1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Scissors of Karma

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by intimmydator, May 10, 2022.

1. intimmydator

intimmydator Slime

May 10, 2022
    Male
    8:36 PM
    surskit
    Paladin
    erion
    I was thinking this would be a cool addition as a cash shop purchase but limit its usage to only allow transfer within the same account. This would let players to put their Zakum Helmets or Horntail Pendants or whatever on another one of their own characters on the same account for reasons such as not wanting to do the prequests again on a new character, or if they simply no longer want to play the character they originally got the equip on.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:36 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
  3. OP
    OP
    intimmydator

intimmydator Slime

May 10, 2022
    Male
    surskit
    Paladin
    erion
    Once per Scissors used.

4. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:36 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:36 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    It can be a good mesos sink?

• Like Like x 3
  6. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Meso sink would be cool. Since technically, can use Mesos in Cash Shop.

Maybe make it cost 30m mesos or more, per purchase of the Scissor.

7. OP
    OP
    intimmydator

intimmydator Slime

May 10, 2022
    Male
    surskit
    Paladin
    erion
    As far as pricing and quantity limitations, that's for the admins to decide. I can't think of why it should be finite per account, seeing as you can get an infinite amount of untradeable boss loot equips on a long enough timeline, but if it was like five Scissors per month I would also not have any issues with that. I'm just coming at it from an angle of giving more options to the player without nullifying everything they've worked to achieve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:36 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This would allow the people that missed out on the improved PQ gears to obtain them so yes please.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    If you have the old PQ gears and would like to exchange for a new one we can do that for you, just make a character issues thread. ^^

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    5:36 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yay triple egged HTP…

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    6:36 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I'll be frank, SoKs were suggested countless times before - and they were denied time after time as it'd crash the bossing market.
    However, I think the idea of this kind of Trade-Within-Account SoK is actually not too bad!

While it will have temporary consequences I believe the market can overcome them easily, and it could actually prove to be a useful feature with a slight tweak.

However here's the list of the foreseeable consequences, though most of them are very temporary:
    1. The demand for Zakum Helmets/Scarga Helmets/Horntail Pendants/Pinkbean Pendants/Certain Scrolls will go down at the beginning as people will be able to transfer old gear from inactive characters.
    2. Opens a door for workaround where you can have multiple One-of-a-Kind items at once on multiple characters, so you can scroll Zakum/Scarga helmets for instance more easily.
    3. If purchased with NX the management will not be able to keep the "no Vote-2-Win" lie.
    4. You'd be able to transfer items to characters who haven't done prequests...

My reasonable counterarguements for the consequences:
    1. The demand might go down, sure... but that'd be very temporary and only at the beginning.. as 80% of the players keep 1 main character per account. So in case you changed your local-main that can prove useful, and also a reasonable change for items such as Blackfist Cloaks.
    2. Sure it can open that "workaround" though it will probably not worth it, considering the fact that the NX (or preferably meso worth) of SoKs will be too high to make these methods efficient.
    3. Just make these SoKs a tradeable item (so they have market) that can be dropped from bosses.
    4. Well It's kinda hard to counter this one, but the only solution is to block the character from taking the item from the storage if they haven't done the corresponding prequest.

While unfortunately I believe it will not be implemented, I can say that I actually support this one. :thumbsup:

* As for the "Triple egged HTPs" that can easily be countered by checking if the item has already been egged once (which I believe is the way the system is working by default already).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1