional.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    i feel like theres no point in needing that much accuracy tbh i don't see why its avoid can't be lowered, I feel like this whole ranged only, melee only boss thing is silly anyways, since its not like you see a party of only melees at toad (correct me if im wrong)

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    All my work collecting knuckle accuracy scrolls would be wasted pepehands.

But also b>knuckle accuracy 30

11. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    why not make this a poll?

12. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    To me it's mostly controversial because ranged characters are meta at every other boss. I don't think it's that big of a downside to be not viable at one boss in the game especially when it's matched with cleavers not being viable at BGA/BGB/Grandpa. If something is to be done I'd rather see it related to gear than damage reduction though. Like you said people should be making a choice to use attack gear or HP gear but I don't think current hp scrolls provide enough benefit to survive toad with 0 washes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1