1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion about NL recharge changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by flow, Aug 15, 2022.

1. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    5:53 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I'm sure everyone is already tired of hearing NL players complaining about the recharge cost, wich doesn't even make sense since they're one of the class who spent less money on boss runs due to their high avoidability and insanely cheap recharge costs back then, a very cheap class to maintain in a long term (lets not talk about alchemist).
    And even using low tier stars they still the best class, so please stop crying.

But unfortunately some of these changes can be agressive to new players, and we all know how much assassins are popular for this community, so i'm suggesting attaching the increased recharge cost to shadow shifter, simmilar of how claw mastery works about their stars, but increasing their cost instead of max ammo.

I know these changes are made for fixing the economy increasing meso sink, but i'm almost sure most of the sinks income from end-game players, i'm not sure if lv 40 assassins needs to join the cause.

EDIT: like sandpicklesandpickle said, this can be avoidable by recharging with another character (how i didn't thought about it lol, ty for the feedback), so this isn't the best way to avoid that, only if good stars become untradeable after use, i would like to see if anyone have any good idea about this

• Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    3:53 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    While this seems like a good idea, I currently use a hermit to recharge my stars in HT cave. If a change like this were to come out, I would just use another MU mule to recharge my stars at a reduced price

• Like Like x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:53 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Meant to post this in the other thread that got locked:

Personally, I think this change adds diversity to NL/Corsair play by adding economic incentives to their choices. Just like how archers wouldn't use diamond arrows for hunting/grinding, NLs/Corsairs now need to think about switching up their ammo selection for different uses. In the past, ammo management was always a set and forget situation, but now that this is not the case anymore, players will be forced to adapt and weigh the pros and cons of their class. (+1 to varied play, +1 to holistic balance on top-end damage)

I would only see this as an economic nerf if you are unwilling to learn and adapt. The only area this affects NLs/Corsairs is during bossing, where you would actually need/want the additional damage and would be willing to spend more out of pocket. It further confirms that bossing should be primarily a meso sink that is incentivized with shiny drops/exp. With that said, I do believe that bossing economy should have been made significantly better to offset the added upfront cost to running. It's too early to tell if the added drops/drop rates affected EV enough to justify bossing as a means to farm/progress. For all we know, this could even be a temporary fix to quickly drain the mesos out of the economy.

The thing people need to understand in this game is that nothing is permanent. That's the fun part and main advantage of playing in a smaller, close-knit private server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I agree but I still think it could be toned back quite a lot. NL is already so expensive to make, having one that's fully geared out and has high-tier stars is already a huge luxury expense. There's a case to be made for balancing it so that NLs have to carry multiple sets of situational stars but it shouldn't be at the point where it's not worth upgrading to higher tier stars at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    just remember, nl gears being expensive is most due to the fact he's the most popular attacker class in the game, and even with the nerfs NL still the ranged class who spent less money on boss runs, pot increases hit harder on another classes who spent 4x more pots

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Why can't new players use lower tier stars? Could make it so tobi and below have old cost, and only steely and above have higher costs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    10:53 AM
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    I'd like to suggest increasing the max inventory use slots since NLs are basically forced to carry more sets of stars now and there is just no space for them.
    People keep saying to carry subis for when you don't need the damage, but there isn't enough space to carry 40 sets of stars and i refuse to mule my stars depending on what content i play.
    Another issue to me is that subis just look so ugly but that can be fixed with nx stars i guess... but it's really so unpractical having to carry a bunch of different stars now. Absolutely annoying, especially with farming events like this. so more inventory space would help so much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    6:53 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    I really like this if staff did want to make things easier for new sins. When I grind for mesos, it's already not worth it to use tobis right now (although if they were 1 meso they might be okay). With maxed shadow stars I only use 6000 stars per hour, so the amount of meso savings from using weaker stars is actually pretty small to me and is quickly overshadowed by my reduced gains from doing less damage. Pretty sure reducing everything 21 att and below to 1 meso wouldn't have an effect on people with maxed shadow stars.

I think a way to make this feel more natural and fitting for ML would be if star costs were correlated with level requirement rather than weapon attack, while reworking the level requirements of a few stars. So for example, all of the level 10 stars would cost 1 meso per star to recharge, and the first stars to have a level requirement above that might be tobi at 15 and steely at 30 and ilbi-hwabi at 50, while MTK is changed to be higher than balanced fury.

• Like Like x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This is actually untrue. NLs are probably one of the cheapest classes to gear and still output decent damage to other classes.
    A 125 attack dragon shiner bow (+20 attack from perf) is worth about 500m+. A 71 attack craven (+20 attack from perf) is worth about 300m. You can buy icicles from NPCs as permanent mid-game stars. You don't even need to level up Shadow Claw past level 10 - you can just buy more stars and flood your inventory.

There are tons and tons of mid-level pirate tops, pirate bottoms, and dex scrolled thief shoes in the market for way under their scrolling value because of how many 'failed attempts' there are that come with attempts at perfection.

I was able to gear my secondary and tertiary NL with less than 500m each and they each get decent dpm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Comparing shiner to craven doesn’t really make sense.
    How much is a 120 atk nisrock compared to a 71 craven?

Overall the star cost is more just a hit to QoL. There’s pretty much no scenario where MTK’s are worth to use anymore unless you are either: trying to go personal dpm record or as funded Indie.

Furies are probably barely worth it for end game NL’s. Having a second set of cheap stars and having to trade them back and forth is more just annoying than anything.

(Bonus fact: even before the charge price increase, with the current, original, shadow star duration it was more cost effective to use furies and a stopper than to use MTK’s in scenarios where you would usually use ciders)

The change definitely does not warrant the amount of complaining it is getting and if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and makes you quit NL, then you were never serious about the class or game to begin with

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    True, probably a bad comparison. I can't even find a 75 attack dgs price in market to compare it to, but I do believe that it's been more standard to go craven over dgs and more standard to go dsb over nisrock due to the larger gains - +3-4 attack from perfect dgs for 10 dex vs +5 attack from perfect nisrock to dsb for 10 str. Also cravens used to just be mass farmed through ulu1/ulu2, but that really isn't the case anymore.

Personally, I thought the shadow claw nerf was a bit over the top. I always wondered why there was a buff to begin with back when they fixed shadow stars, and I thought the best implementation would have been making shadow star consume 100 stars for a 1 minute duration, thus requiring NLs to be on top of their rebuffing. It would have actually been a buff too since it would save stars over time from dispels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    because it isnt like that.
    nobody will build a wooden top/icicle/kumbi market, and new sins wont keep looking to buy lower tier stars to change 15 lvs after. they will rather get some steelies cuz its cheap already.
    im not against a higher recharge cost for mtks/furies or even ilbis, but i just dont see why we need to keep it for low tier stars.

• Agree Agree x 3