1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow 1x Skill Macro for Roar/Gene/Meteor/Blizz

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Joolahn, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    4:20 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Can we allow these skills to be used once in macros (but not repeated)? Small QoL request to have the jump/bump/knock-back queuing and 'shout skill name' function from skill macros still be available for these skills. Especially for roar (where timing is important to reduce HP and pot accurately) it's been frustrating to have to spam roar if I'm getting hit or jumping, versus just pressing once and potting immediately at guaranteed cast.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    i believe this nerf should be reverted entirely

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    12:20 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Nah, makes it too easy to sweaty multiclient.

• Like Like x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If/once macro attacking gets removed from this game, the sweaty people are going to turn to multiboxing programs in order to run multiple OS instances and then remap a handful of controllers for each client. It isn't being done right now because it's still fairly easy to multiclient on one computer and click between clients while holding one button, but if/once it is made harder (with things like macro attack removal), the sweaty people will migrate to other solutions (that are arguably easier) that simply require more hardware.

Lesson of the story - sweaty people will stay sweaty, and people with more access to hardware will win out in the end with these types of reductive changes.

Just look at Royals and DickDann or w/e his name is.

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I believe all skills that are able to be placed into the Skill Macro slots should be able to be used (this originally includes skills you mentioned) what should not be considered is having more than one of the same skill placed into a Skill Macro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Sucks that this QoL is taken away from DKs and non-sweaty mages just to slow down the sweaty players. Is allowing single cast skill macro like this really that enabling for sweaty multiclienting?

Seems like akash/shiv style multi-mage farming wouldn't be enabled by allowing 1x macro (as casters are mostly in safe spots without jump/bump casting issues and mobs are killed immediately at spawn). Maybe multiclient 5-6F leeching would become slightly easier, but isn't the removal of 3x macro still the important change? IMO it seems like a small nerf revision to bring back this QoL change for the standard player.

7. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    12:20 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I have a very heavy bias towards anything that errs on the side of helpinng multiclienting.

best to take my opinion as it is and move on with the discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Gotta respect that. Thanks for your input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    It'd be really cool to be able to use Ult Skills such as GEN for selling/self leech or farming/grinding drops.

Then I can actually name the skill macro.
    • only Once(1 time) in the Macro Skill, so it wont be spam/abused

Whenever I'm selling/self leeching or farming/grinding a map, it would be really cool to @ Time or @ Mapowner whenever I press the skill macro.

So I wont have to press another key to proc the function call whenever someone pop-in really quick, to try to map/kill/item steal, without me having enough time to call them out on it to change channel or ask them to leave the map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:20 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You can just do this using any of your buff skills, casting invincible or something takes no time really

• Like Like x 1
  11. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    True lol I guess i could change my other macro names to it then OnionPerfect